Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 110 111 112
By Highwynd 2014-09-11 22:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Potential for badass capes for DRG! Maybe up to 5% WSD and +5 to Wyvern Breaths?(assuming it's +5%, in addition to the bonus from the +100 HP?)
 Odin.Skeero
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Skeero 2014-09-11 22:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Was just talking to ls about this, naturally no one cared about my excitement for drg potential. So, i come here to circle jerk with other drgs.
 Carbuncle.Legato
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-11 22:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

That's pretty beautiful lol
Awww random augments lol just shoot me

Going back to what you mentioned Martel

If your wyvern breaths were landing in Woh Gates (would you say 30% / 50% / 70% of the time?)

The accuracy/strafe increase was pretty substantial
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-11 22:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Skeero said: »
Was just talking to ls about this, naturally no one cared about my excitement for drg potential. So, i come here to circle jerk with other drgs.

Lol
I just hope for DRG future they do something about other weapons, I don't think it's fair that what non-Ryunohige DRG's have to deal with.

I believe other DRG's have mentioned this but a simple fix would be changing Gungnir's aftermath to something that makes sense and not shock spikes lol.

Asking for more after this recent buff would be greedy though I guess.
 Odin.Skeero
By Odin.Skeero 2014-09-11 22:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Enthunder with 50dmg swings would be nice. Not game breaking, but nice.
By Highwynd 2014-09-11 22:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be honest, Woh Gates mobs are a little absurd. They have higher evasion than Delve II it seems. I wouldn't be surprised that Wyverns would be gimp on them. Strafe is M.acc+100 they said, Dragoon's Earring, knowing stats from the lv75 era, is probably like +3-5 m.acc. Incursion it was landing fine, but those are 117-122. They just gave us a huge boost to Wyvern m.acc, I doubt they'll do it again so soon, but it looks like Wyverns still have trouble against tougher foes just simply because as you raise in level, mob's m.evasion becomes exponentially greater. A level 125 mob is 6 levels above, which would technically be IT++ and I think they balanced Wyverns to be pretty potent for content that's maybe 3-4 levels above a player but after that, performance drops off. Like Wyverns are fine in D, but for VD stuff, don't expect it to land, as everything sucks to land in VD even with pro gear and buffs.
[+]
By Highwynd 2014-09-11 23:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yo Skeero, while you're on here, where did you put the line for switching to breath gear post-Weapon Skilling? Martel said it works fine and the breath lands before your next swing pretty much always. I think you said you had it before but deactivated it, was wondering if you could help a brother out.

Also for godsakes the new velkk helm thing from Incursion is like +25 att/acc and +20 STR but has WS dmg depending on day+30. Assuming Mekira-oto has the equivalent of WS damage dependong on day+10(0.1fTP), this helm would add 0.3fTP on earth/dark/light day to all hits of Stardiver. For DRGs that don't know what that entails... Mekira-Oto on the correct day, adds about 300 damage to my Stardiver. But that new helm? It adds ~1000 damage to Stardiver over Otomi Helm, and ~700ish damage over Mekira Oto. Outrageous. Must get.
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-11 23:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they will add some wyvern effects on the upcoming 119 Empy Reforged gear.
Maybe
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-09-11 23:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Highwynd said: »
Decimals DEFINITELY work.

Try it.

I originally wrote the macro for <wait1> and it felt like an eternity. Shortened it down to 0.6 and it's just the right amount.

This was for the Restoring Breath macro. I didnt try enough with the elemental breath/WS macro yet to confirm.
So, I tried it.

Test procedure is as follows

-load time stamp.
-make a macro, as such

/echo macro wait test 0.9<wait0.9>
/echo macro wait test end

-Make a script as such.

input /echo script wait test 0.9
pause 0.9
input /echo script wait test end

We will use the script as our control. repeatedly exec the script, and observe the time stamp values.

With a 0.9 second wait, the seconds value should differ between the start and end message of the test the majority of the time.

For it to be the same, I'd have to activate it in the first tenth of the second.

Sample from my FFXI logs:
Code
[22:53:11]script wait test 0.9
[22:53:12]script wait test end
[22:53:13]script wait test 0.9
[22:53:14]script wait test end
[22:53:14]script wait test 0.9
[22:53:15]script wait test end
[22:53:16]script wait test 0.9
[22:53:17]script wait test end
[22:53:19]script wait test 0.9
[22:53:20]script wait test end
[22:53:21]script wait test 0.9
[22:53:22]script wait test end
As expected, the start and end points differ by 1 second.

Now, we use the macro based test.
Code
[22:54:19]macro wait test 0.9
[22:54:19]macro wait test end
[22:54:29]macro wait test 0.9
[22:54:29]macro wait test end
[22:54:30]macro wait test 0.9
[22:54:30]macro wait test end
[22:54:31]macro wait test 0.9
[22:54:31]macro wait test end
[22:54:32]macro wait test 0.9
[22:54:32]macro wait test end
[22:54:33]macro wait test 0.9
[22:54:33]macro wait test end
[22:54:34]macro wait test 0.9
[22:54:34]macro wait test end
[22:54:35]macro wait test 0.9
[22:54:35]macro wait test end
[22:54:36]macro wait test 0.9
[22:54:36]macro wait test end
[22:54:37]macro wait test 0.9
[22:54:37]macro wait test end
[22:54:38]macro wait test 0.9
[22:54:38]macro wait test end

Every start and endpoint were within the same second. This should be nearly impossible assuming the 0.9 second delay is actually occurring. To do this, I'd have needed to hit the first tenth of a second with each macro press. 11 times in a row.

