By Asura.Malekith 2009-08-09 15:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Over the past week, I've used the following enumerated stacks of pickaxes:

Tues - 4
Wed - 10
Thurs - 7
Fri - 10
Sat - 8

39 stacks total, and not a single K-ore. That's 468 axes darn it. IF I'd actually got one, I'd rock .21% drop rate. That's right! 1/5th of 1% And to think, wiki's claiming atleast a .4!

Anyways just wondering for those that do mine at Mount Z on a regular basis, "What's your average # of stacks of axes before you hit?"

At this point, I totally feel overdue... lol
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-08-09 15:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
Over the past week, I've used the following enumerated stacks of pickaxes:

Tues - 4
Wed - 10
Thurs - 7
Fri - 10
Sat - 8

39 stacks total, and not a single K-ore. That's 468 axes darn it. IF I'd actually got one, I'd rock .21% drop rate. That's right! 1/5th of 1% And to think, wiki's claiming atleast a .4!

Anyways just wondering for those that do mine at Mount Z on a regular basis, "What's your average # of stacks of axes before you hit?"

At this point, I totally feel overdue... lol

I want to say it takes a shitload of time, but i ahve actually dug 2 of them up back to back lol
 Lakshmi.Bshizzle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Brucio
By Lakshmi.Bshizzle 2009-08-09 20:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Is mining MZ still challenging with sneak/invis?
 Asura.Deth
Server: Asura
user: Detsurin
By Asura.Deth 2009-08-09 20:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Doubt it, it's probably just a huge waste of time.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Nerevar
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Nerevar 2009-08-09 20:44:48
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Should be mining in HQ mining gear (If you're not already), then you won't have to use as many pickaxes to get a Khroma ore.

Mind= blown.
 Carbuncle.Deadlymidget
Server: Carbuncle
user:
By Carbuncle.Deadlymidget 2009-08-10 00:09:22

Well so far im 50(ores)/250(axes) on these are they hard to get or am I just lucky?
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-08-10 00:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Deadlymidget said:
Well so far im 50(ores)/250(axes) on these are they hard to get or am I just lucky?
I'll go with gtfo hax or damn lucky! :D

Good show old man, tell me atleast that you got some salvage bodies completed? Anyways, I'm looking for more recent data here... I have a strong suspicion that drop rates were altered.
 Carbuncle.Deadlymidget
Server: Carbuncle
user:
By Carbuncle.Deadlymidget 2009-08-10 00:22:45

Malekith said:
Deadlymidget said:
I'll go with gtfo hax or damn lucky! :D

Good show old man, tell me atleast that you got some salvage bodies completed? Anyways, I'm looking for more recent data here... I have a strong suspicion that drop rates were altered.

Nah im not sure if it was exactly 250 but it was somewhere between that. Was crazy i couldnt believe it but ya good thing i got the satchel to hold em all :)
 Midgardsormr.Ladymist
Server: Midgardsormr
user: ladymist
By Midgardsormr.Ladymist 2009-08-10 00:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I spent 3 days there last week, and I swear mining points just dont even exist anymore, lmao. Seriously though, from my experience its just luck
 Kujata.Segaia
Server: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-08-10 02:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, i dont see why ppl do that ore anyway. ISNM or farm something different, it is just more effective and you got time for other things. For me personally i'm done with farming. I just campaign all day and im getting nice ANs + exp, besides yesterday i got an orichalcum ingot from the adder union in pashhow_S, which was a nice side-income.

Burn your BS and KS, HQ if you have a craft at 100 etc.. You will at least not ending up with nothing if you do it. From a factor of effectiveness and risk, k-ore is not worth to mine, imo. Tho... at the end of a day when you finally got it... u feel like you accomplisht something xD
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-08-10 02:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Like mining K.ores in mount Z!!

But seriously, i spent several hours trying to mine it up once, never again, i could have made 3-4 merits in that time and have done ISNM for a 25+% chance at ore.

