Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-08-01 03:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I had to look back at what I thought about New Dagger:

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Notus
DMG:145 Delay:200 Magic Damage+255, Dagger skill +269, Parrying skill +269 Magic Accuracy skill +255, DT -10% or MEVA 50, Accuracy 50, Magic Accuracy 50, HP 150

Can also add job specific trait if it was DNC exclusive [I'm almost certain it will be]:
Saber Dance: Haste Samba potency +15 [Capped JA Haste] or No decay to DA% [Stays at 50%]
Fan Dance: Healing Waltz AoE effect, or adds Stoneskin Effect or TP cost -100 or No decay to DT%.

And by taking a closer look at New Divergence Dagger:

1-Equipping [Setan Kober x2 + Relic Feet +3] will make steps free.[Wonder what msg will get when cost is zero]
2-It is the highest Acc Dagger at the moment.
3-It has a really good delay if you cant afford/obtain Raetic Kris +1.

And for some reason, I believe the augment system will add 3 more categories in 4 different paths and possibly you can switch between paths like Escha Weapons by consuming RP.

Path A: Defensive Stats [-10% DT, 50 MEVA, 10 Defense for each step available or consumed]

Path B: Offensive Stats [10 TA, 50 STR, 20 Save TP for each step available or consumed]

Path C: Hybrid Stats [10 DMG, 50 MEVA, 10 C.Rate for each step available or consumed]

Path D: Abilities Stats [Under Fan Dance Defense +250, Presto +1, Under Saber Dance 10 QA]

These are all speculations and I personally cant wait to see the augments.
 Asura.Xelnok
Server: Asura
user: Xelnok
By Asura.Xelnok 2018-08-04 01:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have any experience with the Raetic Kris, it's been mentioned a few times in this thread but there isn't any definite info about it.

How would the Raetic Kris (nq) compare to a mediocre taming sari offhand (with twashtar mh)? It has higher base damage, lower delay, more accuracy, and also has the extra attacks based on total magic. Anyone try it out using aspir samba or energy drain to keep the multi attacks going?
By hobo 2018-08-04 01:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I find NQ raetics really underwhelming. They shine with the HQ giving the tp. You also would need more than just aspir samba to significantly mitigate the mp drain, well depending on the content.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-08-04 01:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I haven't given up on making HQ as of yet.

NQ is indeed underwhelming like Hobo mentioned.

On paper Polyhymnia as well as any version of Divergence Dagger preforms really well as an alternative to [NQ/None Perfect Sari].
By Elizabet 2018-08-04 02:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

My off hand is a terribad sari. I've been having better results with off hand polyhymnia in Dyna D than my terrible sari. (Twashtar main hand)
 Asura.Xelnok
user: Xelnok
By Asura.Xelnok 2018-08-05 22:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

How does a Skinflayer with +17 damage, +11 Str, 15 Accuracy, +2 TA compare to a +9 damage Sari (offhand to twashtar)? I'm guessing it all depends on my attack buffs, but I'm not going to be attack capped that often. (I've used around 1500 taupe stones and didn't get anything decent with dex on it, if it doesn't compare favorably what should i be aiming for?)

Thanks!
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-08-06 06:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

No idea about your TP/WS/Buffs/Target but I tried with BiS on sheet and got this:

With your Skinflyer Offhand: 2970.455

With your Sari Offhand: 2945.560

With Polyhymnia Offhand: 2987.587

They seem very close, only 1% ahead for Skinflyer but Polyhymnia wins overall.

Please note that for the above mentioned reasons I can't take this personally as a reference to your specific case.

However if it was up to me I would stick with Polyhymnia and get rid of Oseem's/SR's pms.
By Elizabet 2018-08-07 11:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel that the BG guide saying this:

Quote:
Polyhymnia: Obtained from Oboro and its our JSE weapon, easy to get and has its uses.

