Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Summon Macros
Summon Macros
By Acacia 2015-01-15 12:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically there's a "self_command" function you can setup in GearSwap that lets you make commands for whatever you want.

Here's a little example:
Code
function self_command(command)
    if command:lower() == 'bp70' then
        if pet.name == 'Ifrit' then
            windower.send_command('input /pet "Flaming Crush" <t>')
        elseif pet.name == 'Garuda' then
            windower.send_command('input /pet "Predator Claws" <t>')
        end
    end
end

Then you would just type (or make a macro) "//gs c bp70" to use it. Obviously you would want to add all the Avatars and you could probably make it more efficient with a table but it's just a quick example.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2015-01-15 13:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Your linked "Summoner Macro Guide" is how I roll.
However, it takes two books. So fair warning on that if you have a surplus of jobs to macro. (1pg hub + 6 celestial + 3 terrestrial + Cait Sith + siphon = 12 pages needed)

It's really nice. Though it took over an hour to map everything properly (made sure to test the page swaps every time), upkeep when new gear gets acquired is only a couple minutes at most. (Copy and pasting lines is your friend.)
And now that equipsets are a thing, I don't even have to really mess with the macro proper... Just swap the relevant gear in and out of the equipset. (So it takes even LESS time to stay current!)

EDIT:
Alexander, Odin and Atomos are all on the main hub page. (Alt-6, 4 and 8 for me, respectively. Since my 6 key has a bubble on it, 4 is 死, and 8 is a homonym with "ate".)

And for shits and giggles, my crtl line is: Carbuncle-Cait Sith-Ifrit-Shiva-Garuda-Titan-Ramuh-Leviathan-Fenrir-Diabolos
Alt0 is siphons.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vow
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2015-01-15 13:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't want to clutter up the self_command function, or if you don't use gearswap, you can write a short Lua script to handle this.
Code
local pet = windower.ffxi.get_mob_by_target('pet')
if pet then
    if pet.name == 'Carbuncle' then
        windower.send_command('...
    end
end

Save the file to the windower/scripts folder, and execute it with //lua exec filename.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-01-15 13:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

At the hub I just have my summoning macros and in those macros I have it set to switch to the next line. Next line I have assault release and w/e it is to make them return. Next 3 macros are all buffing BP:w with smn skill set on the bottom line. Then I have shock squall, nightmare and sleepga all in one then it's BP delay gear > level 70 BP:r > level 75 BP:r > BP damage. Next line on the end I have perp and refresh and the line under that one I have all my elemental siphon macros as well as max smn skill macro. Odin, Alex and Atomos I do all the manually and I haven't updated them for the new BPs or Cait Sith as I haven't been on the much.

I then have lines for different subs I would be using half the time I just cast the spells manually.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [595 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Natilie
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Natilie 2016-09-01 18:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I only play Summoner, so what I did was book1= SummonerMain, I change pages within this book, based on what sub job I am playing. So far RDM SCH SAM WHM BLM =5 pages. And an entire book for each avatar, save Odin, Alexander, and Atomos (they are macros on my main summoner book). if I am running /RDM I am on page 1 of book 1 and each summon macro leads to the corresponding book and page. IE. Ctrl3 is Ifrit, it not only calls out Ifrit but changes my book to the one I dedicated to Ifrit, but also the page within dedicated to /RDM.
Yes there are many duplicate macros, and yes it took me forever to set it up this way, but the only manual change I ever have to make is when I change sub jobs. Its very awesome.