First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 80 81 82
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-03-28 16:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
This all comes down to how effectively you can remain in front of the mob, and there are quite a few examples of countering, cleaving, or gaze mobs that you'll want to avoid.
Which is exactely what kept me away from Closed Position even at level 99, it was quite cool back then if you guys remember, before Adoulin I mean.

You'd have to create multiple sets variation, and I already have so many TP sets for DNC I don't really want to make things even more complicated adding a dynamic feet field to handle wether or not I'm facing the current target.

I dunno, it might just be me being overly OCD but it annoys me a lot.

Regardless of that, I think Relic Feet +3 are still BiS for Steps.
I'm totally interested in getting them even without Closed Position. Maybe not now but when prices will be even cheaper. They started to crush already but I want them even cheaper.
By hobo 2018-03-28 18:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea personally I avoid the front of mobs as much as I can out of habit, too many frontal based attacks that are a pain to be hit with. Closed position just seems like it is asking to get you killed.

Prices seem to be rather low for the shards at least, I have seen some at 800-1m, voids under 2. With the update hopefully all prices get a bit more consistent, instead of some crazy people trying to sell bodies for 20m.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-03-28 18:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're in a situation without Samurai Roll support, then I could see 5/5 Closed + Relic always being really nice. If you're running with a COR tho... you might want to check your likely x-hit range to see if that extra STP is doing anything for you at all.

Asura.Sechs said: »
You'd have to create multiple sets variation, and I already have so many TP sets for DNC I don't really want to make things even more complicated adding a dynamic feet field to handle wether or not I'm facing the current target.

A manual toggle is pretty simple to implement.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-03-28 18:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as you're benefiting from the TP overflow by going over your x-hit, I'm still in relic feet's camp. If you're using Terp and Pyrrhic, then yeah, definitely do what you can to limit that overflow.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-03-29 01:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
A manual toggle is pretty simple to implement.
Absolutely, doesn't make it any less annoying to me though.

(and tbf I don't think it should be overly complicated to implement the positional check as well, that info is present in packets I think as there are specific addons that check for that)
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-04-17 02:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I did a comparison between perfect QA Herc [Body, Feet] vs. Relic +3 [Body, Feet] for [Terp/Twashtar] and [Aeneas/Twashtar] TP Sets with Terp Spamming PK and Aeneas Spamming Rudra:

[Terp/Twashtar] QA
TP:3236.175
WS/Round:2.28
WS:12974

[Terp/Twashtar] Relic +3
TP:3206.777
WS/Round:2.30

The previous posted TP set used Ashera+Relic Feet:
TP:3233.034
WS/Round:2.22
---------------------------
Ashera and QA wins over Relic by 1% only...
Relic Body + 3 is quite impressive even for Terp users.

[Aeneas/Twashtar]QA:
TP:3559.793
WS/Round:2.66
WS:14913

[Aeneas/Twashtar]Relic+3:
TP:3706.300
WS/Round:2.41
WS:14706
Relic +3 wins by 4% over QA.

Updated TP set for [Aeneas/Twashtar] with Relic +3 Feet instead of Herc TA4
Edit: New Merits are 5/5 Closed Position 3/5 NFR 1/5 Saber 1/5 FD
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2018-04-23 08:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
I did a comparison between perfect QA Herc [Body, Feet] vs. Relic +3 [Body, Feet] for [Terp/Twashtar] and [Aeneas/Twashtar] TP Sets with Terp Spamming PK and Aeneas Spamming Rudra:

[Terp/Twashtar] QA
TP:3236.175
WS/Round:2.28

[Terp/Twashtar] Relic +3
TP:3206.777
WS/Round:2.30

The previous posted TP set used Ashera+Relic Feet:
TP:3233.034
WS/Round:2.22
Ashera and QA wins over Relic by 1% only...
Relic Body + 3 is quite impressive even for Terp users.

