The Last Dance II: The Show Must Go On
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 80 81 82
 Asura.Cambion
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-12-27 17:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Got my 5th pair of Herc Gloves last night, and have been trying to get all of the augments ironed out, and into my GS correctly. For what it's worth, Sheets show WSDMG +5% beating Crit Dmg +5% for Climactic Rudra if you're making WS pieces.
Assuming all other Augs are equal between the 2 options, 1 piece = 100dmg, and the 2nd piece =62, for 162 total, or 19DPS.

My current goals/uses for the 5 are:
1: Waltz: Potency 10%+
2: TP: Str/Acc/Att/TA
3: Tank: -DT/-PDT
4: Rudra: Dex+ WSDmg 5%
5: Evis: Dex+Crit Rate 5%

On the topic of augments, with D.Ring/Vocane/Twilight/Flume Belt you'll have -27PDT. With Herc Hands/Legs/Feet having another 6% naturally, you get to 33%. From there, you only need 17% between those 4 pieces to cap -PDT without requiring a body piece, for some solo situations allowing you access to Maculele+1 for the 10% DW which can be significant. If you're in a capped haste situation, then you have options.
Also, with the above, you can swap Horos/Emet body for Idle set, and still have Capped PDT with movement speed feet for pulling or if you're like me and prefer to use Chocobo Jig over Spectral Jig when running through zones, lol.

*Side thought:
D.Ring, Vocane, & Twilight = 22% DT.
Meaning if you can get a 3% DT Aug on any single piece of your Herc gear, you can also cap MDT, assuming you have Shell V.
Although... IDK if Trust Shell V is enough to make that true. Anyone know offhand?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-12-28 08:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Capping MDT and even PDT isn't really an issue anymore. The last difficult thing to cap is BDT. Right now I'm riding -4% DT on hands/legs/feet with substantial amounts of Acc. Going full PDT gear is still a sacrifice, but it's a heck of a lot less than it once was.

I currently have Gloves #2 and #3 from your list. However, I think you might want to investigate Crit Damage+ for Evisceration instead of Crit Rate+. We already have a base crit rate that's fairly high. Then, considering that Crit Damage+ is probably going to be best for Evisceration and competitive for Rudra's, you might consider saving yourself some inventory space and not making a second WSD set.

Finally, you can evaluate whether Waltz potency +11% is really worth that much to you. I'll probably be going with 3 pairs of gloves in the end.
[+]
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-12-28 14:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I think you might want to investigate Crit Damage+ for Evisceration instead of Crit Rate+. We already have a base crit rate that's fairly high. Then, considering that Crit Damage+ is probably going to be best for Evisceration and competitive for Rudra's, you might consider saving yourself some inventory space and not making a second WSD set.

Finally, you can evaluate whether Waltz potency +11% is really worth that much to you. I'll probably be going with 3 pairs of gloves in the end.

In the spreadsheets I created 5 'Herculean' slots. 1 to test, 1 for TP, then the other 3 are Crit Dmg, Crit Rate, and WS Dmg, all with the same 10 Dex 0Acc/0Att on them, simply for comparison sake.

For me, using Evis: (Hands and Feet)
AdhemanB/RawhideD: 6171/1270dps
Crit Dmg: 6457/1290dps
Crit Rate: 6613/1312dps

As for Waltz Potency, it simply allows me/us to ditch the final piece of Taeon(hands), and Roundel Earring, for Inv+1. It also opens up the option of Passion Jacket if you want to go that route.

As mentioned WS Dmg comes out on top for CF+Rudra, which is what tipped the scales for me. Had Crit Dmg come out on top for either WS, I probably would have just used 1 pair for both, but since both favor a non-transferable augment to the other WS, I said screw it and just farmed another pair.

Did the same for Feet, minus the Waltz potency. Luckily I've only found the need for a single Head/Legs piece, so that's nice. I've yet to be able to obtain the Body piece. I need to get an active LS if I'm going to be sticking around.

I didn't realize -DT could go up to 4. With that in mind, it means we're looking at 20% from all 5. 22 from rings/neck, puts us at 42%. Mollusca would be 47%. The unity neck I can't think of(+1% over Twilight) would get to 48%, and then we're just 2% shy of capped on all Dmg. Although to be honest, I'm not even familiar with what breath mobs I'm running into.

