Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 58 59 60 ... 110 111 112
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-07-05 19:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Stiltz said: »
The Empyrean set never affected "attack", it simply had a chance for swings to deal double damage at 100% Wyvern HP.
No ***, that's why I brought it up.
[+]
 Bismarck.Darcain
Server: Bismarck
user: darcaine
By Bismarck.Darcain 2018-07-11 00:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ophannus said: »
The +1 wyvern level might be pretty good if you only need it on once when you use Call Wyvern. If it needs to remain on to be in effect, then it's going to suck. I'd imagine it would at least be +70 to all Wyvern stats across the board or something. Likely it will also be BiS for breath damage and healing breath as well, considering breath potency has a cap that's easily reached these days.

Edited: I was able to get my hands on the nq Dragoon’s Collar to do some testing. Testing was done with an ilvl 119 wyvern and mastered Dragoon. I tested before and after Spirit Link, with other wyvern enhancing gear, and in Escha zones. I found that it gives the wyvern +37 Acc, +49 defense, and 26 eva in all situations it was tested in. However, attack seemed to change based on a % increase. Attack ranged from +29-40 depending on testing conditions, spirit link, other gear, buffs, etc. Hp is +9 before wyvern paramater increase from 5/5 Spirit Link and +12 after.
As someone else mentioned it is likely due to Smite job trait, and Escha vorseals being % based.

The conditions do not last if you remove the neck, so it does not work for Call Wyvern.

There was no increase in Smiting Breath damage. However, it may affect macc. But Adad Amulet already gives +20 macc. It was not tested for a Healing Breath set because there’s already a neck with +50 hp.

If anyone has something to add please do. If someone would like to add any of this to BGwiki that would be helpful.
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-07-11 03:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that's 5-6 more HP than I expected.
 Bismarck.Darcain
By Bismarck.Darcain 2018-07-11 09:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Same, based on the progression from 115-119.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-11 09:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The conditions do not last if you remove the neck, so it does not work for Call Wyvern.

This means this neck is useless basically?
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-07-11 14:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Darcain said: »
Valefor.Ophannus said: »
The +1 wyvern level might be pretty good if you only need it on once when you use Call Wyvern. If it needs to remain on to be in effect, then it's going to suck. I'd imagine it would at least be +70 to all Wyvern stats across the board or something. Likely it will also be BiS for breath damage and healing breath as well, considering breath potency has a cap that's easily reached these days.

I was able to get my hands on the nq Dragoon’s Collar to do some testing. Testing was done with an ilvl 119 wyvern and mastered Dragoon. I tested before and after Spirit Link, with other wyvern enhancing gear, and in Escha zones. I found that it gives the wyvern +37 Acc, 12 hp, and 26 eva in all situations it was tested in. However, attack and defense seem to change based on a % increase or something different. Attack ranged from +29-40 depending on testing conditions, spirit link, other gear, buffs, etc. and defense was +49-54.

There was no increase in Smiting Breath damage. However, it may affect macc. But Adad Amulet already gives +20 macc. It was not tested for a Healing Breath set because there’s already a neck with +50 hp.

If anyone has something to add please do. If someone would like to add any of this to BGwiki that would be helpful.

Were there any changes to master att/def/haste when you had it on?
 Bismarck.Darcain
By Bismarck.Darcain 2018-07-11 14:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »

Were there any changes to master att/def/haste when you had it on?

That's odd. I'm getting +20 attack even though the nq has att +15. I am only getting 15 acc tho. Defense is the same. I haven't tested haste.

Edit: Even in town with no pet out or Spirit Link boost I get +17 att. So it doesn't seem to be a fixed value.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-11 15:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Were you taking Smite and Escha vorseals into account?
 Bismarck.Darcain
By Bismarck.Darcain 2018-07-11 16:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't realize they were % based so that must by why I'm getting higher numbers than expected
By Ruaumoko 2018-07-13 20:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I was hoping that the Dragoon Collar would affect the Attack/Defense/Double Attack and Haste bonus the Dragoon gets from the Wyvern but, unless the collar is bugged it's clearly not doing that.

Test done using Attack and Defense values as a measure.

No Wyvern and no Dragoon Collar
Attack: 1390
Defense: 1253

No Wyvern and Dragoon Collar
Attack: 1385
Defense: 1243

Wyvern Lv.5 and Dragoon Collar
Attack: 1679
Defense: 1538

Wyvern Lv.5 and no Dragoon Collar
Attack: 1685
Defense: 1550

Conclusion: either the Dragoon Collar is bugged and that's why its not affecting the Dragoon or it's just trash.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-13 21:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's working as intended; SE stated around the time of the update that the collar just gives a small number of fixed stats to the wyvern, similar to the Avatar level +2 stat on Nirvana.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-07-14 08:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
It's working as intended; SE stated around the time of the update that the collar just gives a small number of fixed stats to the wyvern, similar to the Avatar level +2 stat on Nirvana.

so then it's just trash
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-07-14 08:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
I was hoping that the Dragoon Collar would affect the Attack/Defense/Double Attack and Haste bonus the Dragoon gets from the Wyvern but, unless the collar is bugged it's clearly not doing that.

