New Post, Drgs... YAY, Sorta. Haste.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » New post, drgs... YAY, sorta. Haste.
New post, drgs... YAY, sorta. Haste.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-25 13:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiv said: »
Asura.Ccl said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »
Quote:
What makes you think it will be different than Catastrophe haste?

We all know it SHOULD be like hasso, but this is SE, and it is DRG, so, my money with almost certainty goes to gear haste.

You say that, but most of their adjustments as of late have been pretty smart. Even the dumb stuff like Blue Magic Learning job points got reconsidered pretty quickly.
Waiting for them to reconsider Fudo & skillchain damage, cause that was pretty dumb.

Hey now about time sam got to shine! I hope those change make drg just as good so we'll have another option as dd and my ryu ft play friends might play again D:
Lets not pretend like SAM wasn't a top 5 DD before WS+SC adjustments for almost every situation you wouldn't be using RNG or utsusemi.

War is top 5 now it doesn't need any buff.
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-08-25 13:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say that WAR specifically needs an update, just that either everything that isn't SAM could use some balancing or that SAM could use some rollback. Yorcia parses pre-update were all comparable between koga SAM, conq WAR, and lib DRK, and we did a lot of yorcia so it varied a lot but it was never a land slide that it is now.

Anyway somewhat more on topic, assuming they do this right (JA Haste), maybe we can look forward to content thats worth doing where DRG can come as well. Is Upukirex still a top tier non-mythic option? I need to gear again to do job points i guess, haven't played it much since Tojil was cool.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-25 13:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Warrior isn't that bad off- it did get a HP boost last update and merited Warcry is actually pretty sweet now for a zerg. 50 seconds of +70 TP bonus is pretty significant; for example, if there's a SAM in your party, it'll increase Fudo's fTP (assuming you're WSing at 1000% and are using Moonshade) by ~32%.
It's still not desired.

Heck, I got denied into a linkshell for having a Conqueror WAR -.-
[+]
By Wordspoken 2014-08-25 13:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Dancer can't be unhappy either - steps up to 10! AoE Healing Waltz too.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-25 13:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say that WAR specifically needs an update, just that either everything that isn't SAM could use some balancing or that SAM could use some rollback. Yorcia parses pre-update were all comparable between koga SAM, conq WAR, and lib DRK, and we did a lot of yorcia so it varied a lot but it was never a land slide that it is now.

Anyway somewhat more on topic, assuming they do this right (JA Haste), maybe we can look forward to content thats worth doing where DRG can come as well. Is Upukirex still a top tier non-mythic option? I need to gear again to do job points i guess, haven't played it much since Tojil was cool.

When I do stuff with Sope drk he comes somewhat close so I don't think sam need a nerf now, only SC dmg need a nerf(or MB need a HUGE buff), maybe they should nerf solo SC ?

As for drg; the emp ws is supposedly good now so I'd guess those skirmish wpn with ws dmg+ would be best non r/e/m option?
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-08-25 13:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
Dancer can't be unhappy either - steps up to 10! AoE Healing Waltz too.

They should keep max step 5 but double the potency of steps IMO.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-08-25 16:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Warrior isn't that bad off- it did get a HP boost last update and merited Warcry is actually pretty sweet now for a zerg. 50 seconds of +70 TP bonus is pretty significant; for example, if there's a SAM in your party, it'll increase Fudo's fTP (assuming you're WSing at 1000% and are using Moonshade) by ~32%.
It's still not desired.

I'm pretty sure there was another reason (or the linkshell was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, in which case you shouldn't want to join anyways).
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-25 16:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It's still not desired.

I'm pretty sure there was another reason (or the linkshell was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, in which case you shouldn't want to join anyways).
They didn't know who I was, I jumped servers and changed my name.

Didn't even look at my WAR, as soon as I said I had a Conqueror coming up, they said no thanks.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-08-25 16:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like the latter then.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-08-25 16:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yah, I'm going with pants on head HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE people.

Quote:
Max HP Boost, Cure V, Boost-STR and Accuracy+50 for 100 seconds

Even not counting 25% JA Haste, these effects are better than most old-1hours x.x;

I'd kill for Perfect Dodge to even give me one of those effects lol, I'd take the Cure V cause when im using PD its usually cause im dying
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2014-08-25 21:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This is certainly a lot more than I had expected considering what they originally said. Hell it might motivate me enough to collect the remaining ~15k Alexandrite I need to finish my Ryu.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-08-26 11:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hoping these are enough to make dragoon competitive again. When a samurai can nearly outparse a mythic dragoon with a 117 eminent polearm, that's a problem.
 Odin.Skeero
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2014-08-26 16:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Greetings,

With the amount of time required for a breath to activate, it will somewhat affect the timing for swapping out equipment for Healing Breath enhancements making it a bit trickier, but we would like you all to actually try this out when it goes live and then let us know your feedback in regards to the usage.

Additionally, I’d like to give a bit more information regarding the upcoming adjustments.
Haste effect
The new haste effect gained by the dragoon as a wyvern’s level rise will stack with equipment haste as well as magical haste effects similar to Hasso and Spirit Surge.
Strafe
At the level 80 stage for the Strafe job trait, breath accuracy will cumulatively be +100

YUS! JA Haste

Still wont out parse a fudo sam, but will definately close the gap by a ton on other melees.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-26 16:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Great, a DRG/RDM can have magic/JA/equipment haste of 51.6%.

