Forum » FFXI » Adoulin » Adoulin gates NM
Adoulin gates NM
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-05 00:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Just an update:

Got done a brief Dreadpincer run. went 1/4 on club, earring never dropped. Information regarding NM was very limited, but I ended up digging up some JP website, and, after Google-Squiggling the results, I got this:

Quote:
Configuration without black-and-white black Gin.
Or physical and magic that replaced in technique that uses the enemy,
Also matching mysterious NM that usually attack or out 200-300 Sometimes two digits.
Once, and that's it Memo~tsu was part,
Leue is 2347 damage after lending de Rouge,
In Leue is 5218 damage after Anne break Kara Pace,
I wonder if there was also time of about 1700 I do not know whether after what.
Type to some extent through if because Lek Jesus cut also was out around 2000 non-attribute-breath system?
(Meteor is a so was 6600-12000, black gather and amazing damage ...!)

We went back and forth with the party trying to figure out the NM and learned a few things. It appears that this NM alternates between various damage-taking modes, and they are dependent upon Light & Dark skillchains. We noticed enhanced physical & magical damage when successive skillchains of the same element (just eyeballing) were performed (light greatly enhanced ws and sc dmg, dark was either magic damage, or the same type of reduction). I couldn't really gauge if the modes alternated, because the skillchains we performed almost always favored whatever ws the DDs threw out (Dimidiation, Rudra's, Fudo)

See photo shots below:

According to the JP website, and our own discovery, it appears that certain TP moves exacerbated the damage bonus as well. Impenetrable Carapace looked like it made the damage go up for a bit. Riptide Eruptea also looked like it enhanced his damage taken (he may have gained an attack boost from this).

RUN was lunging for 7k+, and atonement from pld for 4k+ with no issue when it was taking enhanced dmg. I am not sure if this NM mimics properties of Mata, but it appeared that the damage boost wore off after a few tp moves from the monster, after roughly 1 minute or so. But the TP moves used did not initially trigger his damage reduction (skillchain off the start made him take enhanced damage for a short time)

Overall, the fight is really easy with a pld or run (we had both), and looks like the best setup is something like sam x2 thf pld (or run) whm rdm (or geo for nuking and debuffing), which allows for easy skillchaining quickly. Bard is useless here, since Rending Deluge wipes buffs. Also, I am not sure if Rending Deluge is the reset trigger, or if it is timed (appeared that damage bonus wore shortly after this move, but unconfirmed). GEO is good for undispellable buffs (Indi-Haste frailty etc is great for DDs)

Sundering snip is the only real danger, which can hit anywhere from 300+ aoe or 1300+ aoe. It looks like he gains his own attack boost as well from something, but we were more interested in trying to take this thing down. I am not sure how that is triggered. Possibly triggered when he not debuffed.

Happy Hunting. Looks like a great Club for PLD, and especially next week when 1handers becomes 99% acc, not to mention the damage boost as well. Happy hunting. If you're on Lakshmi, i'll be lowmanning this for a club.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-08 21:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
All the new NMs are in the newly added sections you access from the crystal structures in 5 of the outdoor zones (provided you have beaten that zone's WKR at least once ever). These spots are marked with stars in the maps here:

Ceizak (G-11) --> Sih GatesMorimar (H-5) --> Moh GatesHennetial (H-11) --> Dho GatesMarjami (F-11) --> Woh GatesYorcia (I-10) --> Cirdas CavernsWithin each section is a simple, single map that contains T-IT enemies, and some good exp camps. The NMs are forced pops from rare/ex items that drop from regular mobs of the same species. Note that these NMs seem to rage after 20 minutes. All the NMs seem to have 2 gear drops, one more common than the other, as well as a lot of random materials like Abyssea NMs will drop.

Sih Gates - Furious Arundmite: Sliced Thread to ??? in the SW corner of the map.
Diremite NM. Successfully using Filamented Hold (conal slow) will cause him to use Hundred Fists immediately after. Can be prevented by stunning/resisting Filamented Hold. Has an unusual hate reset mechanic that seems to be connected to his WSs, but the exact nature of this not clear. Ochain PLD or RUN or GEO recommended to handle Hundred Fists or prevent the slow. Has a very infrequent enamnesia effect on regular hits. Drops Flax Sash and Respite Cloak.

Moh Gates - Stinkskin: Cracked Matamata Shell to ???
Matamata NM. Info from Tarquine and Llewelyn: Starts with a very high damage resistance and regen, which seem to wear when blue !! proc. His defenses naturally return over time until you proc !! again. So far !! proc seems to be based on damage type, more clarity on that as people report their findings. Drops Blackshell Hairpin and Atalanta.

Dho Gates - Dreadpincer: Wrecked Pincer to ???
Craklaw NM. Haven't fought this guy yet, will update when I do. Drops Hibern. Earring and Herkuleskeule.

Woh Gates - Cowll Hippogryph: Sullied Feather to ??? in the SW corner of the map.
This guy has insane evasion normally, but can be severely weakened in many aspects (defense, magic defense, accuracy, etc) by hitting him with ice-based debuffs and dealing ice damage. Also, he will WS anytime you do, with some sort of trend that makes him prefer a specific WS (ie: primarily Nihility Song), though there seems to be something that can be done to prevent his frequent WSing (ice SC damage?). Drops Sokushitsu Sune-Ate and Highwing Helm.