...is kinda understating how well and good an option this dagger is when you aren't a terps/twash dnc. Like, you need a capped Sari to beat it, but this option is just built, not random. Hell, it's under "utility". D:
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-08-07 11:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure!
Done~
 Asura.Pusheen
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2018-08-08 17:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Terp users, are you utilizing AM3 up/down sets on your DNC? I find I already melee in a ton of STP gear and wondering if its worth shedding MA for STP when AM3 is up. Thanks.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2018-08-08 18:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pusheen said: »
Terp users, are you utilizing AM3 up/down sets on your DNC? I find I already melee in a ton of STP gear and wondering if its worth shedding MA for STP when AM3 is up. Thanks.
Terp am3 is easy enough to maintain I dont have an 'am3 down' set.
I always use +stp cape, horos+3 feet, stp earrings+rings+neck+belt.
body/head/hands are really the only pieces I think people fiddle with, you're always going to want samnuha legs for instance cause its stp+MA
[+]
 Sylph.Zeocat
Server: Sylph
user: Zeota
By Sylph.Zeocat 2018-08-09 22:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm currently building a terp, and wondered what would be a suitable offhand for someone with zero aspirations for making a twashtar?

Right now I'm using a skilflayer with DMG+18, DEX+4, Acc+19, attack+3 and TA+1 as my main hand, and was planning on using that. I'm still a month or so away from finishing, so I'll be trying for better rolls in the interim.
By Meril1 2018-08-09 22:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

In a month the augs will be out for Dyna weapons. We'l see then. Most likely Dyna dagger.
By Zeota 2018-08-10 00:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Meril1 said: »
In a month the augs will be out for Dyna weapons. We'l see then. Most likely Dyna dagger.
That is true, plus I think we get a better deal than most jobs without them. I just don't know of anyone on our backwater server with a finished smithing shield though. I'm just surveying my options right now since I'd rather avoid abyssea Tahrongi NM's if it can be helped. Having to farm pop sets for Chloris to get the AF3 to 109 already made me want to /wrist.
By Elizabet 2018-08-10 00:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have an aug'd Poly? It's a very solid option for off hand. Especially with terps with the nice chunk of store TP on it. Give it a shot if you have one.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-08-10 03:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Elizabet got a valid point, not only you gain massive acc and good STP you also get the lowest delay possible.

It’s a fair trade off that proved itself on paper too.
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-08-10 03:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a decent Dnc TP/WS set that don't include relic+3 or crazy augments?
By Elizabet 2018-08-10 05:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
Does anyone have a decent Dnc TP/WS set that don't include relic+3 or crazy augments?

TP on a budget... (Main Sari, Offhand Poly, cant invert in set)
ItemSet 359601

WS set are a bit trickier since depends highly on each WS.

Basically...

Rudra: Stack Dex and WSD and TP bonus. (Stand out piece: Meg gloves +1/2)

PK: Stack multi-attack, str and dex. (Basically any non-multi attack piece in your TP set change for high str/dex piece.)

Evis: Stack crit dmg/chance (dmg being preferable), dex, multi attack.

Honestly, if you are on a tight budget or starting out, the Meghanada set provides a good chunk of acc and atk, decent Str/Dex and doubles up as the start of a DT set. Its a good starting point to build your set until you can get / invest in better.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-10 05:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you sure about the body and feet in that TP set?
The main problem of the Meghanada set is its low haste value. In the set you posted you're at 23%. You could compensate with a belt but you're using Chiner+1...

In my opinion I would say NQ Adhemar body would be a better candidate.
But if we want to leave abj gear out (that cuts hands and head as well) then I guess Mummu set would be a much better candidate for TPing than Meghanada.

Altough I guess ***is situational, Mummu lacks Attack, but on a hunch I think it should perform better.

Meghanada legs are nice for TPing instead if you lack Samnuha. But you still have the same problem of low haste values.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-08-10 05:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Andret,
You need to clarify your question more, are you just gearing it for something specific and/or have zero gear from other jobs that share the same items like adhemar? did you get Samnuha Legs from SR? Weapons choices matter too and lastly Omen drops.

Im going to assume that you only got Ambuscade/Omen Drops and you have no intention to buy/have anything shared with other jobs and you're not 500 JP/Mastered.

ItemSet 360481

You will only need 2 DW to cap with capped Magic Haste and feet slot is flexible.

