First Page 2 3 ... 149 150 151 ... 201 202 203
 Asura.Sesono
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Zyanide
By Asura.Sesono 2017-05-10 23:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
We've been here before. We'll be here again. REMA and HQ abjuration gear is not a requirement of any job to kill anything in the game. SMNs don't need it. Neither do any other DDs.
Try to get into a PUG for T4 without any of this.. gl you gonna need it. In most cases people wont even bother answering your tell or already /yell for REMA only. fact

Your argument is correct tho but in reality...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2017-05-10 23:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You're telling me people tank on PLD without Aegis/Ochain and RUN without Epeolatry? I feel like they are requirements due to monster design. ;0
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-05-11 00:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Aegis really is required for certain things, but you can make due without Ochain (not that I would advise it). It's also possible to strategize around not having Epeolatry on RUN, but it's generally less efficient than if you did have one (in reference to things that aren't just purely DD-tanked).
[+]
By Pantafernando 2017-05-11 04:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Announcing the Return Home to Vana'diel and Discount Campaigns! (05/11/2017)

Thanks to the support of our fans from around the world, FINAL FANTASY XI will be celebrating its 15th anniversary on Tuesday, May 16. To help mark the occasion, we will be launching two special events, the Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign and the Discount Campaign in order to bring Vana'diel as it is today to as many adventurers as possible.

Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign
From Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Monday, May 29 at the same hour.

Read on for details.
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/wcb/

Discount Campaign
From Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Monday, May 29 at the same hour.

Read on for details.
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/discount/
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-11 09:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Aegis really is required for certain things, but you can make due without Ochain (not that I would advise it). It's also possible to strategize around not having Epeolatry on RUN, but it's generally less efficient than if you did have one (in reference to things that aren't just purely DD-tanked).

I've tanked all the T4 Helms along with Kouryu and WoC as Aettir RUN, the only one remotely difficult was Vini because damn that guy hits hard as *** and PLD is a far superior tank for that fight anyway. I've even single tanked Schah as RUN in a MB setup.

Very few MB's deal great amounts of physical damage, it's almost always Magic damage and status ailments that wreck people and Epo does nothing for those. I could pickup an Epo in a few days if I wanted but I won't because it doesn't add much value. Now if SE added Magic Evasion +70 or some large amount of MDB then I might reconsider.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Server: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-05-11 10:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Epeo is good but far from a requirement on RUN, lol.

Hell, I'd say Lionheart is more useful for more CL125+ content than Epeo is.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-11 10:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sathicus said: »

That one I did get, though it sucks *** DRK isn't on it.

Seriously SE, put DRK on Lionheart.
 Asura.Ganno
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2017-05-11 10:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Get the bandwagon off DRK plz.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-11 10:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ganno said: »

Get the bandwagon off DRK plz.

I gives a *** about bandwagon, DRK should of been on Lionheart. Would of made it competitive with WAR for high intensity fights.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-05-11 10:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I would have liked to see DRK on lionheart, but I also realize since calad DRK isnt being beat by any other melee DD's atm, it wasnt necessary and would have been overpowered. High end drk, not your avg lol-rag PUG drk.
 Odin.Umopepisdn
Server: Odin
By Odin.Umopepisdn 2017-05-11 10:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
I would have liked to see DRK on lionheart, but I also realize since calad DRK isnt being beat by any other melee DD's atm, it wasnt necessary and would have been overpowered. High end drk, not your avg lol-rag PUG drk.

I agree DRK on Lionheart would be pretty OP, but calad DRK being unbeatable is a broad statement and a bit of a stretch.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-05-11 11:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Umopepisdn said: »

I agree DRK on Lionheart would be pretty OP, but calad DRK being unbeatable is a broad statement and a bit of a stretch.

ya I should have been more specific and said outside of 1hr usage, and even then its neck and neck.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-11 11:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

but I also realize since calad DRK isnt being beat by any other melee DD's atm

Must be nice living in a dream

ya I should have been more specific and said outside of 1hr usage, and even then its neck and neck.

Not even remotely close

Psst

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Savagery

And that's just the beginning.
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-05-11 11:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

...That hits the entire party.
[+]
 Odin.Umopepisdn
By Odin.Umopepisdn 2017-05-11 12:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless, i still think war/sam/blu all keep up with and can beat cald drk. But as usual... #situational
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-05-11 13:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

well both spreedsheet and personal experience have shown me otherwise... Its not like I dont have all those jobs geared too lol, or play with top end players using those jobs. Sam/War/Drk are all decently close in terms of dps, with drk edging out a little bit. Its not a huge deal either way, but no Blu doesnt come close to top end 2h.... sorry. Its still a great DD job with very nice defensive stats, so when you need to worry about defense a bit Blu is a great go to job. Most drks I see just dont utilize all that the job has to offer. +27 to all stats for 5 min, and pick one you can have it +59 or even higher for 7+ mins, possibly 8 now with feet (str/vit/acc, etc), add that to endark2, and you dont even need the amount of buffs other jobs do to deal high consistent ws dmg. Hell you can get a pretty constant 30%+ from scarlet delirium too, Go crazy and add in a perfect buff scenario and Drk all of a sudden is just that much better. While war reso is nice, its been shown and accepted already that rag isnt wars top GS for dps under perfect circumstances. You also wouldnt use it on drk spamming reso, you would still use calad which will do identical reso #s, but also have an amazing white dmg. Just saying.... not much of a debate when spreedsheet has shown drk can reach more than any other job to my knowledge, sam coming in close with war.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-11 13:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Spreadsheets are extremely inaccurate at job vs job comparison, hell their bad enough comparing different builds within a single job.

Right now it's WAR and SAM as top two depending. DRK is next to DRG and then BLU, NIN, DNC and THF. Exact positions depend on specific mob and buffs but that's your general order.

