Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Fast Cast for SMN
Fast Cast for SMN
 Asura.Rakshaka
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Rakshaka
By Asura.Rakshaka 2014-12-16 15:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

At least there's home points by each cloister, and a survival guide in toraimarai canal. You can do the entire quest from start to finish in about 20-30 mins.

It took a long time, but I managed to grab a pair of cuffs recently solo :). Btw, if anyone on Asura wants help on getting the cuffs, let me know; I'll clear the avatars on my own time and join up with ya for Carbuncle.
[+]
 Cerberus.Ganlere
Server: Cerberus
user: Ganlere
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2014-12-16 15:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Ragnarok.Garota said: »
Bismarck.Arieludia said: »
That *** prelate door is going to be the death of me lol
I ithink you might be thinking of the wrong pair of gloves. You only need to get through that prelate door to get yourself some Carbuncle Mitts.

The other pair of gloves in question are Carbuncle's Cuffs. Obtaining these involves the quest Waking the Beast. You travel to each cloister and the six celestial avatar, they are a higher level than the original avatar battles for this quest. Each avatar is accompanied by four elementals of their perspective element. After that, you'll proceed to go to Full Moon Fountain where you'll take on Carbuncle Prime, he'll be accompanied by the six celestial avatars in a staggered sequence, and finally five Carbuncle Primes who'll use each Searing Light. There is a treasure pool of other items when the battlefield is cleared and the quest can only be repeated once per conquest tally.

At iLevel 119, it this shouldn't be too much of a problem to solo or even duo. The battle was originally intended for an alliance of 18 level 75 players. Furthermore, travel to the cloisters has been facilitated through homepoint warps. But as mentioned earlier, drop rate suffers when soloing.
Lunareticc said: »
Carbuncle Cuff: 40 run and I never seen drop in this battlefiels... Nothing...
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Yeah the drops in that fight are based on the number of people participating, so it's rare to get anything at all when solo unfortunately.

I'm going to try it out. :)

Wife and I duoed a couple weeks back; I just wanted the title(s). I'd have to do again for the alternate title. Only one drop, the cuffs. [Guess that's why it took me 40 something orbs to get a hand abjuration.]
 Phoenix.Rumblepakk
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rumblepakk 2014-12-18 13:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is my set guys! Lehbrailg has FC augment. I equip this set then summon my avatar and switch to my nirvana/seraphicaller/freepet/melee set!!

As for the hands.. Im useing repartie right now. Id like to get the waking the beast cuffs but not sure how much of a difference it would make. If I happen to get a great FC augment with hagondes cuffs, id be pretty happy as well.

I use no merits towards summoning speed, and my set calls out an avatar within 2-3 seconds.

ItemSet 330588