Edit to Add:
Obviously you hope your TP piece has gobs of Acc on it, with 4% Triple Attack, but in the real world, I've actually split that up into 2 pairs of gloves (and feet, and head) where one is the maximum Acc/Att I can get without worrying about the 3rd/4th stat, making the grand total of 2 heads, 6 gloves, 5 feet, 2 legs. :/
[+]
 Sylph.Nazantia
Server: Sylph
user: Nazantia
By Sylph.Nazantia 2015-12-30 03:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Goblin gave me a Combatant's Torque. I was really excited to get this torque, but I'm having a hard time finding much use for it. I'm almost always using Twilight Torque.

2 more questions today. First, my Toetapper Mantle is WSD+3%. Which is better between that, Vespid Mantle, and Kayapa Cape? My Rudra set with no cape equipped is DEX 289 Attack 971.

Secondly, I use Motenten's DNC gearswap I got in this thread. I learn more and more each day how it works and how to add my own things or make it work better for me. I got auto-presto working finally; it was turned off all this time I've been using it. I noticed it's supposed to detect your FMs and only Presto if you'll get the full 3. I am up to 7FM cap now with Job Point Gifts, so I need to change this to compensate. I noticed the buff on my bar up top just says 5+ instead of 6 or 7. How do I change the LUA to only Presto if 4 or less? Here's the section:

function auto_presto(spell)
if spell.type == 'Step' then
local allRecasts = windower.ffxi.get_ability_recasts()
local prestoCooldown = allRecasts[236]
local under3FMs = not buffactive['Finishing Move 3'] and not buffactive['Finishing Move 4'] and not buffactive['Finishing Move 5']

if player.main_job_level >= 77 and prestoCooldown < 1 and under3FMs then
cast_delay(1.1)
send_command('@input /ja "Presto" <me>')

Thanks & appreciate your help
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-12-30 04:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nazantia said: »
Goblin gave me a Combatant's Torque. Would it replace Fotia Gorget for Rudra's Storm? I realize a high-DEX necklace is desirable here, but I just don't have one at this time so it's between these two.

Assuming Climactic Flourish, these are the numbers I get:

Caro: 11,923
Love: 11,879
Fotia: 11,868
Shifting+1: 11,862 (1 up, 800k on Sylph)
Tlamiztli: 11,840 (2 up, 10k on Sylph)
Shifting: 11,835
Moepapa: 11,835
Justiciars: 11,834
Maskirova: 11,816 *despite being the same skill rating as Combatant's, but without sTP? Perhaps a spreadsheet error? Total DPS actually DEcreases, despite the higher WS average...

How do I change the LUA to only Presto if 4 or less? Here's the section:
Code
-- If you attempt to use a step, this will automatically use Presto if you are under 5 Finishing moves and resend step.
    if spell.type == 'Step' then
        local allRecasts = windower.ffxi.get_ability_recasts()
        local prestoCooldown = allRecasts[236]
        local under5FMs = not buffactive['Finishing Move 5'] and not buffactive['Finishing Move (6+)']

if player.main_job_level >= 77 and prestoCooldown < 1 and under5FMs then
            cast_delay(1.1)
            send_command('input /ja "Presto" <me>')
        end
    end

Slightly tricky, because the in game 5+ icon, actually means 6 or more, so it reads odd, but this is the correct format.

First, my Toetapper Mantle is WSD+3%. Kayapa Cape beats that for Rudra's, right?

Still assuming Climactic:

WSDmg5%: 11,862
WSDmg3%: 11,672
Vespid: 11,601
Kayapa: 11,578
[+]
 Sylph.Nazantia
By Sylph.Nazantia 2015-12-30 04:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I ninja edited my post like 10 times while you were working that out for me. I really appreciate your help Cambion! You are awesome.

