users online
Forum » Windower » Support » FFXIDB Mini Map plugin issue
FFXIDB Mini Map plugin issue
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-08-31 07:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for double post, but is there anything else that can be done to fix this issue?
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-08-31 08:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If you wanna come on our IRC channel we can try to debug it further, to see where exactly it fails. If it's the same issue as with Conagh though, I don't know what we could do to fix it I'm afraid.
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-08-31 08:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Arcon said: »
If you wanna come on our IRC channel we can try to debug it further, to see where exactly it fails. If it's the same issue as with Conagh though, I don't know what we could do to fix it I'm afraid.

How do I join the IRC channel?
By cadaver 2014-09-23 18:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It's zoomed very far in. Change the 1010 to 100 and then reload.

Also, X shouldn't be negative (that means it goes out to the left side of the screen). Honestly, you can delete lines 14 through 18 then save the file and reload the plugin in-game (//reload ffxidb).

I had the exact same issue that OP mentioned. Win7-64. I did exactly as mentioned in quoted text, and the problem is resolved. I have a wireless Logitech mouse and found that the problem is easily duplicated if I don't scroll very carefully. I'd also like to add, that in order to fix this I had to run notepad as admin, then open file (File>Open>Select File). No other way would allow me to save file.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 18:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't save to certain folders without running the app as an admin.

Can save it somewhere else and paste it back in that folder and it will also ask for Admin privs, same way. Also curious as to how to join your irc channel.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-23 19:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I fixed my issue ~

It's why I wanted to keep Windower free of auto updates cos everytime I log in, your version breaks mine!

I've gotten used to copy and pasting it across though.

In all honesty it's prolly a windows 8 issues.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-09-24 01:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Protectorchrono said: »

Sorry, I didn't see this post before. The simplest way to join our IRC channel is to load the FFOChat plugin, that will automatically connect to our IRC server. It will then prepend the various channels by numbers (I think by default it will join #vanadiel and #windower, which will be assigned 1 and 2 respectively). To talk in the Windower channel just type "/2 Hello~" and everyone in that channel will see it.

If you wanna send private messages, it's a bit harder with the FFOChat plugin. For that (and for general IRC use) I recommend a real IRC client. Here are a few to choose from:
http://hexchat.github.io/
http://www.mirc.com/
http://www.kvirc.de/
http://www.irssi.org/

Add windower.net as the server (port 6667, although that should be the default anyway) and then connect.

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

I fixed my issue ~

What exactly is your issue? I wasn't aware that you fixed it... if you did, so we can we and let it auto-update to the fixed version ;p
By minikomby 2014-09-26 20:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont know if someone else post abouthis but im having problem with ffxidb, my problem is minimap dissapeared on 1 chararter, the rest map load ok but on K chararter it is gone, anyone know how or what i did?
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-26 21:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Protectorchrono said: »

Sorry, I didn't see this post before. The simplest way to join our IRC channel is to load the FFOChat plugin, that will automatically connect to our IRC server. It will then prepend the various channels by numbers (I think by default it will join #vanadiel and #windower, which will be assigned 1 and 2 respectively). To talk in the Windower channel just type "/2 Hello~" and everyone in that channel will see it.

If you wanna send private messages, it's a bit harder with the FFOChat plugin. For that (and for general IRC use) I recommend a real IRC client. Here are a few to choose from:
http://hexchat.github.io/
http://www.mirc.com/
http://www.kvirc.de/
http://www.irssi.org/

Add windower.net as the server (port 6667, although that should be the default anyway) and then connect.

I fixed my issue ~

What exactly is your issue? I wasn't aware that you fixed it... if you did, so we can we and let it auto-update to the fixed version ;p

Nope, it's mine!

I installed Windows 7 and said *** this ***.

Worked perfectly then.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-09-27 01:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I installed Windows 7 and said *** this ***.

Worked perfectly then.

Er... ok, but why did you say this then:

It's why I wanted to keep Windower free of auto updates cos everytime I log in, your version breaks mine!

I've gotten used to copy and pasting it across though.

That implies that you had a working DLL but it got overwritten with ours.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [161 days between previous and next post]
By Rakou 2015-03-07 05:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i guess. there is 2 ways to setting a zoom.

1:
normally zoom setting is "Zoom" in the "plugins/settings/ffxidb.xml"

2:
and also you can see "plugins/FFXIDB/map/scales.json"
maybe, you can see text in this file.
{
"2344294967295": "1",
"23400": "x" <<<----- edit x
}

this 2 ways use properly by a current area.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2015-03-08 00:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The second file is because you may want to scale the map differently depending on zone. The preferred way to set the zoom is to use the mouse wheel while hovering over the map to zoom in/out.
By Rakou 2015-03-08 12:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Of cource but I also can't to zoom-out by mouse wheel.
so my minimap's zoom state was fixed to maximum zoom-in.
and I think the next best way is edit these files directly.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-03-08 14:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The second file is because you may want to scale the map differently depending on zone. The preferred way to set the zoom is to use the mouse wheel while hovering over the map to zoom in/out.
Oh... you can zoom with the mouse wheel... I tried that and it didn't seem to work so I just assumed it didn't. But trying it now works but there are some odd things about it. It's kinda odd in its zoom levels, like it seems like the more you zoom out it zooms more exponentially perhaps? It might just be the zone I'm in though. And if you zoom out too far it actually reverts to fully zoomed in but if you try to zoom in it stops at a max.
By minikomby 2015-03-08 16:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

my problem with minimap is i cant move it with mouse to another area on my screen, just happen on 1 pc, the other one i can click it and move to new area when map doesnt let me see PT members or something but first PC just dont move, anyone have idea why?