[Aeneas/Twashtar]QA:
TP:3559.793
WS/Round:2.66
WS:14913

[Aeneas/Twashtar]Relic+3:
TP:3706.300
WS/Round:2.41
WS:14706
Relic +3 wins by 4% over QA.

Updated TP set for [Aeneas/Twashtar] with Relic +3 Feet instead of Herc TA4
Edit: New Merits are 5/5 Closed Position 3/5 NFR 1/5 Saber 1/5 FD

Hi Katriina,

Nice work! By perfect QA herc, do you mean DM augment QA+3 acc/att >30? Looks like I will go through with relic +3 body!

Also, how close is STR/DA cape vs STR/WSD vs DEX/WSD for PK with Terp AM3?

Cheers
By Zyx1337 2018-04-30 12:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I apologize for a redundant question. (Didn't see it asked but I'm sure it's been answered.)

How does Blurred +1 stack for an off hand with Terp as main hand? I've currently got Terp AG and an ok Skinflayer but was surprised to see Aeonic winning out right in DPS as main hand. Was thinking with Blurred off hand I can at least push more DT gear into AM3 set. I feel like the TP gain would push it ahead of Aneas but PK isn't all that great.
By hobo 2018-04-30 18:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you asking blurred over skinflayer in offhand? or blurred vs aneas?

Aeonics lose almost all their value in the offhand, so in that situation take Blurred . As for Blurred vs Skinflayer that would be a closer competition, probably dependent on augments but I would lean towards skinflayer personally.
By Zyx1337 2018-04-30 23:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry let me clarify.

Asking the performance of Blurred +1 over other off hands.
Don’t have Twashtar but thinking of making it.

Side note : I was surprised / confused to see Aeonic winning DPS for main hand. But of course less flexibility than terp I guess
By phunky 2018-05-03 09:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

For PK, path A or path D for Lustratio Cap +1?

And how far behind is Adhemar bonnet +1 compared to it?

Having a bit of buyers remorse with voodoo cap and debating if I should make it.
By hobo 2018-05-03 10:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Path D for cap, though the spreadsheet seems to be lacking it. Comparing Path C to bonnet+1 path A, difference seems to be around 400. So its not the end of the world if you decide to resell the cap.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-05-03 11:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »
Hi Katriina,

Nice work! By perfect QA herc, do you mean DM augment QA+3 acc/att >30? Looks like I will go through with relic +3 body!

Cheers

Greetings Flowen;
Sorry for the late response but I was away from Forum for quite some time.
To answer you on DM, yes it was QA+3 with attack/acc 30 DEX 10

In regards to Capes I swapped the ones that you requested and added DEX/DA too:

STR/DA: 12070 /2.22
STR/WSD: 12114 /2.22
DEX/WSD: 13421 /2.18
DEX/DA: 13404 /2.18

Seems like DEX/WSD is on top yet you need to consider rolls, what you're fighting into account and procs, for example using Fighters Roll would add roughly 400 to DA capes alone.
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2018-05-08 04:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Hi Katriina,

Cheers

Greetings Flowen;
Sorry for the late response but I was away from Forum for quite some time.
To answer you on DM, yes it was QA+3 with attack/acc 30 DEX 10

In regards to Capes I swapped the ones that you requested and added DEX/DA too:

STR/DA: 12070 /2.22
STR/WSD: 12114 /2.22
DEX/WSD: 13421 /2.18
DEX/DA: 13404 /2.18

Seems like DEX/WSD is on top yet you need to consider rolls, what you're fighting into account and procs, for example using Fighters Roll would add roughly 400 to DA capes alone.