Well, I can't complain too much, a BLU can have 56.6% haste by itself lol...

Now, where's the WAR JA haste effect????
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-26 17:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

or they werent thrilled about having a conq war expect a dd slot, most standing linkshells already have their cool kids club of DD and just want support

doesn't even matter if the dd is better, people get into the attitude of they always get to go dd after a certain point
By fillerbunny9 2014-08-26 19:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

A more apt question is why does WAR only have Berserk up for 3 minutes of every 4.3 instead of full time!

To pretend that WAR and DRG were even remotely comparable prior to this intended buff is utterly laughable.
By Anjou 2014-08-26 19:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »

A more apt question is why does WAR only have Berserk up for 3 minutes of every 4.3 instead of full time!

To pretend that WAR and DRG were even remotely comparable prior to this intended buff is utterly laughable.

Someone predicted that if drg got any sort of buff other jobs would QQ. It's happening!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Legato
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-08-26 19:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I may be mistaken fillerbunny but most Wars only go 36 seconds without Berserk endgame I thought?

Group 1 merits
-50 seconds when 5/5
And when activated with
Agoge Feet +1
And Pummeler Body +1
3:34
Recast 5:00 mins (4:10 when merited)

Another question; I believe they initially made comments about also increasing potency of wyvern breath (may be mistaken) But made no mention of it again so I suppose it just magic accuracy?
By fillerbunny9 2014-08-26 21:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Legato said: »
I may be mistaken fillerbunny but most Wars only go 36 seconds without Berserk endgame I thought?

Group 1 merits
-50 seconds when 5/5
And when activated with
Agoge Feet +1
And Pummeler Body +1
3:34
Recast 5:00 mins (4:10 when merited)

Another question; I believe they initially made comments about also increasing potency of wyvern breath (may be mistaken) But made no mention of it again so I suppose it just magic accuracy?

I was mostly being facetious because as I concluded, Warrior and Dragoon were not even playing in the same ballpark.

As for your second point, I do recall them saying they'd be boosting the Accuracy and frequency, as well as removing the red TP Move lines to prevent confusion with enemy TP moves. I think they also said something about boosting Subtle Blow for Wyverns.
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-08-27 08:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
I think they also said something about boosting Subtle Blow for Wyverns.

Pretty sure they did that in the last update.. but none of us noticed because who cares about Wyvern subtle blow ; ;
[+]
By Highwynd 2014-08-27 15:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

NMs use TP moves pretty much whenever they goddamn please which is seemingly every 5-6 seconds(especially mega bosses) so I think TP feed is irrelevant these days. Most NMs seemingly have regain.

Also I thought I had read somewhere that they were going to strengthen Wyvern's base power(interpretted this as increasing their +Attack or base dmg again) and thought I saw something about increase elemental breath power.

Also Steady Wing and maybe other ways to heal Wyvern coming.
Quote:
Camate
The development team is currently looking into whether they can make it so players’ stats have stronger effects on wyvern breath abilities. I’ll be sure to let you know once there is some progress!

Still would prefer if DRGs could use Spirit Surge when the Wyvern is not present. Doing so would activate Spirit Surge and give us a different set of bonuses, similar to the original DRG SP2 "Rouse Wyvern" as Ophannus had proposed. It would summon your Wyvern (without using the Call Wyvern timer) but in a powered up state for 60sec, invincible to all damage, more potent breaths, 25% haste effect,higher att/acc, Restoring/Smiting breath would be 10s recast. It would be like Spirit Surge, except the Wyvern gets all the bonuses. It would be much better than the regular spririt surge for fights where you absolutely want to ensure the wyvern doesn't die for the first minute or so(or as a backup "Call Wyvern" for when you need your Wyvewrn NOW but the recast on Call Wyvern is like 16 minutes away.
[+]
 Odin.Shaggnix
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-09-01 16:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Shaggnix said: »
SEs ability to ignore the elephant in the room never fails to amaze.

"We're making wyverns more durable and the animations less confusing...... but we're just going to gloss over the fact that you're generally so attack starved that you can't compete without a mythic. Good day, and enjoy soloing old content."

I exaggerate only slightly, Angon has its place in endgame to a degree I guess. If they added an attack boost while your wyvern is alive (or an ability that triggers such) I'd be a little more excited.

I'm a little more excited!
 Phoenix.Gerrott
Server: Phoenix
user: Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2014-09-07 12:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

36 hours until Legend of the Dragoon begins. Been counting down all week since date was announced, so excited.
[+]
 Odin.Skeero
By Odin.Skeero 2014-09-07 12:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been polishing my Ryuno for the past 2 weeks. My body is ready
 Odin.Shaggnix
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-09-08 07:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

my gungnir has been 95 for years (finished currency phase shortly after the dyna overhaul) and i finally flipped the gil for marrows. Its gonna kill me to drop more on airlixers for xaddi gear when reforged empy is coming soonish and will obsolete it, but I don't care, want to poke things!