Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 164 165 166 ... 201 202 203
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-09-04 05:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

They'll likely say HQ rate has been too high for the past 15 years and lower it. It's square after all. Be sure to craft immediately after the update, as per usual, you'll have a 100% HQ rate.

Quote:
In this month’s Intense Ambusacde, we’re increasing monster HP, hallmark rewards, and badges of gallantry rewards at certain difficulty levels.
This is intended to alleviate some of the problems we’ve been seeing with congestion,

Over a year later and something suggested on day one, finally. That's nice. 50 VD2 this month was pretty brutal. It'd be nice to make the mob JUST have more HP so the fight takes longer and gives a better reward.

Quote:
The effects of Abdhaljs Seals will also increase—but if you’re like me and tend to take normal Ambuscades slow with a small group of friends,
you shouldn’t notice the changes too much.
That's a nice boost.

Quote:
And for dessert, how about a brand new alter ego? We took a look at some of the entries you submitted for the next NPC you’d like to see as an alter ego,
and we think you’ll be glad when she makes her presence known in September!
The special GEO yay. (temporary) Where's the God Damn AAHume.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-04 05:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They'll likely say HQ rate has been too high for the past 15 years and lower it. It's square after all. Be sure to craft immediately after the update, as per usual, you'll have a 100% HQ rate.
I know you were just (and rightfully so!) being sarcastic, but SE clearly stated: "adjusted them upwards" and said we will notice this increase especially on items with a "low base chance of becoming high quality" which I have no clue what they mean with this latest statement but sounds like their way of describing what we've been calling "T0" so far, i.e. roughly ~1% base chance to HQ.

Again, if I were to say what their description leads me to think about, it's a general raise in the base HQ rate of ALL items for all proesesions, plus more boosts from the food (which will now finally start to work?) and new equip they mentioned. (shields? new stuff?)
It just sounds too good to be true though so I'm being skeptic about it.

Not sure what everybody else's thoughts on this are.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-04 05:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I know I'm gonna say something that's gonna go against the thoughts of the large majority of players in here, but personally I've always judged ~1% HQ rate on items that are relevant to be pretty anachronistic in 2017 given how the game and its meta-standards have changed.

I mean if we were still in 2006 sure, but given how everything else is so much different, dunno, it feels very out of place.
I also see the pros in that approach of course, but it doesn't make me change my mind about seeing it as an anachronistic element in 2017's FFXI.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-09-04 05:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What they should do is remove the sub requirements.

See if something has a 10% HQ rate on main and sub, you have to hit the HQ lotto on BOTH.

So you don't really have a 10% HQ rate.

And if the item has 2 subs, it's no where near the 10% hq rate.

There's a lot of ways they could go with this.
 Valefor.Susake
Server: Valefor
user: Soundwave
By Valefor.Susake 2017-09-04 05:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair they said they were buffing MNK last patch... too soon?
[+]
By Marootsoobootsu 2017-09-04 06:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

See if something has a 10% HQ rate on main and sub, you have to hit the HQ lotto on BOTH.

So you don't really have a 10% HQ rate.

And if the item has 2 subs, it's no where near the 10% hq rate.

There's a lot of ways they could go with this.

You're 100% wrong about this. There's no difference in HQ rate among Cursed Diechlings (Gold 93, Alchemy 41) as tier 1s than Cursed Kabutos (Woodworking only). You just need to have both the sub + main at 31+, and you're good to go.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-09-04 06:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Chance is chance.

They do not have the same HQ rate, you have to roll HQ on main and sub.

Which is why you can break so much easier. If either roll is break, you fail. Logic dictates you HQ less if you break more.

HQ Break = break
Break HQ = break
NQ break = break
break NQ = break
nq nq = nq
Hq nq = nq
nq Hq = nq
Hq Hq = Hq

And it's 10x worse on something with a double sub
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-04 06:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be good to reach T1 or T2 for many of the Abjuration recipes.
But that's it.

Most of the stuff that's T0 and got added over the last months is cockblocked by main even before sub, if present.
That also goes for many of the early Adoulin recipes which were using Delve mats. Couple of those could still be considered relevant/interesting, think on many of them you can't reach T1 even with the Kupo Shield.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-09-04 06:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I vaguely recall yetshila +1 requiring Kupo for its last available hq tier.
 Asura.Solymr
user: Barber
By Asura.Solymr 2017-09-04 09:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I know you were just (and rightfully so!) being sarcastic, but SE clearly stated: "adjusted them upwards" and said we will notice this increase especially on items with a "low base chance of becoming high quality" which I have no clue what they mean with this latest statement but sounds like their way of describing what we've been calling "T0" so far, i.e. roughly ~1% base chance to HQ.