It appears that, contrary to my vague recollection, a 0.x wait is actually truncated to 0 rather than set to 1 as a default. While I haven't tested it, it seems like that a 1.x would likewise be truncated to 1, etc.

So, no. Decimals don't work in FFXI's in-game wait function.
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-11 23:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

New possibilities and happiness
Quickly turned to Disappointment.

Well it should work hopefully with simply wait 1 for the scripts/vanilla users.
By Highwynd 2014-09-11 23:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I did"

/equipset 1 <wait0.3>
/ja "Smiting Breath" <t>

When I hit that, I blink for a split second then use the JA

Then I did

/equipset 1 <wait1>
/ja "Smiting Breath" <t>

When I do the latter, I will blink into gear, chill there a lot longer, then activate the JA.

Could be my eyes playing tricks but it truly seems like a significant difference to me. The former seemed very close to spellcast's precastdelay=0.3 that I used for years, but the <wait1> was like an eternity.

Can you try a more drastic test with a <wait 0.3> vs a <wait 1>?
 Odin.Skeero
By Odin.Skeero 2014-09-11 23:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yo Skeero, while you're on here, where did you put the line for switching to breath gear post-Weapon Skilling? Martel said it works fine and the breath lands before your next swing pretty much always. I think you said you had it before but deactivated it, was wondering if you could help a brother out.

function aftercast(spell,action)
if not string.find(spell.english,'Healing Breath')

Change healing breath to just Breath and

function pet_midcast(spell,action)
if string.find(spell.english,'Healing Breath') then
equip(sets.Pet["Restoring Breath"])
end

Can change to just breath as well, same down side as we talked about. If a status change happends within that 1 sec window it will swap you back into tp gear before breath goes off.
By Highwynd 2014-09-11 23:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So I got the breath gear to equip after a WS by only changing the second part of the script you posted:
Code
end

^Changed Healing Breath to simply Breath.

but what were you saying about the first part of the code you posted? This:
Code

I thought that was the problem code that didnt work that I had changed to:
Code
    if not spell.type:startswith('PetCommand') then

So I need to touch the top portion?
By Highwynd 2014-09-11 23:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Also if they changed Breath damage to be based on max HP instead of current, Wyverns would be doing like 600dmg breaths post WS even when near death. That would be a welcomed change.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-09-11 23:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I did"

/equipset 1 <wait0.3>
/ja "Smiting Breath" <t>

When I hit that, I blink for a split second then use the JA

Then I did

/equipset 1 <wait1>
/ja "Smiting Breath" <t>

When I do the latter, I will blink into gear, chill there a lot longer, then activate the JA.

Could be my eyes playing tricks but it truly seems like a significant difference to me. The former seemed very close to spellcast's precastdelay=0.3 that I used for years, but the <wait1> was like an eternity.

Can you try a more drastic test with a <wait 0.3> vs a <wait 1>?
That's because 0.3 is a closer to 0 than 1. So naturally, 0 will feel closer to ye olde spellcast's 0.3 precast delay, than it would to a full 1 second wait. <,<;;

What's the point of doing a test with 0.3 vs 1, exactly? It changes precisely nothing. The whole point was to use identical wait values for different wait sources then observe a differing result. Which there wouldn't have been, if they both worked.

A 0.9 was the most effective test, because it had the greatest chances of ticking over the second digit. And hundredths of a second aren't visible on time stamp.

When a macro based 0.9 never ticked the second over, it should become very very clear that the wait isn't occurring.

Using a smaller wait just muddies the waters, as there's a greater chance that it can stay within the same second for both start and finish... if the wait was actually occurring.
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-11 23:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Also if they changed Breath damage to be based on max HP instead of current, Wyverns would be doing like 600dmg breaths post WS even when near death. That would be a welcomed change.

Are you saying they did do that, or they should do that?
By Highwynd 2014-09-11 23:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So the 0.3 was rounding down to 0wait? Ah that makes sense, I thought it was implied it always rounds up to the nearest whole number.
 Odin.Skeero
By Odin.Skeero 2014-09-11 23:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So I got the breath gear to equip after a WS by only changing the second part of the script you posted:
Code
end

Code

Code

Nah I knew it was one or the other just wasn't sure which one. Hoping with that be line of code you put in, it will work right
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-11 23:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Olseni Belt:
Accuracy +20
Attack -5
+3 STP

I'm sure would will be a great addition to sets, just gonna wait for SS's to be updated.

Updraft With STR 5 and WSDMG 5% would be marvelous. We will see though.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-09-12 00:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, except breaths rarely get the full effect of wyvern HP gear anymore, as they fire too fast.

