Forum » FFXI » General » Security Token Question
Security Token Question
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-08-20 08:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been a while since I've seen it, and I'm sure that it's posted here somewhere, but if anyone knows the answer or can link it here, please do.

Question is:

If you have the Token linked to your account, and you remove it, do you lose your Mog Satchels?

I thought I remembered that you would lose the ability to have them grow or have them added to any new characters, but that any that you would have already had would remain. I'm unlikely to unlink my account from the token, but I do want more information if people have it.

Thanks!
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-20 08:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You do not lost the satchel. It was once thought that you wouldn't be able to expand it, but some users have reported expanding theirs post unlinking.

Personally, I don't see myself unlinking mine.

Edit: Overlooked something you said. Chars created after the unlinking will not get the satchel.
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2009-08-20 09:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

you must log onto each character once while the satchel is active to activate the satchel on each character. after this you can then unlink your satchel. dont screw it up and unlink your account or something.

youll look like a fool if you do
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-20 09:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Aramina said:
If you have the Token linked to your account, and you remove it, and I get hacked will I be the laughing stock of the FFXI community?

Yes. Yes you will.
[+]
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-08-20 10:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

I asked a question and since you didn't respond to the question, why don't you take yourself to another thread.

IF I choose to remove my security token, there would be a good reason for it, and it is also MY choice.

If a bunch of people I don't know want to laugh at me for making my own personal decisions, so be it. I'm not so fragile as to be too concerned about what they think, I was just looking for information.

If anyone else has anything INTELLIGENT to add to the responses, please feel free to do so. If you do not, but have the urge to do/say something, here's a plan...

Go set your home point in Cape Terrigan and delevel to 4 while laughing at me.

Flame me, hell, I'll throw some extra coal in the oven, I really don't care. I got my answer already.

Thanks to the people who actually answered the question!