Forum » FFXI » Servers » Odin » Swift Belt
Swift Belt
 Odin.Tunafests
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user:
By Odin.Tunafests 2009-08-14 09:14:57
| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to organize a swift belt run. Contact me here or in game if you're interested and I'll try to work out a time that works for everyone. Could also farm subligars as we go through it because we will most likely need to build hate. If you just want to help that would be cool too :)
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-14 09:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you really need a panty raid, you're generally better off getting your hate in mis coast. Two strong DD's can get max hate in a single night. One at the entrance to Riverne (3-4 fomors around the fire, 2 roaming) and the other at the far SW (4 fomor's up a tower by the sea). The SW one can also run North to the campfire/hut near the Tav zone and kill two more there. The faster you can kill the mobs the faster they'll repop. It's possible to kill them all 4 times each. If you have more than two people, you can whack another one outside sacrarium, and any extras can just help out the other people to kill them faster and have them repop asap.

As for the NM's themselves, 2 BST two-hours with the high level hecteyes up the back will slaughter 2-3 NM's within the half hour if you're organised. The taru is a bit ***, but the rest are easy prey to two bst's.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-14 09:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
As for the NM's themselves, 2 BST two-hours with the high level hecteyes up the back will slaughter 2-3 NM's within the half hour if you're organised.

Just throwing this out there, but I've done this a few times on Balor (Hume) and most times he will go after one of the pets more than the other. Need to make sure you got some pet food zeta to spam to keep them alive. I've had one of the pets die during the fight and had to bust out a CC to help.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-14 09:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

BST will be able to take it out every 2hrs

So not a great thing to bring if your doing a run for multiple people

x2 tank, x2 healer, x2 DDs

should work fine
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-14 09:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda figured that was a given, but yes, you will need pet food zeta. It's also a really good idea to use sic when your pet has no tp, as it will cast magic instead, including AM if you're lucky. With two bsts, if one pet is getting picked on more than the other, just make it heel until the other picks up some hate, that's one of the main reasons you use 2 bsts working together.

Thunderz said:

should work fine

Yes, but 2 good bsts can kill three NM's (provided they're not all the same race due to the 15 minute repop on the ???). If you're going with a full alliance, then just throw people at it and you'll be fine, but considering how hard it can be to get people for this, it makes the 2x bst option even more appealing if it's available.
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-08-14 09:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
I kinda figured that was a given, but yes, you will need pet food zeta. It's also a really good idea to use sic when your pet has no tp, as it will cast magic instead, including AM if you're lucky. With two bsts, if one pet is getting picked on more than the other, just make it heel until the other picks up some hate, that's one of the main reasons you use 2 bsts working together.

Thunderz said:

should work fine

Yes, but 2 good bsts can kill three NM's (provided they're not all the same race due to the 15 minute repop on the ???). If you're going with a full alliance, then just throw people at it and you'll be fine, but considering how hard it can be to get people for this, it makes the 2x bst option even more appealing if it's available.

Its simple, take about 10 people couple healers 2 nin a couple summoners then dd, fight the hime one you hsould loose one nin to ees then its solo tanked. works fine never lost to him that way. just keep killing fomor during breaks to rebuild fomor hate on the humes. killing a formor nm actually boost fomor hate quite alot i found out when i did my run.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-14 10:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Urial said:

Its simple, take about 10 people

You lost me.
Getting 10 people for swift belt is not simple.
 Odin.Tunafests
user:
By Odin.Tunafests 2009-08-14 10:06:45
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I don't know two BSTs or 10 people who need it.

This is why I post. =D
 Odin.Tunafests
user:
By Odin.Tunafests 2009-08-15 16:21:01
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be willing to pay two BST :D
 Seraph.Abarai
Server: Seraph
user: Abarai
By Seraph.Abarai 2009-08-15 16:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm, i actually got my swift belt with this setup:

RDM / NIN / THF / PLD

It took us about 5-10 mins, and iirc we fought mithra NM.
NIN did most of the tanking and PLD only took over if shadows werent up.
Was pretty simple to be honest.