Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99 ... 110 111 112
 Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-06-07 13:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
	sets.idle = {ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
		head={ name="Valorous Mask", augments={'Pet: Accuracy+30 Pet: Rng. Acc.+30','Pet: "Regen"+5','Pet: STR+1','Pet: Attack+3 Pet: Rng.Atk.+3',}},
neck="Bathy Choker +1",
ear1="Anastasi Earring",ear2="Infused Earring",		body="Sacro breastplate",
hands={ name="Valorous Mitts", augments={'Pet: "Regen"+5','Pet: Attack+9 Pet: Rng.Atk.+9',}},
ring1="Paguroidea Ring",ring2="Karieyh Ring",
 back={ name="Brigantia's Mantle", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Pet: "Regen"+10','"Regen"+5',}},
waist="Isa Belt",
legs={ name="Valor. Hose", augments={'Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+24','Pet: "Regen"+5','Pet: VIT+8',}},
feet="Ptero. Greaves +3"}

sets.idle.PetRegen = set_combine(sets.idle,{	body="Vishap Mail +3",waist="Isa Belt",ear1="Anastasi Earring"})

sets.idle.TankL = set_combine(sets.idle, {  ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",     
    body="Hjarrandi Breast.",
    hands="Sulev. Gauntlets +2",
    legs="Sulev. Cuisses +2",
    feet="Emi. Gambieras +1",
  neck="Dgn. Collar +2",
    waist="Isa Belt",
    left_ear="Genmei Earring",
    right_ear="Etiolation Earring",
    ring1="Defending Ring",
    ring2="Karieyh Ring",
    back="Moonlight Cape",})
	sets.idle.Regain = set_combine(sets.idle, {body="Makora meikogai"})
By Ozaii 2020-06-29 13:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanted to share this post here hopefully se might see this and add drg on a gearset.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56989-Give-Drg-Access-to-some-Meva-DD-Gear?p=628749#post628749
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-06-29 13:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ozaii said: »
I wanted to share this post here hopefully se might see this and add drg on a gearset.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56989-Give-Drg-Access-to-some-Meva-DD-Gear?p=628749#post628749

I mean you already have...

I made a post a few months back on the official forums about meva dd gear being lacking on dragoon. Not sure who all saw it but would like to share it here as well.

Originally it was a post about drg having another issue in which they actually fixed. So i just changed it up a bit.

Your text to link here...

The jobs still strong just hard to compare with all these meva dd who ignore para/amnesia/charm due to their high meva on their tp sets.

I just would like to share the issue as I am sure it is not just a me thing to notice the lack of options we have gearwise for it. And wanted to see if we could raise awareness on it.
By Ozaii 2020-06-29 13:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah thats a different post. This is a new one! Same topic though because its still not been addressed at all! Which kinda sucks.
By Ozaii 2020-06-30 11:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What offhands do you guys use for drg when you need slashing for fights such as yakshi or when I am doing onychaphora and its easier to just have everyone do savage/reso. I have been using ternion dagger recently but i know demersal degen is another option.

And what sets do you guys typically use when running such builds. I focus more on ma vs tp overload but i heard that tp overload is nice for demersal dagen and even k club if you are going to offhand those.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-06-30 11:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Offhand DD, Vampirism, Mkris, KC all seem pretty decent.
Code
sets.engaged.DW ={
    ammo="Aurgelmir Orb +1",
    head="Hjarrandi Helm",
    body="Hjarrandi Breast.",
    hands={ name="Emi. Gauntlets +1", augments={'Accuracy+25','"Dual Wield"+6','Pet: Accuracy+25',}},
    legs={ name="Ptero. Brais +3", augments={'Enhances "Strafe" effect',}},
    feet={ name="Carmine Greaves +1", augments={'HP+80','MP+80','Phys. dmg. taken -4',}},
    neck={ name="Dgn. Collar +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
    waist="Ioskeha Belt +1",
    left_ear="Sherida Earring",
    right_ear="Suppanomimi",
    left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
    right_ring="Moonlight Ring",
    back={ name="Brigantia's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Store TP"+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
}
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-06-30 13:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda have to wonder for Naegling DRG... With capped gear haste, magic haste and wyvern haste, you'd be at like 78.75% haste even without dualwield. I'd think just being /NIN or even /DNC is overcapping DW and reducing your TP per hit.

DRG might be better off going /war and single wielding for the Fencer, DA, and berserk. Although you would lose any offhand stats, and DRG can't wear any good shields, that I can think of.