Code
end

Code

Code

Staaaahp. <,<;

Firstly, as you seem to know, Elemental breath use current WHP. So they don't benefit from WHP gear like HB. So there's no reason to swap any of it in. Thus HB and Ele breaths should use different sets. This is less of an issue than it used to be, due to the faster charge time, but still, why swap into what is often lower ilvl gear, when you don't need to?

You can separate them via ability name, or via targeting. But if you do it as vaguely as "breaths" you'll even have it swapping on remove breath.
Code
	if spell.english:startswith('Healing') then
		your HB equip cmd here
	elseif spell.target.type == 'MONSTER' then
		your ele breath equip cmd here.
	end
end

This code allows swaps on healing breath and elemental breaths(all 6 of them) while excluding remove breath.

note, my lua uses a different equip method, so inserted as is, it wouldn't work with that lua. So I removed the equip cmds. Insert your own.

Now about this.
Code
I assume this is intended to restrict the player's aftercast on breath related actions to keep it from interfering? Well, you do need somethiing that does that, however..

This code is redundant. It will ALWAYS be true. Because YOU the player can't use the ability Healing Breath. You use restoring breath. Or a spell or WS. Your Wyvern uses healing breath. So when located under function aftercast, and that is the players aftercast, this will do exactly nothing.

Now. If as you said, you change it to just breath, then that snippet will activate... but only on smiting and restoring Breath. It would not trigger post WS or after HB triggering spells.
Code
Also, I don't really see any reason for that starts with. why not just spell.type == "PetCommand"?

Anyway, the quoted code wouldn't proc on spell triggered healing breaths. However, it would proc on smiting/restoring breaths. It would also proc on steady wing and dismiss as those are also pet commands.

*deep breath* Anyway.

Breath code needs 3 main components.

-A player aftercast restriction. Depending on how you work this, it can require bits of code all over the place. -.-;

I worked one out for healing/smiting/restoring, but didn't extend it to post WS. Seemed to work well enough without, whereas spell triggered HB, and restoring breath had intermittent issues without the restriction. I'll probably working a post WS one now that it's usable at high haste.

-Pet midcast rules. This will be where you equip the breath gear, and I pretty much covered this already.

-Pet aftercast rules. You locked the players aftercast. What's to keep you from standing there in breath gear till you do something? But, since your wyvern has an aftercast as well, you can just put your return to idle/tp swap here. Or better yet, just call the function those swaps are normally in.

I may possibly clean up my DRG.lua and release it publicly. But expect that to take a bit to set up. Assuming I actually get around to it.
By Highwynd 2014-09-12 00:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I totally get that the code is sloppy. I learned GS like 2 days ago and just fiddled with the code until it worked(was told breath codes were awkward and often times didn't work) but by changing it to pet command it worked.

Quote:
You can separate them via ability name, or via targeting. But if you do it as vaguely as "breaths" you'll even have it swapping on remove breath.

Is this so? I thought remove breaths did not contain the word 'breath'? "Remove Poison" "Remove Paralyze" "Remove Curse" "Remove Plague" "Remove Blind". Unless they're considered breaths by GS?
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-09-12 00:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

if you can take anything from here, i figured you should at least know about

http://www.ffxiah.com/node/128
[+]
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-12 01:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Feary said: »
if you can take anything from here, i figured you should at least know about

http://www.ffxiah.com/node/128

I was sent this via PM a couple of days ago and looked thru it pretty extensively very good I like it, but other than the layout the information is relatively the same, this was done back in February also so some of the information is out of date also.

One thing I liked was the BLU Blurb but Reichlieu is currently writing up one for this guide.

Thank you though! Much appreciated.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-09-12 01:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I totally get that the code is sloppy. I learned GS like 2 days ago and just fiddled with the code until it worked(was told breath codes were awkward and often times didn't work) but by changing it to pet command it worked.

Quote:

Is this so? I thought remove breaths did not contain the word 'breath'? "Remove Poison" "Remove Paralyze" "Remove Curse" "Remove Plague" "Remove Blind". Unless they're considered breaths by GS?
No, you're right. I've mentally categorized them as remove breaths for so long I forgot they had individual names. So it wouldn't trigger on any of them.
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2014-09-12 11:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That new helm is a 0.3ftp boost on proper days, gonna be ridiculous for Stardiver. On my spreadsheet t adds about 950 damage. Must have.
 Odin.Skeero
By Odin.Skeero 2014-09-12 19:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I may possibly clean up my DRG.lua and release it publicly. But expect that to take a bit to set up. Assuming I actually get around to it.

Please do.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-12 19:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ophannus said: »
That new helm is a 0.3ftp boost on proper days
Source?
By Highwynd 2014-09-12 22:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I think what he is trying to infer is that Mekira is +0.1fTP, this helm says +30. TP bonuses are displayed in orders of magnitude 10x higher than they used to be. Therefore, it is extremely likely although still unconfirmed, that it's +0.3fTP.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-12 22:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Can already tell you it isn't. Give me a moment and I'll post some results from playing with it earlier. Just double-checking a couple things.
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-12 23:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

0.3 seems accurate from what LS Members have tested Llewelyn.

let us know if you get different results.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 110 111 112