All For One, And More For Me: A Guide To Red Mage

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » All for One, and More for Me: A Guide to Red Mage
All for One, and More for Me: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30
 Asura.Cicion
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-09-29 11:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odium can be nice offhand if looking into dagger offhands.
By Boshi 2016-09-29 11:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Rydal said: »
Anyone have good Mercy Stroke, Evisceration, and Exenterator sets they would like to share? Interested in fooling around with daggers. Also, is the best offhand we have Ternion Dagger+1?

Mandau269 makes our best mainhand for piercing weak targets.

Id rank the offhand options as blurred dagger+1 > demers +1 > ternion. (demers still swings piercing so it works fine offhand)

Mercy stroke gear should be pretty much the same as savage blade. Evis gear same as CDC.

I dont suggest this for caturae however since u can just use demers x2 or murg/demers and requiscat the shield
 Asura.Hitome
By Asura.Hitome 2016-10-04 03:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

How up to date is the Requiescat set listed in the OP? I'm interested in buffing my Req WS section of GS. If ATK and MND are what we are aiming for, the Jhaqri gear seems to fit the bill quite well.

Boshi said: »
I dont suggest this for caturae however since u can just use demers x2 or murg/demers and requiscat the shield

What makes double Demersal good for this besides piercing? TP gain maybe?
By Afania 2016-10-04 04:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hitome said: »
How up to date is the Requiescat set listed in the OP? I'm interested in buffing my Req WS section of GS since I've been fighting a bunch of Caturae with Tabiyaa Gambit lately. My requiescats don't always take off their shields, unfortunately.

What makes double Demersal good for this? TP gain I guess?

Umm I don't think you can gain tp with shields up.
 Bismarck.Arcos
Server: Bismarck
user: afranko22
By Bismarck.Arcos 2016-10-04 06:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
How up to date is the Requiescat set listed in the OP? I'm interested in buffing my Req WS section of GS since I've been fighting a bunch of Caturae with Tabiyaa Gambit lately. My requiescats don't always take off their shields, unfortunately.

I think he means a different damage type, piercing from the degen as opposed to slashing from regular swords.
By eliroo 2016-10-04 07:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Arcos said: »

I think he means a different damage type, piercing from the degen as opposed to slashing from regular swords.

It is more-so about getting TP between shields.

In Escha you can always buy a few different TP wings between pops though.
 Bismarck.Arcos
Server: Bismarck
user: afranko22
By Bismarck.Arcos 2016-10-04 10:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Bismarck.Arcos said: »

It is more-so about getting TP between shields.

In Escha you can always buy a few different TP wings between pops though.

Getting through the shields... RDM can use dagger or degen (piercing), sword (slashing), magic, blunt(club). That leaves H2H and ranged. I soloed quite a few of them, just used Prishe and Semih as well as Q to cover what I couldn't do damage on. Some pops took a little longer due to a bad weakness but usually the tank trusts held fine through the longer fight.
 Asura.Hitome
By Asura.Hitome 2016-10-04 11:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah those are the tactics I've usually used. Sucks if it gets stuck on ranged but Qultada usually can handle that.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-04 12:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The OP's very outdated, but both Carmine and Jhakri are good for Requiescat. You may wish to reference BLU Requiescat sets, as they don't really differ much.
 Ragnarok.Rydal
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-10-04 13:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 345289
Path B for Carmine+1. Cape is MND+20, Atk/Acc, DA+10. Can use Jhakri Coronal+1 if you're closing/self-SCing. Someone else suggested Telchine legs with MND/Atk/Acc/DA augs but Jhakri is a good augment-less option imo.

The OP is so badly outdated that you should largely ignore it. It seemed to stop at Delve since it doesn't include SR or Vagary pieces or almost anything Escha. I asked a lot of the same questions as you so dig through the last 10 or so pages for WS-sets and the like.
 Asura.Hitome
By Asura.Hitome 2016-10-04 22:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the set. I was contemplating things like Rufescent Ring versus an ATK heavy ring.

I've been reading this guide for a very long time! I used to speak with Omni about sets in-game but he hasn't been on for a while it seems. Your discussion about DW and Moonshade earring helped me out a lot, actually. I also enjoyed the back and forth regarding Malevolence+Energy Drain/CP party setups.

The OP is kind of interesting since it has things like Estoqueur's +2 but also one of the sets seems to have Carmine +1/Emissary in it as well. A shame we can't update the sets.
 Ragnarok.Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-10-05 08:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

A shame we can't update the sets.