One more LUA question. I was testing my swaps a little after getting my Moonshade Earring yesterday and I noticed that when I try to manually equip my Rudra set by typing //gs equip sets.precast.WS["Rudra's Storm"] it tells me the set doesn't exist. If I try to type it as //gs equip sets.precast.WS['Rudra's Storm'] it of course looks for the WS named Rudra and doesn't find it so defaults to the base WS set. I fixed this by just making my base WS set Rudra's and altering my others accordingly - but this is kinda silly. What am I doing wrong?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-12-30 05:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to escape the apostrophe in Rudra\'s
 Cerberus.Midgitis
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2015-12-30 07:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I was having the same problem with thief gearswap. Even changing it to Rudra\'s did not work. Tried every combination possible, opened up warrior and Ukko's was doing the same thing.

Not sure what the fix is, but can verify they are not working, either typing //gs equip or using the weaponskill with //gs showswaps no matter the way the weaponskill is typed out be it ["Rudra's Storm"] or ['Rudra\'s Storm'] or any combination of the two such as ["Rudra\'s Storm"] or trying / instead of \

I'm fairly confident it worked before with both Ukko's and Rudra's and have not updated those gearswaps in a while and noticed now, without any change, it is not working.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-12-30 07:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

When you enter the command in console, you need to escape the apostrophe (\') and use double quotes. In the GearSwap file itself, you can either do:
Code
sets['Rudra\'s Storm']

or
Code
sets["Rudra's Storm"]

So valid console commands would be:
Code
//gs equip sets[\'Rudra\\'s Storm\']
//gs equip sets["Rudra\'s Storm"]

It shouldn't matter which you choose in either case, but those are the options (I think).
[+]
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-12-30 15:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I've also had the issue mentioned above, and even with your fix Byrth, I couldn't get it to work.

Nazantia, based on what you've posted I assume your GS is like mine:

sets.precast.WS["Rudra's Storm"] = set_combine(sets.precast.WS, {Gear would be in here, but I deleted it}

Taking Byrths recommendations, I tried to manipulate his command to fit my GS:

//gs equip sets.precast.WS["Rudra\'s Storm"]

and it wouldn't work. Says it does not exist.
Tried the alternate just in case

//gs equip sets.precast.WS[\'Rudra\\'s Storm\']
And it simply equips my 'default' WS set, no combines.

But... using //gs showswaps I can confirm the GS is actually equipping the correct gear, so /shrug.
[+]
 Sylph.Nazantia
By Sylph.Nazantia 2016-01-03 21:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys, I'm here for help again.

Can someone offer some advice for pdt/mdt gear? None posted in the main page. My 4 main jobs are DNC/BLU/RUN/THF and they all share the same gear in a lot of instances, so that's what I'm kind of looking for. Is there anything better than Iutil+1 for any particular slots that are not too much harder for a duo to obtain? Otherwise that's what I'm going to start working on. I'm just weary about spending millions that I don't necessarily have if there's a smarter solution.
By Titanfoo 2016-01-03 22:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Herculean gear with -PDT and acc/att is what I would aim for. Lots of gear now has some type of dmg reduction along with acc/att.
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2016-01-03 22:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys, I'm here for help again.

Can someone offer some advice for pdt/mdt gear? None posted in the main page. My 4 main jobs are DNC/BLU/RUN/THF and they all share the same gear in a lot of instances, so that's what I'm kind of looking for. Is there anything better than Iutil+1 for any particular slots that are not too much harder for a duo to obtain? Otherwise that's what I'm going to start working on. I'm just weary about spending millions that I don't necessarily have if there's a smarter solution.

First and second posts of this page.
 Ragnarok.Forsakengriever
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Forsakengriever 2016-01-07 15:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

How up to date are the gear sets listed on page 1? Just got back into the game and trying to regear. Surprised to see near full skirmish on the tp list :O
 Ragnarok.Forsakengriever
By Ragnarok.Forsakengriever 2016-01-07 16:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, does anyone have a good Waltz set? or PDT?
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2016-01-07 17:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

See Below
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2016-01-07 18:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Waltz:
ItemSet 336122
Herc Hands Augmented with at least 10% Potency.
Feel free to stack Chr/Vit as you please, but that gets you the 50% cap with minimal pieces, ring is 3% received, anwig is -2 waltz delay. Both optional. Alternatives: Horos Tiara, Passion Jacket, Sonia's Plectrum, Valseur's Ring.