Sadly the DRG spreadsheet isn't setup for dualwield, or even for swords, so it's hard to say for sure. But it's an interesting thought.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2020-06-30 13:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Drg doesn't need any dual wield gear to cap attack speed, I'd probably sub war for fencer and just single wield before trying to dual wield on drg, especially given our offhand options.
By Ozaii 2020-06-30 16:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh fencer wouldnt be a bad idea. That thought never occured to me. That and wars other bonuses over sub nin. This is something worth trying. I shall try it next time I run something I would use neagling on.

ItemSet 374114

Goanna try this set for tping on onychaphera yakshi and kin at a later time.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-06-30 16:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What are people using for Savage blade?

ItemSet 374115

Just throw this together. Not sure about rings
[+]
By Ozaii 2020-06-30 17:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats what i have been using for savage. Works pretty well. Except I just stuck to niqmaddu and regal ring hut i imagine regal or niqmaddu and epamandios ring would be great.
[+]
By Ozaii 2020-06-30 22:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ran that gear set tonight on yakshi and kin using the same buffs any dd would use more than likely. Chaos/sams/bard songs honor and such. Geo. It felt alot better than i expected. Tp gain was epic. Felt similar if not a little faster than dw build.

But it was also even cooler because fencer bonus. Going at 1500ish instead of 1750 ish made it feel like i was wsing alot faster. Which rocked. Testing on onych tomorrow. Ty for the fencer recomendation btw that was a great idea.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-07-01 11:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
Drg doesn't need any dual wield gear to cap attack speed, I'd probably sub war for fencer and just single wield before trying to dual wield on drg, especially given our offhand options.

I meant to ask, but is this the case even with Haranji gear on/18-19% gear haste?

If Dual Wielding, Vampirism can have a total of 25 STR/+23 atk in the offhand.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-07-01 12:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

No, you only hit 72.75 haste. Absurd haste belt would fix it, I think
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-07-01 12:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Just use Tempus Fugit +1 instead of Ioskeha Belt +1 that should get you your haste back with some lose of DA that’s what I do on war.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2020-07-01 12:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »

I meant to ask, but is this the case even with Haranji gear on/18-19% gear haste?

If Dual Wielding, Vampirism can have a total of 25 STR/+23 atk in the offhand.

If going /war single wield definitely cap out your haste gear, Haranji low haste gear set up relies on hasso + wyvern JA haste. without hasso you are still marginally below attack speed cap with capped gear haste.

If you do like being under gear haste cap I guess there is some benefit to dw but I would contend you are better off with gear haste capped set up /war than with /nin or /dnc dw under gear haste capped set up unless you really need shadows or something.

If you go /nin and dual wield you need 20% haste gear (and 0 dw gear) to fully cap out attack speed.

If you go /dnc and dual wield you need 23% haste gear to fully cap out attack speed.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-07-01 14:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
Just use Tempus Fugit +1 instead of Ioskeha Belt +1 that should get you your haste back with some lose of DA that’s what I do on war.

Sounds good, I already picked up one of those to make Odin stuff work for me on war and drk.

As far as shields, is Legion Scutum the best we can use, seriously?
By Ozaii 2020-07-02 17:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Onych fight felt alot better it seems than the yakshi fight. I think its not as debuff spam happening on that fight. For the one handed savage build.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-07-02 17:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Onych fight felt alot better it seems than the yakshi fight. I think its not as debuff spam happening on that fight. For the one handed savage build.

Another alternative to this fight.

DRG uses Shining one and Spams Impulse Drive
NIN tanks and spams Blade Ten w/ Heishi
[+]
By Ozaii 2020-07-02 18:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

OH thats a great idea. I am just used to having the cors engage and help with damage so I default to the sword. I will try this the next time I do this fight.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-07-03 01:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

OH thats a great idea. I am just used to having the cors engage and help with damage so I default to the sword. I will try this the next time I do this fight.