Cirdas Caverns - Vemosia: Slashed Vine to ???
Rafflesia NM. Info from Tarquine: Has enpoison (weak), but also a variety of nasty bad status on WS. These include: very strong bio; silence/amnesia (conal); short radius AoE charm. Bringing a GEO for magic evasion can make this much more manageable. Drops Wisent Kecks and Chanter's Shield.

Hey jeanpaul excellent information and i wanted to help you with more information on the Cracklaw crab.

My ls did it party set up was pld/dnc rng whm geo(not caped elemental) thf and Moogle trust

Tips i can give from doing it is Bring magic damage for his TP specials he uses you can do spike damage i was doing 4k+ atonments as PLD when he used them. Also note his dmg seems to increase as his hp lowers but at no point was a threat Hate was also never a issue. He does put loads of debuffs on you att armor down that type of stuff which can get tedious removing.

bring that TH !! we lucked out with rng bounty shot and thf stacking up went 1/1 on both drops for our first fight at it. hope this helps.
By Andromida 2014-12-11 17:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lyncath and I have been fighting Furious Arundmite and it popped and it hundred fisted instantly, every time HF wore it used it again and raped us, only just managed to kill it. We have killed maybe 20-30+ of these things and that is the first time it has done that.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2014-12-18 04:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

god bless random drop rates...0/26 on Amundmite now.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-12-18 07:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Went 1/19 on helm against the Hyppogryph...
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-18 07:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
god bless random drop rates...0/26 on Amundmite now.

Our drop rates were best on Iceday.

No, I'm not kidding. Four in a row. Then the day changed and nothing.

That said, a friend soloed this thing on Dancer. Not joking.
 Phoenix.Jmb
Server: Phoenix
user: jb5299
By Phoenix.Jmb 2014-12-27 18:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know how to proc Furious Arundmite?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-27 19:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jmb said: »
Anyone know how to proc Furious Arundmite?

After our 70th Spider 8/70ish btw... confident that there is not procs. Unless it's something HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE like /emotes
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2014-12-27 22:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Did hippo NM recently and went 4 in a row with some kind of drop. Did diremite and it was like pulling teeth.. These NMs seem streaky
 Phoenix.Jmb
Server: Phoenix
user: jb5299
By Phoenix.Jmb 2014-12-28 08:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it is awful. Did a bunch with no drops. Very awful drop rate I guess
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-21 20:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Vemosia

This is pretty weak information, does anyone actually know what causes these status effects? The name of the TP moves, I mean? Or are they auras?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-21 21:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Never mind, found what needed fighting the NM.

Blighted Bouquet = Bio/Mute

everything else are standard rafflesia moves.

Someone should add them to the actual NM page. :(
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-01-21 21:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Never mind, found what needed fighting the NM.

Blighted Bouquet = Bio/Mute

everything else are standard rafflesia moves.

Someone should add them to the actual NM page. :(

well I think for a wiki its possible for anyone to edit it. just a guess though.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [120 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-05-21 17:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

can any of these be soloed with trusts?
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-05-21 18:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of them can be trioed without trusts, but I think it might be difficult with just one real player - maybe if you were on something super survivable like blu.
[+]
 Fenrir.Magicstick
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Magicstick 2015-05-21 19:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I've soloed quite a few on thf/dnc with 3 trusts.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-21 20:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't fought the Matamata or Craklaw, so I can't say for sure about those. I solo'd the Rafflesia with trusts, though I did get charmed at one point (good thing Koru-Moru uses Dia III), so bear that in mind if you try soloing it. Hippogryph is easy enough to solo if you can exploit his weakness. Diremite would be tricky due to having very high evasion, using a strong Slow, and using Hundred Fists.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [73 days between previous and next post]
By cervelo84 2015-08-02 22:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I cannot beat the vine NM with trusts. THF with damn nice gear.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-02 22:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bearing in mind that these are level 128 enemies, you might want to use tank trusts. Amchuchu + Gessho is a very strong pairing, and if you wait til the update, you can bring a 5th trust along as well. For the Rafflesia in particular, since he can potentially Charm, using trust tanks (or pets) removes that threat entirely.

Also, when you start the fight, after engaging, try to pull the NM away from your trusts so AoEs won't needlessly hit the mages.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [166 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-01-16 02:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Amchuchu gets destroyed by Vemosia. Don't use her.
Valaneiral also does poorly, but can actually tank it fairly well early on for about 10 minutes with whm/brd/rdm trusts providing support.

I actually took this to 1% once on my extremely GIMP BST that has basically naked stats and just a 119 pet with barely over 1100 pet acc, but it required me to spam unleash > razor fang on Randy. Lost at the end from a link, but any job that can effectively deal with tis charm below 30% HP can destroy this thing.

Took it to 26% on BLU with Val tanking before it just charmed me. So either bring a geo friend, load up on charm resist gear, or run in and out for tp moves. But it definitely is soloable, if not by above avg players.

August can probably tank this with no issues. Don't have him, but I can see a RNG just decoy shooting from afar and killing this