TP: (Ignoring +1 Abjurations)
ItemSet 340990
Technically a max augmented Herc head will beat NQ Adhemar, but not by enough to justify the augment cost. Rancorous Mantle slightly beats Bleating, but again, not by enough to justify the Dmg taken. In order for Skinflayer to beat a good Sari, you're looking at a gil sink that's probably not worth it, but your luck in Sinister Reign will likely decide that.
Adhemar Path B. All Herc pieces are assumed 10Str, 30Acc/30Att, 4% Triple Attack. These are extremely rare, so I recommend downloading the DPS Spreadsheet and experimenting.

Evis: (Still Ignoring +1 Abj)
ItemSet 340991
Herc in this set is Auged with Crit RATE +5
Any Dex/Acc/Att is icing.
Adhemar Path B
Lustratio Path B
Moonshade TP Bonus
(10Dex/20Acc/20Att) Augments jump DPS by 60 when added on top of 5% Crit Rate on Hands/Feet.

PDT:
ItemSet 340992
Herculean Pieces have -6% PDT by default.
You can Augmented them with up to -4% DT or -5% PDT.
Assuming you go the -4% DT route x4 = 16%
Neck, Rings, Belt = -27% DT
That's 43% DT + 6PDT on the Herc naturally to put you at 49%.
Shadow Mantle and No body required, but Horos+1 and Emet+1 are alternative options, along with a multitude of Back options. Use Body+Tandava to cap PDT with movement speed.

Hope that helps.
*All sets based on Capped Accuracy, Max Haste, Apex Crab, Hume/Sam, Sublime Sushi+1, 2100JP, Saber Dance, Ionis.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-07 18:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

DNC doesn't really have anything (that I know of) that they'd want to wear in the body slot that might take priority over PDT, so I'd consider throwing in either Emet+1 or DT-4% Herc. Herc body puts you past PDT cap and gives you a respectable DT-43% (36% sans Vocane), which gives you some room to play around with additional pieces if you so desire. I see a few potential routes of interest for hard turtle sets from there:

-Switch Vocane Ring for warden's ring, add a genmei earring or augmented darkness earring to push you to cap if you're not using Emet +1, and throw an iron gobbet in for good measure. That puts you at PDT cap while also doing your damndest to ensure that the enemy's crit rate is floored to 1%. There's a few other -crit items; can work in fortified ring if you really want to but eluder's sachet is likely worth a pass (think I recall -DT and +DT being separate terms). If you want to cap PDT with movement+ then switch to Dark Ring and adjust earring(s) as needed. Worth noting that enemy crit rate obviously depends on what you're fighting, so the value of the additional effort can and will vary from nothing to minor significance. If it's not relevant, by all means stick with PDT-50% in whatever combination is convenient for you.

-If you have trusts or someone else with healing magic handy, curepot received is a valid option if you're planning to stay in PDT for a while (as opposed to swapping in/out for brief periods). gishdubar sash and Buremte gloves are the big winners here, and it's the set in which Vocane best earns its keep since it has both -DT and curepot received. Otherwise it's usually little better than a Gelatinous +1 or well-augmented Dark Ring.

-6/6/6 Dark Ring, lieutenant's sash, genmei earring, and (if necessary) etiolation earring gives you -50% PDT, -47% MDT, and -50% BDT. If you really want capped MDT (oddball situations involving no Shell and multiple forms of damage near-simultaneously), you could swap Shadow Mantle for any of the half-dozen -DT backs available and make further adjustments elsewhere as you see fit. Add the aforementioned Iron Gobbet for good measure. Also makes a great "I don't know what kind of damage I'm about to get hit by, but I need to mitigate it" set.
 Ragnarok.Forsakengriever
By Ragnarok.Forsakengriever 2016-01-08 12:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Cambion! =) Do you have a Rudra set as well you could share?
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2016-01-08 14:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Rudra: (Climactic)
ItemSet 341004
Moonshade: TP Bonus
Herc Hands/Feet: Crit DMG 5% (Dex/Acc/Att a plus)
Toetapper: 5% WS Dmg
Lustratio: B15 (Although technically A15 win by 15, but don't transfer to Evis)
Ramuh NQ -31, Rajas -77