I was considering making a new topic with updated sets but I don't think I have the knowledge (or patience) to do so. Maybe we can all collaborate.
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2016-10-05 09:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

A shame we can't update the sets.

I was considering making a new topic with updated sets but I don't think I have the knowledge (or patience) to do so. Maybe we can all collaborate.

You could always ask for a copy of the GEO node and go from there. It would be a good starting point probably.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-10-05 15:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I might ask for the BLU node. I like how that guide is put together. I'll need help for optimal/dream sets though.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-05 15:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll grant you access to it, let me know when you've finished grabbing whatever code you're looking for
 Ragnarok.Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-10-05 15:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the template is all. I copy it and rewrite all the necessary parts and put in the necessary sets. Thank you!

I probably won't have anything for a few days but please feel free to PM me if you guys want to help with the guide.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2016-10-05 20:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know where I can get an up to date DPS Spread Sheet for RDM?
By Boshi 2016-10-06 14:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I can do a gear guide if someone can format it. and make it look like it wasn't done by a six year old.

Small question: is it confirmed that colada can get phalanx 1~5 with dark matter also
 Ragnarok.Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-10-06 14:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I can do a gear guide if someone can format it. and make it look like it wasn't done by a six year old.

Small question: is it confirmed that colada can get phalanx 1~5 with dark matter also

I'm working on a guide now if you want to help with the equipsets and so on. It's in the same format as the BLU and RUN guides.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2016-10-06 15:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm working on a guide now if you want to help with the equipsets and so on. It's in the same format as the BLU and RUN guides.

My primary concern right now is which swords i want to use between REMA. have excal (not glowing), and with upcoming vw campaign was trying to figure out if i should do almace or start sequence.
 Ragnarok.Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-10-06 15:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Almace is our strongest sword option but Sequence is good too with the STP+10. I don't see why you couldn't do both since Sequence is basically free.
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-10-06 15:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »

My primary concern right now is which swords i want to use between REMA. have excal (not glowing), and with upcoming vw campaign was trying to figure out if i should do almace or start sequence.

I have Sequence started, but the more I run melee rdm the more I feel like I will be using almace over sequence for the dex bonus more so than anything. I am working on murg now, in the alex phase which I intend to main hand.

Side note, anyone have any idea on the m. acc needed for 7+ people on Reisenjima nm's? Felt like I was fighting to land blind on maju even with temps/sabo. Is the immunobreak an absolute need without stymie? Good news is, I found out rdm can tank that thing pretty well. Back tanked the hell out of it last night without even using shield.

Edit: was going to add my rdm intenfeeble set but got sidetracked
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-10-06 15:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thorva said: »
Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »

I have Sequence started, but the more I run melee rdm the more I feel like I will be using almace over sequence for the dex bonus more so than anything. I am working on murg now, in the alex phase which I intend to main hand.

Side note, anyone have any idea on the m. acc needed for 7+ people on Reisenjima nm's? Felt like I was fighting to land blind on maju even with temps/sabo. Is the immunobreak an absolute need without stymie? Good news is, I found out rdm can tank that thing pretty well. Back tanked the hell out of it last night without even using shield.

Edit: was going to add my rdm intenfeeble set but got sidetracked

Maybe, but then again our RDM's are part of a multi-step SC where the TP bonus from Sequence is useful. I guess it just depends on what you need more for your builds.
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-10-06 15:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

After Murg/sequence are both done I plan on working on almace and another aeonic, probably gun not that it pertains to this thread.

edit:

ItemSet 346790
Any reason I shouldn't be landing Blind on a pt of 7 for Maju?

Grio ~ Enfb.mag. skill +15, INT+6, M.Acc.+19, MaB+13, M.dmg +4
Mask ~ Acc+20, M.Acc+12, FC+4
Merlinic Jubbah ~ M.Acc+26, MaB+25, M.B. dmg.+8%
Chironic Gloves ~ M.Acc+26, Drain and Aspir potency +10, MaB+12
Chironic Hose ~ M.Acc+32, MaB+35, Resist Silence"+7, CHR+9
Medium's Sabots ~ MP+50,MND+10, Conserve MP+7, Cure potency +5%
Sucellos's Cape ~ INT+20, M.Acc+20, M.dmg+20, MaB+10
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-10-06 17:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bubbles, vorseals, happenstance
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-10-06 18:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Always blame the GEO.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-10-07 11:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more than halfway done with the new guide. I need to add spells, finish the weapon analysis and add the gearsets. If anyone wants to help, now is the time to tell me. Thanks in advance.
[+]
By Boshi 2016-10-07 12:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I can help
 Ragnarok.Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-10-07 12:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I can help