Again, if I were to say what their description leads me to think about, it's a general raise in the base HQ rate of ALL items for all proesesions, plus more boosts from the food (which will now finally start to work?) and new equip they mentioned. (shields? new stuff?)
It just sounds too good to be true though so I'm being skeptic about it.

Not sure what everybody else's thoughts on this are.

Like you said, I would suspect they mean there is a static increase. So if they were to bump it up 5% a T0 increase (going from 1% to 6%) would be more noticeable than a T3 (from 50% to 55%). I haven't seen a ton of testing on the rings but if they currently add 1% at the end (i.e. from 1% to 1.01% when wearing one) they could adjust them to add 1% at the beginning of the calculation (1% to 2%). Depending on what button they push at headquarters this could absolutely tank some prices on some high tier stuff.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-09-04 09:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

...a 5% increase all depends on where and how you put that 5% increase in the math. it could mean 1%->6%, 10%->15%, 25%->30%, and 50%->55%...or it could mean 1%-1.05%, 10%->10.5%, 25%->26.25%, 50%->52.5%.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-09-04 10:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

They said adjusting HQ rate bonus in the list of tasks, not adjusting HQ rate. I would interpret it to mean making orvail/craftmaster's not suck. Probably also means the next shield stage will have some HQ+% on it. Maybe get those T0s up to like 5% without changing actual formula.

Chance is chance.

They do not have the same HQ rate, you have to roll HQ on main and sub.

Which is why you can break so much easier. If either roll is break, you fail. Logic dictates you HQ less if you break more.

HQ Break = break
Break HQ = break
NQ break = break
break NQ = break
nq nq = nq
Hq nq = nq
nq Hq = nq
Hq Hq = Hq

And it's 10x worse on something with a double sub
And this is downright wrong. You get 2 break rolls, which will throw HQ rate downward by a small amount. However, it's very easy for anyone who's been crafting any amount of time to confirm that rates are still within range of tiers for items with subcrafts. 'break HQ = break' can't be proven to exist, realistically, due to gambler's fallacy.

if 'HQ nq = nq' was true, you'd be looking at less than 1% rate on T1s with subcrafts, which is clearly not the case at all. That would make T0s with subs roughly 1/4096. HQ Su3 wouldn't exist.
 Carbuncle.Arianaos
Server: Carbuncle
user: arianaos
By Carbuncle.Arianaos 2017-09-04 10:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
And for dessert, how about a brand new alter ego? We took a look at some of the entries you submitted for the next NPC you’d like to see as an alter ego,

Did they finally remember that Cornelia exists?
By geigei 2017-09-04 10:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
We took a look at some of the entries you submitted

This is scary! Who's "you"?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-04 10:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
They said adjusting HQ rate bonus in the list of tasks, not adjusting HQ rate.
Technically they said both things.
Which, as usual, is very vague and leads you to think if they really meant both of them, or just one of the two.
I already made an hypothesys on what happened on BG forums, but it's just based on purely personal conjecture.

Anyway, to support my point in this quote, here's their original lines:

Quote:
We’ve taken a look at the calculations behind receiving high-quality items and adjusted them upwards.
These, coupled with adjustments to the HQ success rate attributes found on certain equipment and foodstuffs,
mean that you should especially notice the changes for items which had a low base chance of becoming high quality

First sentence is clearly about the synthesys system in general, it makes no mention about "items/stuff that power up synthesys".
They specifically talk about raising up the calculations to receive HQ items.
In the second sentence they said that they also "adjusted" the "HQ success rate attributes" found on some items, which leads me to think they boosted food (Byrth reported neither of the "Rusk" category of food was actually giving +x% HQ rate) and possibly other +x% HQ gear.

Sooo... yeah, who knows? /shrug
But if I were to interpret their words I would say they boosted HQ in general, both the default system and stuff affecting it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-09-04 10:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant in the actual list of things to do at the bottom, which usually includes even the most miniscule tasks. Should be under content and system related, but it isn't.

Quote:
Mission and Quest-related
Escutcheons
・Create text
・Add events
Automaton
・Change the time it takes to craft certain heads
Record of Eminence
・Add new objectives

Content and System-related
Ambuscade
・Add new notorious monsters
・Replace reward items
・Adjust certain systems
Alter ego
・Add new alter ego
Porter Moogle
・Add to the list of supported items
Title
・Add new titles
Adventuring Primer
・Add new entries

Item-related
Synthesis
・Add new recipes
・Adjust HQ success rate bonus
Item
・Add new items
Quiver
・Add ammunitions which can be bundled

Obviously nobody will know until after the patch, but my guess is it's just a poor job by the translation team. Changing the rings to be a real 1% instead of a relative 1% would have a colossal effect on T0 prevalence on it's own, especially if the shield is going to start having HQ rate+ on it as well.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-04 10:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

"Adjust HQ success rate bonus" is pretty generic buuuut yeah, leads me to think to the "stuff" affecting HQ (gear, food, etc) more than the "core system" itself.