Shining one will probably make it a bitter quicker. At the time I did it with this method I used a Trishula w/ Impulse. Still did okay with buffs/stacked WSDMG stuff.
 Asura.Pusheen
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2020-07-03 19:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

HyperKTM said: »
Can any1 post their idle sets please

ItemSet 371838
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-07-08 09:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Stuff we got that possibly has promise. More important stats are highlighted.
Quote:
Gae Derg +1
D361 Delay 540 Skill 242
Acc+59
CrR+5 STP+8

Demersal Degen +1
D110 Delay 218 Skill 228
Acc+45 Dex+10
OAT

Ternion Dagger +1
D117 Delay 175 Skill 228
ACC+67
TA+4 WSD+5

Odnowa Earring +1
STR+3 ACC+10
MDT-2 DT-3 Def+30
100 MP>HP

Warder's Charm +1
EleRes+20 OAM Enmity+8
SCD+15 MBD+10

Blistering Sallet +1
Acc+53 STR+41 DEX+41
CrR+10 DA+3 PDT-3

Stinger Helm +1
Acc+30 STR+43 DEX+26
PDL+5

Gae Derg might be an actual usable option while making RMEAs, possibly even while Augmenting them, if you can't get a hold of Kaja Lance or Shining One for some reason.

Blistering is likely Drakesbane BiS, possibly Shining One BiS too? Maybe a Rhongomiant AM3 TP build option?

Stinger, if attack capped, could possibly be a BiS contender for non-crit weapon skills.

Demersal got more accurate.

Ternion got more damage, more accurate, and a decent WSD augment thrown on.

Odnowa is just an absurdly good defensive earring.

Warder's is mostly up there because it's.. interesting. I don't expect it'll see much use for us.
[+]
 Asura.Oronyx
user: Oronyx
By Asura.Oronyx 2020-07-12 14:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone performed testing on the Blistering Sallet +1 on Impulse drive with The Shining One yet?

Just wondering if it even beats out a pretty well augmented Valorous Mask in both low and high buff situations.

I heard that it's balls to the walls BiS for Drakesbane in almost every situation though, which makes me very happy.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-07-12 17:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Oronyx said: »
Has anyone performed testing on the Blistering Sallet +1 on Impulse drive with The Shining One yet?

Just wondering if it even beats out a pretty well augmented Valorous Mask in both low and high buff situations.

I heard that it's balls to the walls BiS for Drakesbane in almost every situation though, which makes me very happy.
Well, doing some spreadsheet work on this question, and Jesus, it got involved fast.

Basically, which helm is best for impulse depends on whether atk is overcapped, and how much TP you're WS'ing with.

So, Blistering+1[R15] is very, very good. But never 'best'.

With uncapped atk, Pteroslaver armet+3 is still reigns supreme. Assuming all of its atk + is still contributing to pDIF. Yes, even vs WSD valorous. Even vs WSD+10 DM augs. Now, if you get 10STR, 10WSD AND some decent atk+ too then it could beat Pteroslaver. IF you're WS'ing at 2k+moonshade TP. <,<;

That said Blistering is not that far behind Ptero(200~300 dmg). and is also better than a +10str+10WSD V.head. And better than any Fern/Taupe augment you could reasonably get. (I didn't check like.. 15STR/4WSD/50ATK for example. Cause that's never happening.)

With ATK overcapped, and I say over capped, cause yo have to have enough atk to stay capped after adding PDL, Stinger Helm+1[R15] is on top. Huge Caveat. Stinger helm+1 needs to be first place unity rank for this. (If you WS at 2KTP+moonshade, then a +10STR+10% WSD V.head is a bit better. But no one has one of those, so we'll set that aside. if you do have one, hush. I don't want to hear it. -_-; )

But, right behind these two, is Blistering Sallet, no more than 40 dmg behind stinger helm at 1kTP and 350~ or so at 2kTP+moonshade. Btw, when stinger is at the minimum unity rank stat+, it is behind Blistering at both TP values.

I think it's simpler to just use Blistering at ATK capped, As it's very close, and no unity rank shenanigans. Using it at uncapped atk would hurt a bit more, but is still a very high end option.

Some of the numbers I was taking down for comparison are below.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-07-22 14:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

@Martel What set you using now for impulse and drakes?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-07-22 14:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 176000
ItemSet 374278
Will swap head to Blistering on Impulse if atk capped. Don't have stinger+1 yet.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-07-22 15:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

For Impulse you can also use valor feet at the cost of a few weaponskill damage. In order to gain Crit DMG and some Store TP.

STR+10 Acc/Atk+20~ish and Weaponskill Damage+5
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-07-22 15:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you're getting rogues roll for some reason, I'm not sure I'd want to spend the effort/time/gil rolling for near perfect valorous augments when a better, freeish piece exists.

Crit rate/damage augments for drakesbane is probably a better use of resources.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-07-22 15:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at it, v. feet with those augments would actually be better than sulevia's, barring acc issues. But I'm not going to subject myself to oseem torment over that.

My drakes feet were bad enough, and they still aren't even close to perfect.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99 ... 110 111 112