ItemSet 360482

ItemSet 360483
[+]
By Elizabet 2018-08-10 06:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Are you sure about the body and feet in that TP set?

You bring good points. The idea i had at the time was if I were to start from scratch, with minimal help and budget. A few ambu later one could put this together. Also tossed the meg there for acc/atk. Yeah will be missing 3% haste but you can only +2 so much ambu things in a month... Either ways Kat's set are better starting point. XD
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-10 07:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't want to bash your idea Elizabet, don't get me wrong.
But I'm afraid (please correct me if I'm wrong!) that you're underestimating the value of Haste in terms of total DPS contribution.

Aside from accuracy when under cap, Haste (up to cap) is probably by far the stat that can contribute more to your overall dps.
Or at least it totally used to be many years ago, I'm not sure if modern day paradygms changed anything about it but I doubt.

You're absolutely right about being able to upgrade only a certain number of pieces each month, which is why for the body and feet slots I'd focus on Mummu before Meghanada honestly, but that's just me hey!

And really, NQ Adhemar is so cheap these days, everybody should be aiming at those I think.
[+]
By Zeota 2018-08-10 09:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Elizabet got a valid point, not only you gain massive acc and good STP you also get the lowest delay possible.

It’s a fair trade off that proved itself on paper too.
I always wrote it off due to its lower base damage. But since folks have been singing its praises, and the numbers back it up, I'll definitely pick one up now! Thank you!
 Bahamut.Malaketth
Server: Bahamut
user: Malaketth
By Bahamut.Malaketth 2018-08-10 10:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have a pretty decent THF and decided why not play DNC since i have so much gear that translates. I dont see much mention at all of Aeneas/Twash and I assume its because of the Terps added finishing move benefit leading to better flourishes. That makes since so i'm good there but still have no desire to get a terp. and will stick with the Aeneas/Twash combo from my THF.

That said, and because I never see others play DNC, how often should I actually be doing steps on a per fight basis to build up to flourish? Do you generally wait until `5 FM's and then unload a CF Rudra's? Do you step just once per mob in a CP setting to avoid a slow down in TP phase or do you stack FM's as fast as possible to rotate through different Flourishes? Sorta just curious what your typical patterns are through stuff like CP, Omen, and Dyna D.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-08-10 10:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually [Aeneas/Twashtar] Combo as of late is considered BiS for Rudra dancers.

There is no set of rules on playing Dancer, there are tips and tricks that you can use to maximize its every potential.

As a dancer you’re not expected to just DPS, that was mentioned before but basically you won’t find two dancers play identically.

If the purpose of the fight was to kill something as fast as possible then you can limit your steps to one at start or end of every fight to activate clim whenever it’s up. [like cp, Omen]

Other content however, when fight mechanics needs to be dealt with effectifivly then coordinating all your Ja’s in accordance to reverse flourish seems the right approach [to me]

Meaning you prioritize RF over anything else and build your steps around that, I’m usually okay with just one presto step between RFs to link ws’s or instant source for cure.

The moment you’re approaching clim timer then one presto step is also enough to activate its full potential.
As of when to presto I usually do so while I’m about to ws or during ws animation, same goes for Haste Samba.

Also worth noting that many people think that you would lose a lot of DPS when you do actually utilize all what’s in your repertoire [effectively] forgetting the very fact that a single clim Rudra can put you back on top of parse.

But as I’ve mentioned before, each player creates their own paradigm. Some don’t even bother to use anything and just spam waiting on clim timer.

I personally like to cap at least box step and feather [in Dyna i favor quickstep]

I’m sure you will get great insight from others too, and I hope that helped.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-08-10 15:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Andret,
You need to clarify your question more, are you just gearing it for something specific and/or have zero gear from other jobs that share the same items like adhemar? did you get Samnuha Legs from SR? Weapons choices matter too and lastly Omen drops.

Im going to assume that you only got Ambuscade/Omen Drops and you have no intention to buy/have anything shared with other jobs and you're not 500 JP/Mastered.

ItemSet 360481

You will only need 2 DW to cap with capped Magic Haste and feet slot is flexible.