Test done using Attack and Defense values as a measure.

No Wyvern and no Dragoon Collar
Attack: 1390
Defense: 1253

No Wyvern and Dragoon Collar
Attack: 1385
Defense: 1243

Wyvern Lv.5 and Dragoon Collar
Attack: 1679
Defense: 1538

Wyvern Lv.5 and no Dragoon Collar
Attack: 1685
Defense: 1550

Conclusion: either the Dragoon Collar is bugged and that's why its not affecting the Dragoon or it's just trash.

what was your baseline collar?
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-07-14 09:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that is pretty useless. "Hey, let's make the Wyvern that does 30 dps do 32 dps." Was really hoping it would make Spirit Link'd level go to +6.

Edit: any chance you need to Spirit Link twice? Since one only gets +5, maybe it requires another to get the other level? Long-shot, but worth a try.
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2018-07-16 10:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you be under the impression that the Dragoon Collar would affect the player, when it clearly says Wyvern Level +1. This is analogous to Divinator or Seraphicaller. Check your pet parameters. It probably gives a decent boost to their stats. Sucks it doesn't last after changing like Wyrm armor does for subjob traits. Really makes it a worthless piece.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-07-16 18:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The hope was that instead of just being +1 level, the actual level it was referring to was the Wyvern Level gained from Spirit Link/Empathy which then impacts the Dragoon's stats.

It doesn't appear be the the case, but that was the thought process.
[+]
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2018-07-19 12:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Going over the last 10 or so pages for bits to throw into the DRG spreadsheet by request of a certain Taru, saw this:

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
They really screwed this one [Fly High] over compared to the test server version though. It used to be a full minute of 0 recast jumps. 10 second recasts under a 30 second duration is not nearly as impressive. You could literally murder flying NMs on the test server by jump spamming them to death. And the new relic body would have made this even more interesting... But nope. SE went, "DRG too strong, must nerf!" -.-;

Back when people were first discovering Astral Conduit zergs (is that still a thing?), I played around with the spreadsheet to see how good a 0 delay Fly High would be with then-current gear. Was something around 25k DPS? I forget. Would've been a lot of fun, reminiscent of when Quick Draw had no delay for a couple days back in like 2008.
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-07-22 21:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Braden said: »
Back when people were first discovering Astral Conduit zergs (is that still a thing?).
They are. :|
By Faelar 2018-07-27 16:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the sets in the OP up to date?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-07-27 16:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Not even close to up to date. In fact I think most of the gear in those sets is totally obsolete.

The sets in the Here be DRGs Guide on BGwiki though, are quite current.
[+]
By Faelar 2018-07-27 17:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Not even close to up to date. In fact I think most of the gear in those sets is totally obsolete.

The sets in the Here be DRGs Guide on BGwiki though, are quite current.

Awesome, thank you. :)
 Bismarck.Darcain
By Bismarck.Darcain 2018-08-01 17:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Braden said: »
Going over the last 10 or so pages for bits to throw into the DRG spreadsheet by request of a certain Taru

Welcome back. I would appreciate an updated spreadsheet as well pls^
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-09-01 11:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just catching up on some threads and looking at possible rema upgrades. Is it possible that Trish can get Stardiver+20%? Not too many of the Aeonic weaponskills are spammable, that would be a legit DRG buff.
By Boshi 2018-09-01 12:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I would assume from what we saw of DRK that aeonics are getting the lowest boost to their WS.

relic +20%
mythic +15%
empy +10%
aeonic +10%
 Bismarck.Darcain
By Bismarck.Darcain 2018-09-10 18:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragoon's Collar +2 augments are [1] Str+15 Vit+15, [2] Physical Damage Limit +10%, [3] Wyvern: Damage Taken -25%
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-09-10 18:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming it's an increase from 3.75 > 4.125 max pdif, works on weaponskills, and combined with the 15 STR, it's a pretty big weaponskill buff versus the Fotia Gorget in situations where you gain the advantage of the extra pdif.

Just sucks we lose a stat to the Wyvern, on both the main collar and augments.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-10 20:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

initial numbers on polearms after augments for three minute long fights, using the sets on BG's guide only with flamma hands in place of acro:

Ryu (Spamming Drakesbane): ~4750 DPS
Trish (Spamming Stardiver): ~4900
Rhong (Cam for AM3, spam Stardiver): ~5025

ryu got a lot closer and trish and rho are in about the same spot on the hierarchy between each other where even a random sc off your stardiver will put trish above rho in a zerg. new ryu is above the other two's old deeps. i didn't bother with gungnir yet since i still need to re-include jumps with decent information on gear now.
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-09-10 20:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I am really curious about Gungnir. It got the biggest base damage increase. The + Jump damage is at least a direct increase in some damage and may help Fly High. And given all the new +pdif bonuses on the necks, it may be useful to have another source of def down in groups as well as the AM bonus maybe coming into play more often for a DRG with the neck.

And Austar - you're awesome.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-10 20:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

do we know for sure it's a pdif boost, though? i haven't seen any proper testing for it.

and when/if i add jumps, i should really just re-write the whole thing to add things my newer ones have
First Page 2 3 ... 58 59 60 ... 110 111 112