The reason WAR is up therr isn't MS, it's Warcry, Blood Rage and gifts. A naked master WAR has 33% DA, 20% crit and 18% CHD. Then add on 700TP Bonus and 12% attack for 60s, then add +40% Crit for the next 60s oh and they also benefit everyone in the PT. Retaliation is a 60-65% chance at a free attack round whenever something takes a swing at you. And that's before the typical berserk/aggressor stuff.

It's a huge package without any silly half blackmage *** or hurting yourself just to deal damage to the bad guy. Hardest part is managing all the JAs in the proper order and not just spamming resolution. SAM is similar but with lots of native store tp instead of multi-attack. And then we got the sheer volume of tools in which to murder something effectively.

DRKs greatest claim to fame was desperatel blows and soul eater. Haste is no longer difficult to cap and SEs contribution to damage has been reduced due to our HP rising by 60% while our damage has gone up more then 1000%.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2017-05-11 14:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgetting RUN. Probably one of, if not, the strongest melee DD when fully buffed. Added bonus of not getting touched by anything, which might be why it's numbers are so much higher than a lot of other jobs.
[+]
 Odin.Umopepisdn
By Odin.Umopepisdn 2017-05-11 14:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Our results are typically war/sam>blu/run>drk/thf/dnc>rest. Taking full advantage of each job's utility is key, like you said, putting a WAR with the BLU really unlocks them alternating WC and BR
By eliroo 2017-05-11 14:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Retaliation is a 60-65% chance at a free attack round whenever something takes a swing at you. And that's before the typical berserk/aggressor stuff.

On this note. When a WAR with Reta is tanking what type of gear are they wearing?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-11 14:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »
Forgetting RUN. Probably one of, if not, the strongest melee DD when fully buffed. Added bonus of not getting touched by anything, which might be why it's numbers are so much higher than a lot of other jobs.

I was only speaking in pure super buff sense. WAR and SAM beat all other DDs in pure damage vommit this includes RUN. RUNs advantage is resistance and valliance / vallation making it less likely to get petrified or amnesiad. Otherwise RUNs DD potential is extremely mediocre, not enough offensive traits and abilities. Sometimes defense is more important then offense, same reason I've been using my Bravura so much lately.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-05-11 14:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I just know what I can simulate from spreedsheet (which shows drk as top dps) and what I see in game. I havent had a war or sam yet with me who has outdone my calad drk, could it happen? Probably. Has it? No.... I am also finishing off WAR jps now to test myself once its mastered, but up until now its seeming quite far fetched.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-05-11 14:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Our results are typically war/sam>blu/run>drk/thf/dnc>rest. Taking full advantage of each job's utility is key, like you said, putting a WAR with the BLU really unlocks them alternating WC and BR

Do you have 0 DRGs or just really bad ones?
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2017-05-11 14:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

In super buff sense you don't need these extra things you try to exclude from RUN. They also run around with basically perma 22+ DA from Temper without Embolden. An extra 500 tp to an already powerful WS is scary strong and already hits harder than any other GS. RUN DD is far from mediocre.
[+]
 Odin.Umopepisdn
By Odin.Umopepisdn 2017-05-11 15:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have 0 DRGs or just really bad ones?

I bring drg for fun, have all the poles afterglowed and a trishula, it just cant keep up with other dds in the way we use them. I love DRG, will always be my favorite job, but I know it's place at the table. At the end of the day getting the job done is the important thing.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-11 15:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »
They also run around with basically perma 22+ DA from Temper without Embolden. An extra 500 tp to an already powerful WS is scary strong and already hits harder than any other GS. RUN DD is far from mediocre.

You must of skipped over what I wrote...

Naked master WAR has 33% DA, that's starting. Then add on gear and you get really silly ***. You talk about 500 TPBonus being nice when WAR gets +700 TPBonus not tied to any weapon and used on that exact same WS you mentioned, plus this bonus not only effects the WAR but everyone in the party too. Everything else RUN has others already have or have better. The only thing putting RUN over jobs like BLU / THF / DNC is the different cRatio caps and only under extreme buffs (which still aren't always enough on boss's that increase their defense).

I have a Lionheart, I have long since mastered playing RUN, look near the start of the RUN job thread. I have all the DD gear since it's shared with other light DD jobs. I can say definitively that RUN isn't in the top DD bracket, it's near the middle. It's benefits is that it's defensive stats enable it to survive ***that would flatten others and more importantly resist crippling status ailments like amnesia, petrify and even paralyze. Jobs like WAR, SAM, DRK and DRG all have shitty magic evasion and MDB while RUN gets a metric *** ton of both naturally, attacks that would cripple or even kill the other 2H DD's would barely scratch a RUN.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-05-11 16:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The lines start to blur when you consider the effect of buffs on other DDs in a pt. If the DDs are working together, WAR is giving a RUN even more TP Bonus, etc.

DRK gives Arcane Circle, which helps a lot with any of the Omen bosses, which is pretty sweet, and also helps every job in the PT.

I guess my point, if I have one at all, is pick jobs that compliment each other for the desired target. Diversity can boost the party as a whole, if done strategically.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-11 16:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Diversity can boost the party as a whole, if done strategically.
You expect too much from 99% of the playerbase.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-11 17:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes mixing multiple DD types is usually best because they can benefit each other. DRG/SAM/DRK each have circle effects that are quite nice, RUN and BLU both get party wide defensive buffs, so on and so forth. Fights are usually about more then pure DPS.

I was simply stating the "best pure DPS" because some people seem to derive their self-esteem from the status of their in game character.
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2017-05-11 17:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol
First Page 2 3 ... 149 150 151 ... 201 202 203