ItemSet 360482

ItemSet 360483

Thanks, I have NQ Adhemar head and body (Path A). HQ hands (Also Path A). None of the Reisenjima pieces and I had a lot of difficulty in getting good augs on the ones I do have (like 4WSD +20 Atk/Acc) for whatever reasons.

I don't want to spend millions on Relic+3 gear but I might be able to spend some on AF+2/+3 or Relic+2 as long as it's not costing an arm and a leg.

I don't have +2 Ambu so it's something I am still working on.

Elizabet said: »

TP on a budget... (Main Sari, Offhand Poly, cant invert in set)
ItemSet 359601

WS set are a bit trickier since depends highly on each WS.

Basically...

Rudra: Stack Dex and WSD and TP bonus. (Stand out piece: Meg gloves +1/2)

PK: Stack multi-attack, str and dex. (Basically any non-multi attack piece in your TP set change for high str/dex piece.)

Evis: Stack crit dmg/chance (dmg being preferable), dex, multi attack.

Honestly, if you are on a tight budget or starting out, the Meghanada set provides a good chunk of acc and atk, decent Str/Dex and doubles up as the start of a DT set. Its a good starting point to build your set until you can get / invest in better.

Thanks, this is what I'm using at the moment.

I would like a good enough set to work towards without blowing dozen of millions on Relic+3 or spending 1000+ stones on augmenting Reisen equips.

I spent something like 500 stones for a WSD +4 with +20 Atk/Acc and the best I got was +4 WSD and 24 Acc, 5 Atk. I'm not looking forward to spending too much on SE randoms.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-08-11 03:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want to spend millions on Relic+3 gear but I might be able to spend some on AF+2/+3 or Relic+2 as long as it's not costing an arm and a leg.

I can happily share that in a couple of weeks, relic upgrades "cost" will hit the floor because of the new RoE Vagary Updates making relic gear far more attractive to build.

Technically, you can upgrade 5/5 by just 3 vagary RoE runs for free![provided you have other mats]
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
Server: Ragnarok
user: Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2018-08-11 07:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I was out of the game for nearly a year (life, gotta love it). Recently got back in and found my LS is now doing Omen and Dynamis D content, as well as some Ambuscade when we can. I've managed to get a few good pieces, but I could use some advice where to go from here.

This is my current TP set.

ItemSet 360500

Augments on pieces are:
HLegs have Attack+30, Triple Atk.+3,AGI+7.
HFeet have Triple Atk."+3, DEX+2, Accuracy+8, Attack+15.
Senuna has DEX+20, Accuracy+20 Attack+20 , DEX+1, Dbl.Atk.+10. (Planning on maxing out the DEX, and might swap the DA to Store TP, not sure what to use for the resin augment, might go with DT-5%.)

For WS, I use this:

ItemSet 360501

Augments are:
Hhead has Accuracy+27, Triple Atk.+2, Attack+14.
Body has Accuracy+18 Attack+18, Triple Atk.+3.
HLegs is the same as TP set.
AHands are Rank 15 Path A.
Moonshade has Attack+4, TP Bonus +250.

Other misc pieces I have so far are full Mummu +1 set, Mummu +2 hands, working on Meghanada +1 and will have enough metal to upgrade one piece to +2 right now, don't know which one to do first. I have all Maxixi at +2 other than body, all other Horos and Maculele at +1.

What pieces should I be looking for to help push me to the next stage of play? I'm currently about 1/3 of the way done with a Terp, and have a level 90 Twash that I plan to spam VW for plates for this month.

Any advice would be appreciated! I can generally hold my own when I go on runs with my group, but my damage seems to be lagging behind quite badly (which, to be fair, they have Aeonics and Afterglow weapons, so that's part of it.)
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-08-11 07:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Check out the guide over at BG. It should give you an idea of what to aim for.

I wouldn't worry as much about making RMEA as I would be concerned with really building out your armor sets. Armor has a much stronger effect on performance than weapons, honestly.

With that said, there are better daggers you could be using that aren't hard to get. Look into Taming Sari, Skinflayer, Polyhymnia and/or Izhiikoh.
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 80 81 82