Arch Dynamis Lord SMN Duo - Advice?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Arch Dynamis Lord SMN Duo - Advice?
Arch Dynamis Lord SMN Duo - Advice?

| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-08-07 09:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well they used Ifrit for a reason its a hybrid attack 2 hits physical and 1 magical so it gets a big damage boost from all the pet:mab gear we get now. Id suggest the smn that isnt using the new 1hr to pop alexander and to use ramuh to stun ADL it should be dead before it gets any clones out. You can the swap so you can do a second ADL if it all goes well.

Most the smn gear is easy to get apart from hands and legs due to no one doing that content anymore.

Weapon: avatar:MAB staves either sparks117 or higher.
Head: AF1-109/119 for perp and Af2-109/119 for flaming crush
Body: af3+2 body for flaming crush and or perp, af2119 for starting the BP.
Hands: can remember their name but its the lvl99 abj hands might be better options out now.
Legs: Ngen which comes from legion again im not sure if theres better options.
Feet: skirmish augmented with pet:MAB or af1-109/119.
By Zoltar 2014-08-07 10:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd venture to guess that 2x Ifrit would take him down in a reasonable time too.

Do both characters have 109/119 AF/Relic? The Delve staff, Gridavor (sp?) is especially helpful and cheap to obtain
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2014-08-07 10:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Id suggest the smn that isnt using the new 1hr to pop alexander and to use ramuh to stun ADL it should be dead before it gets any clones out.

That's extremely risky. I'm pretty sure ADL can actually summon clones while he's stunned if you push his HP low enough, and if he's under 40% then he'll summon 3 clones instead of 2, making him much more dangerous. If he's under about 25% he can even summon 4 clones. Ideally, to minimize risk, you want him to split before he hits 40%.

Honestly the strategy Papesse used is the only safe one. Get him down to about 60%, wait until both of your Rage timers are up, one of you pop Perfect Defense, then the other one do Flaming Crush and it should cause a split. If not, have the 2nd SMN pop their Crush and hopefully that will (they might need to pop Conduit or use a Siphon for MP). Once he splits, one or both of you pop Conduit if you haven't already, pick one of the clones, and kill it ASAP. If someone has to use Conduit before the split, I'd suggest letting them pick which clone to target so they can go straight into BP spam. Be prepared for knock-back when he splits, it's pretty common, something that might help that is to get into his little cubby hole with him for this part.

Having some good idle gear is important so that you can take a few hits before Perfect Defense is up. 119 gear goes a long way toward that. Also, high summoning skill will go a long way toward making Perfect Defense last long enough.

Lastly, a little tip. ADL has some pretty nasty conal moves. When you watch Papesse's video, notice how she stands off to the side, actually the same side I tend to prefer which is the left side. If you Assault from the side (at least the left side, probably right side too) then Ifrit will approach ADL from the middle, meaning ADL won't be pointing at you when you run in to issue BP commands. That can be pretty important.

I'm sure there are other things I'm forgetting. ADL is no joke, but is pretty straight-forward for an experienced SMN.
[+]
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-08-07 10:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The smn on the youtube vid hes watched killed him without clones popping it was that quick or if they didnt they didnt get anything off.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ajirha
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2014-08-07 11:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

sachet, dont forget the sachet...
ideally the seraphicaller, else the eminent. some fastcast gear wont hurt.

AF1-119 body over the af3+2 (12 BP damage over the 10)small gain but everything counts. and might be easier to get if mroe costly than the AF3+2

AF1-119 feet over the skimrish one. you'll boost all three hits that way, can get pet mab on other places.
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-08-07 11:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well im all for that 2% gain in bp damage but if their smn skill is a little underskilled af3+2 will be better since its adding acc as well as the 10% boost.
By Zoltar 2014-08-07 11:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

As pointed out, Seraphicaller (119 sachet) is what you want when doing this fight.

Also, in the video I'm (fairly) certain the summoner has an ilvl Nirvana (mythic) which does crazy damage. The same guy solos Legion doing 25k+ blood pacts so even with two smn you're still going to be behind him in damage

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Zoltar 2014-08-07 13:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish you luck^^ seems most people go with a zerg-type strategy on that jerk lol
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
By Warviper 2014-09-15 06:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

so howd it go?