Hmmm I don't think that can be right.. Eyeballing, it looks you arent accuracy capped on your spreadsheet target? and therefore dex is contributing to a higher accuracy cap (not being unappreciative - thanks for the effort!)
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2018-05-08 08:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

on a easier question, i decided to reget into dancer, and have a hodgepodge of the all the af/relic/emp gear in various stages, what is worth 109 for just ja activation, and then to +2? looking like relic body and feet are must haves esp for someone without top tier gear
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2018-05-08 12:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mewwgoat said: »
on a easier question, i decided to reget into dancer, and have a hodgepodge of the all the af/relic/emp gear in various stages, what is worth 109 for just ja activation, and then to +2? looking like relic body and feet are must haves esp for someone without top tier gear

Emp head - absolute must for climactic flourish
Emp feet - nice for feather step
Emp hands - reverse flourish
AF feet - huge jig duration boost + nice waltz piece (dont need +2)
AF Head - huge samba duration boost (dont need to +2)
AF body - great waltz piece (will want +2/3)
Relic body - no foot rise aug is nice for a tp boost (no need to +2 for aug alone, but turns into great tp body)
Relic head - nice waltz and trance duration (no need to +2)
Relic feet - amazing tp feet when upgraded

AF hands and relic legs only worth it if going through to +3

Yeah... Sorry but DNC has a lot of useful job gear lol
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-08 13:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anybody confirm that Jig Duration bonus is STILL capped at 50%? (meaning you can basically cap it with just Relic+3 legs)
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-05-08 16:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Emp head - absolute must for climactic flourish
Emp feet - nice for feather step
Emp hands - reverse flourish
AF feet - huge jig duration boost + nice waltz piece (dont need +2)
AF Head - huge samba duration boost (dont need to +2)
AF body - great waltz piece (will want +2/3)
Relic body - no foot rise aug is nice for a tp boost (no need to +2 for aug alone, but turns into great tp body)
Relic head - nice waltz and trance duration (no need to +2)
Relic feet - amazing tp feet when upgraded

AF hands and relic legs only worth it if going through to +3

Good summary, and I'll add that AF hands do have a use at +2 as BiS (other than the +3) step accuracy gear, even if they aren't worth it as a WS piece unless you do the +3 for WSD+10%. Maxixi+2 hands provide effectively Acc+113 on steps: DEX+40 (*.75=Acc+30) + Acc+38 + Step Acc+30 + Acc+15 from set bonus (assuming you're using another AF piece).

Damn. I guess I need to get cracking myself on some of the JSEs, I had put DNC aside for some time but I have an Aeneas in progress so...
 Asura.Mewwgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2018-05-08 17:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

i love that dnc has a good amount of useful gear, but i wanted to make sure i wasn't going over cap on so many things like samba/jig durations and waltz potency/recieved and not relizling it and wasting slots on stat instead.
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2018-05-09 07:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Good summary, and I'll add that AF hands do have a use at +2 as BiS (other than the +3) step accuracy gear, even if they aren't worth it as a WS piece unless you do the +3 for WSD+10%. Maxixi+2 hands provide effectively Acc+113 on steps: DEX+40 (*.75=Acc+30) + Acc+38 + Step Acc+30 + Acc+15 from set bonus (assuming you're using another AF piece).

Damn. I guess I need to get cracking myself on some of the JSEs, I had put DNC aside for some time but I have an Aeneas in progress so...

Yeah defo worth noting. AF head is also in the same camp with its step acc + and in general the AF set is a great acc or step acc set

Can anybody confirm that Jig Duration bonus is STILL capped at 50%? (meaning you can basically cap it with just Relic+3 legs)

Yep still 50% - so relic legs only if upgraded

i love that dnc has a good amount of useful gear, but i wanted to make sure i wasn't going over cap on so many things like samba/jig durations and waltz potency/recieved and not relizling it and wasting slots on stat instead.