Then again... ppl like a challenge dont they :P
 Ragnarok.Titox
Server: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2009-08-10 04:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

i mined in mount Z....but only mined only 4 days..... 2/4 got a Khroma Ore...but i mined i don't expect to get a single Khroma Ore or Adaman Ore....i only go to synth Firesand & Iron Ingot & Glass Fiber(skill up always a plus on this ;D ) and Demon Horns i make easy 100k gil per day mining + Khroma and Adaman ore are always a nice bonus ;)

if you don't have the crafting to make anything of what you mined....is just a big waste of time imo =/
[+]
 Asura.Sidi
user: Sidi
By Asura.Sidi 2009-08-10 11:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Well ISNMs aren't exactly the godly alternative either, seeing how
1) can only do 1 a day
2) requires 3k IS (if you don't have it, can't go, which may be why some choose mining for it)
3) requires 5 other people to go with (usually fairly easy to put together, but I've had days where I couldn't find the last ppl and had to disband)
and
4) drop rate isn't precisely the best

--- while I have seen 1-2 drop in every 6 man run, I personally am 0/52 on it dropping. Seeing how thats only 1 run a day, thats about 2 months of doing it consistently without a single drop--- is that really better? At least mining you spend your own time on it, you can stop and start whenever you want, and you can still make a fair profit by getting other worthwhile drops.

Its his right to mine if he wants to, just because drop rates are ***right now doesn't neccesarily mean it won't turn around, and doesn't neccesarily mean that its still not worthwhile, so advocating doing something else isn't really the point

In the end, just view it as a lottery thing, like.. your mining for the other ores and should you get one, OMFG HURRAY YOU HAVE SUPERGIL NOW, but if not, you expected that *shrug*
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-08-10 12:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

lol if you're a serious miner, you're not in Mount Z for the Khroma.

The amazing amount of lesser items that can be mined in Mount Z can be crafted into all sorts of profitable materials. Considering the frequency in which you pick up iron and steel, amongst all the other things available... there's an immense amount of money to be made without ever seeing a Khroma ore.
 Asura.Slamm
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-08-10 12:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sovereign said:
lol if you're a serious miner, you're not in Mount Z for the Khroma.

The amazing amount of lesser items that can be mined in Mount Z can be crafted into all sorts of profitable materials. Considering the frequency in which you pick up iron and steel, amongst all the other things available... there's an immense amount of money to be made without ever seeing a Khroma ore.

exactly, if you are just there for the k ore u might as well do something else instead of wasting time

whole point of mining in mount z is for the reasons said above, k ore is a bonus nothing more
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-08-10 12:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

My intent was to see what other people's experiences had been. Because I'm working on a salvage piece atm (Ares Body @7/12 ingots) and I'm trying to kill time as I mine and maybe help the next person out to follow in my footsteps. It's god awful boring as you do this and one does start to wonder if Khroma ore even exists as a drop. It'd just be a comforting thought if you knew that it does drop at a set rate even if there's a slight variable range at which it could drop.
 Bahamut.Kosaka
Server: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Kosaka 2009-08-10 13:19:31

Question? Have you made it through the complete weekly cycle with no change in any drops. I remember before I quit back at ToAU release there were theories of drop per day. Such as darks day more breaks but better drops supposedly. I haven't got into any high level mining this go around yet but I just wanted to know if anyone seen anything of the sort.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-08-10 15:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I believe the continuous regurgitation/ emphasis on ISNM is a plot perpetrated by the shadowy figures controlling the mercenary office. Rumor has it that the secret imperial orders are but a ruse, a method used to evaluate talent if you will. For what purpose and to what end, I confess that I do not know nor care to find out lest I draw too much attention to myself. All I can say is that there is something afoul afoot in the lands of Aht Urhgan.