Also I feel much less skeptic about such a change compared to them somewhat messing with the core system which is not really something I see them keen on doing.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2017-09-04 10:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming next Escutcheon quest to require 1000 HQ synths using only 110+ recipes that require Delve and Vagary mats. 8D

gg
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-09-04 11:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »
Delve and Vagary mats. 8D

gg

You are too optimistic!

Missing Materials in your prediction:

- Omen materals
- Voidwatch mats
- New materials traded for 20k Escha Beads each
- Rare moggarden furrows only item
- ... and to round things up 1 Abdhaljs Metal per synth
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-09-04 12:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »

gg

You are too optimistic!

- Omen materals
- Voidwatch mats

.... annnnddd synth must be performed on Light Day on Full Moon only to receive credit
By Nyarlko 2017-09-04 13:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The JPside announcement clearly states that the HQ rate adjustment is both a baseline/overall adjustment PLUS an adjustment to gear/food. I thought the English version is also pretty clear, but I guess we are all jaded and suspicious of SE-ese after many long years of dealing with it.

Ambuscade mob buff will apply to what they call "Expert" in the JP client and higher... The "and higher" part makes me think it will only affect D/VD.
By Nyarlko 2017-09-04 13:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Bahamut.Tychefm said: »

gg

You are too optimistic!

- Omen materals
- Voidwatch mats

.... annnnddd synth must be performed on Light Day on Full Moon only to receive credit
..... annnddd trade in 10,000,000 Pagodite.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-09-04 13:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If they really are adjusting both the base rate and making the rings a flat 1%(really the only meaningful way to fix them), we can expect crafted gear to become just as easy to get as SMN aeonics.

Their strategy is to just milk the people who couldn't get anything done in it's original state, while neglecting the more dedicated players. As if FFXI wasn't casual enough.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-04 14:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Right... "difficult" = mercing / buying gil to pay 100m - 200m for HQ items. How dumb can we get.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-09-04 14:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming they do nothing more than make the HQ+% items a real % and coconut rusks are 1%, the chance of getting Su3 HQs or any other annoying T0 almost triples overnight( 1/64 * 1.03 = 1.61% hq rate, 1/64 + 3% = 4.5625%).

Taking a progression based game and reducing the highest goals difficulty by 2/3 reduces the game's lifespan. It's not like we're sitting on mountains of difficult content to kill, anyone who's been keeping up is long since done with battle content besides omen 1%s and is working on HQs for their jobs.

Farming gil or mats to make a Su3 set may not be the most exciting thing in the world, but it's something to work on. Aeonics were something to work on. Removing/trivializing old content is fine, as long as new things are provided to replace it. That hasn't been happening.
By Justuas 2017-09-04 15:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Caerda said: »
Looks like another lackluster update... Did SE hire Blizzard's Diablo 3 team or something? Updates are meaningless and have nothing to offer for past 3-4 months now. Guess its time to consider not renewing the subscription until an update that has some content actually happens.
Well they are still working with a skeleton group, aren't they. Can't except much.
By Afania 2017-09-04 15:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Taking a progression based game and reducing the highest goals difficulty by 2/3 reduces the game's lifespan. It's not like we're sitting on mountains of difficult content to kill, anyone who's been keeping up is long since done with battle content besides omen 1%s and is working on HQs for their jobs.

I wish they add some sort of quest to obtain usable(doesn't need to be god tier, just usable) gears after beating all 3 master trials, then another quest to exchange for currency/craft mat after beating all of them them 2nd time.

This would:
1) Add fun/challenging content that's relevant to progression without much work, extending game's lifespan.

2) Encourage people go back and help others to clear it after they beat it, thus extending game's lifespan again.

These BCs are extremely fun to do, such a pity that SE doesn't utilize it better to extend game's lifespan. Ambu vol1 D/VD is fun since it's different every month, offers good gil/hr with seals and needs pt organization/skill/gears to do. But that's like 1 content only and it gets old.
By aeonova 2017-09-04 15:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I voted for Lady Lilith. I hope that's who we get. Sadly, Ark Angel Hume is a guy, so the wording shoots that down.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-09-04 16:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN already made black and white a joke, and it's pretty simple with rng too with all the omen improvements.. new weapons and improved gear alongside the BRD changes have made unafraid of the dark ridiculously easy compared to release.. can't speak about the third one since geo adjustment but i'm assuming it's still being cheesed with mewing.. i was including master trials when i said people who keep up are done with battle content

adding more replay value to them isn't necessarily a bad thing, but what we really need is more new content.. new crafted items have been the only changes in most job's kits for the last 6 months, they shouldn't be trivializing those until we have something else to work on
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 164 165 166 ... 201 202 203