Yep its nice to have a lot of options to maximise our job ability tool box - Waltz caps at 50% and 30% received, Jig +50%, Samba (not sure of cap?) but AF head and ambu cape is what i use for samba duration. Other job abilities have less buff options and are pretty much covered in the list above (also be sure to get an augmented rieve JSE mantle for reverse flourish)

Hope that helps!
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-09 08:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
Tell me one balance reason why it makes sense for Jig duration to be capped at 50%, tell ome one please, just one.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-05-09 08:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

it looks you arent accuracy capped on your spreadsheet target?
Thanks Flowen!
Just checked, was missing a song in buffs...
Checked again STR/DA wins by 200 over DEX/WSD
Also switched to relic body in PK set and it won over 15 STR/TA3 Herc Body!

ItemSet 348199
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-05-09 10:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Tell me one balance reason why it makes sense for Jig duration to be capped at 50%, tell ome one please, just one.

Don't wanna have too long of a sneak/invis from Spectral Jig while hanging out afk in town!
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-09 13:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »

Don't wanna have too long of a sneak/invis from Spectral Jig while hanging out afk in town!
True!
 Asura.Mewwgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2018-05-12 10:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

does any work on a skillchain bonus build? for like when they are closers or something to get that extra umph (iirc, isn't each a percentage more?)
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-05-12 16:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

does any work on a skillchain bonus build? for like when they are closers or something to get that extra umph (iirc, isn't each a percentage more?)

Almost never worth it.

1) WSD directly contributes to SCD to begin with,

2) DNC already gets a lot of SCD from traits/JP,

3) Swapping in Maxixi Tights and Maculele Bangles requires sacrificing huge amounts of WSD from Maxixi Hands/Meghanada Hands, Horos Tights.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-17 17:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Katriina did you test AF+3 Hands vs Meghanada+2?
It's basically 3% WSD vs 2STR, 5DEX and ~9 attack (and some acc, but let's ignore that).
I own both. When Att is capped I'm leaning towards AF3, but when attack is uncapped... I dunno.
Either way they look incredibly close, I'd love some additional test on various WSs!

I'm a gimp DNC, I currently use Meghanada +2 on Pyrrhic Kleos, Rudra's Storm and Shark bite. (Use Mummu+2 on Evisceration)
Granted Rudra is the WS I shoot 99% of the times.
By Zyx1337 2018-05-21 16:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Katriina I saw earlier you enjoy using /THF how do you find that with the Relic +3 feet and needing to move back and fourth for SA/Closed position?

I've currently got a +90STP set (without SAM SJ) for Terp AM3 when facing the mob (Closed position relic+3) but don't know if the bouncing back and fourth for SA is worth it ? I suppose I could sub WAR or SAM but neither of them feel like big boost to DMG other than the 5min Sekk and Climatic Rudra darkness.

I guess what I'm asking is what do you prefer to sub when you're trying to bring the damage with Terp mainhand? (considering building Twashtar)
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-05-21 19:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

did you test AF+3 Hands vs Meghanada+2?

Greetings Sechs,
I just added Meg+2 to the sheet and got this for you (assuming BiS in other slots):

Capped:
With AF+3: 16170
With Meg+2:16005

Uncapped:
With AF+3: 12256
With Meg+2:12225
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-05-21 19:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Zyx1337 said: »
I guess what I'm asking is what do you prefer to sub when you're trying to bring the damage with Terp mainhand? (considering building Twashtar)
Greetings Z,
If you're using Terp in main then its much better to sub SAM or even WAR (leaning towards WAR) than THF since the idea of /THF came to be before relic upgrades for Twashtar and/or Aeneas main hand Rudra Spam, with that you can basically increase the amount of forced critical rudras if you spaced out SA/Clim timers during fight window with the intention to use (trance+grand pas) to finish things off.

I personally use a macro to switch only feet when I go to SA Rudra if that helps.
Subbing THF is perfect for Erinys and Worm for obvious reasons.

If in our group we plan on DNC setup we go with the intention to use forced critical rudras and we also maintain the sc cycle going for maximum damage possible.
We leave (trance+grand pas) till the last 10%
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 80 81 82