If you're at over 2,750 TP, you'd use a Tati earring over Jupiter Pearl, in place of Moonshade.
Code:

PK:
ItemSet 341005
2 Tati+1 actually wins.
Tati+1 to Brutal is only -2.
Tati+1 to Tati is only -4.
All Herculean Gear is 10Str/30acc/30att/4TA but good luck.
Samnua Tights -38
Adhemar B15 Head -90dmg (Lustratio A15 is only -70)
Laic and Phalangite are interchangeable, and will depend on your total Str/Att of your set.
NQ Ifrit is -37 and Rajas is another -8dmg from NQ.
Lustratio D15 Feet are -93, Adhemar B15 are -131
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-01-08 15:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Your strong preference for Attack is driven by your choice of Buff/Debuff conditions. At the moment I have one high Acc WS set and one low Acc WS set but don't really switch on Attack because (thanks, Frailty) normally Accuracy is the limiting feature.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-01-08 15:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Similarly, it's probably also worth mentioning there are some significant changes to above TP set if you're not capping accuracy. For instance, Dampening Tam (max augs) over Adhemar B, Acc or skill necks over Asperity, etc.
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2016-01-08 16:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

@Byrth I just followed Skudo's parameters, as I wasn't sure how to handle different sets for different buffs, without getting in over my head.

@Capuchin You are correct. For those looking for Accuracy Pieces:
Honed Tathlum
Eschan Stone
Rawhide Vest (Herc Vest if able)
Ej Necklace
Toetapper Mantle
And 4 pieces of highly augmented Herc
Skinflayer with a nice Acc Aug could be useful here if you know ahead of time.

Dampening Tam will depend on your Augs on both the Tam and Herc Helm, plus what that Inv slot is worth to you.

Without Sacrificing my Ears/Epona, I currently Cap at 1232 Accuracy in my highest set, but no food, no buffs. Attempted Unity Behemoth last night, with Buffs, I was at 1428Acc (/checkparam), and only 87% Hit rate, lol. That's on top of whatever DEbuffs Geo's had on the mob. Faff seems about the same.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Forsakengriever
By Ragnarok.Forsakengriever 2016-01-08 16:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So does Fotia Gorget/Belt not help Dncs when it comes to Rudra Storm? :o
By Wordspoken 2016-01-08 17:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Forsakengriever said: »
Short anwser: yes.
Long anwser: There a better options, consult experts on which.
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2016-01-08 20:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Forsakengriever said: »

Went over necks few posts up, can do belts too if needed, but as wordspoken mentioned, there are better options for Rudra because of the DEX modifier.

Asura.Cambion said: »
Assuming Climactic Flourish, these are the numbers I get:

Caro: 11,923
Love: 11,879
Fotia: 11,868
Shifting+1: 11,862 (1 up, 800k on Sylph)
Tlamiztli: 11,840 (2 up, 10k on Sylph)
Shifting: 11,835
Moepapa: 11,835
Justiciars: 11,834
Maskirova: 11,816 *despite being the same skill rating as Combatant's, but without sTP? Perhaps a spreadsheet error? Total DPS actually DEcreases, despite the higher WS average...
 Sylph.Infamy
user: Virtue
By Sylph.Infamy 2016-01-15 18:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe not the most appropriate place to ask this, but I figure if the experts don't know nobody does. Is there a way to blink out the animation for DNC moves, especially for jigs?

I remember doing this ages ago on BLM to blink out casting animations, and on BST to get rid of the Charm animation. Don't play BLM anymore and haven't charmed anything in ages, so I don't know if this was patched out of the game or it simply doesn't work on DNC.

I've tried the tried and true equip dummy gear, use the /ja, equip other gear, but can't seem to get the timing right. I've also tried macroing in another /ja right after (Presto seems the best candidate because of short recast) but can't get that to work either. Should I just give up?
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-01-15 19:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Jigs are specifically coded to be unblinkable. Chocobo Jig would be way OP otherwise.
 Sylph.Infamy
user: Virtue
By Sylph.Infamy 2016-01-15 19:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Figured, but thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks!
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 80 81 82