At present I'm working on my next data set. Hopefully a pattern will begin to emerge on a definitive rate of Khroma Ore/ stack of pickaxes. Yet the whole process of analysis would speed up if the only posters are those interested in the topic at hand.
 Asura.Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-08-10 20:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

if you want to post data there is a wiki for that ***
and if u want to know data again there is wiki
someone on here won't record data accurately unless they parse every mining run which i doubt, more likely they will just say a result from memory which will be off by a bit

this just seems like a "feel sorry for me because i cant get it to drop" thread to me

its called bad luck

here from wiki Khroma Ore = Very Rare(0.4%)
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-10 22:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG you idiots just don't shut-up.

Replying to the only thing I happened to glimpse when entering this thread and noticing how much you all love the sound of your own e-voices, the drop rates on wiki are all user loaded by peoples own experience. So if hit your "/item pickaxe <t>" macro 87 times, and get 1 khroma ore, you'll edit the wiki page by increasing the drops # by 1, and the attempts # by 87. If everyone does that then you have a sample size of thousands. Unfortunately, people who luck out and go 1/1 and then stop mining like to change it too, and people who go 0/348 often won't, so it's for the most part, quite inaccurate. Handy guide, but by no means an exact science.
[+]
 Asura.Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-08-10 22:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
OMG you idiots just don't shut-up.

Replying to the only thing I happened to glimpse when entering this thread and noticing how much you all love the sound of your own e-voices, the drop rates on wiki are all user loaded by peoples own experience. So if hit your "/item pickaxe <t>" macro 87 times, and get 1 khroma ore, you'll edit the wiki page by increasing the drops # by 1, and the attempts # by 87. If everyone does that then you have a sample size of thousands. Unfortunately, people who luck out and go 1/1 and then stop mining like to change it too, and people who go 0/348 often won't, so it's for the most part, quite inaccurate. Handy guide, but by no means an exact science.

yeh true but its the most accurate source with enough data we have really

if when he does get the drop he posts his drop rate on there, it should help make it more accurate for others i think
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-10 22:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Generally speaking yes, but it's also open to manipulation by anyone, either by someone making the drop rate look purposefully ***to help drive up the prices/drive down the competition, or just by idiots doing it wrong.
 Asura.Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-08-10 22:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Generally speaking yes, but it's also open to manipulation by anyone, either by someone making the drop rate look purposefully ***to help drive up the prices/drive down the competition, or just by idiots doing it wrong.

lol definitely true

i suppose they could (if they don't already) have it so if the drop % ends up being changed in 1 edit or in a small time frame by a high amount then it get sent for a manual review by an admin

that would stop some dumb changes but would probably need a few other variables in there too
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-08-10 23:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:

You know I've often wondered how that number was arrived at? I mean what was the sample size for that date. I mean, someone had to have meticulously taken track of results during mining runs right? I'm doing no different. That entry inspired me to do as I have and I can only hope to further inspire other people to follow the same example. If you observe the world closely enough eventually its mysteries are revealed, that is all.

If you hover over the % on the wiki page, the number it displays is [16/3576] on Khroma ore. That may not be 100% accurate, but its the closest we have to 'chance to obtain khroma ore' from the experience of those who have mined, or attempted to mine the ores.

User submitted image
(Above picture is what i was talking about shows up when you hover over the %)
 Asura.Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-08-10 23:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

we all know wiki can be wrong and anyone knows its user edited

but by getting a couple peoples input off a forum you will get less data than what is on there, and generally less data is less accurate
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-08-10 23:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Radaghast said:
Do any of you *** understand that wikis are user edited? Jesus Christ.. tar and feather a guy for asking for results.

Wiki is the results of people who have also attempted this though :/. Yeah its not 100% but its still a 'testimonial' of someone (or multiple people)'s attempts at [insert random thing here], be it drop rate, spawn rate, mining rate, harvest rate, etc etc.
 Asura.Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-08-10 23:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

there is accurate info all over the place

kaeko's blog for example

however when it comes to drop rates, wiki is the best we have because its the only results on a big enough scale.