Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Homestead Gun vs Lionsquall
Homestead Gun vs Lionsquall
By Xijaah 2014-07-12 03:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

hey guys, i'm looking for a "placeholder" until i get annihilator; i was gonna make Lionsquall (i already bought the pelt) but then i noticed Homestead Gun has more raw dmg for the same delay, although it lacks enmity -10, 20 rattk, and has 212skill instead of 242. Would the higher raw make up for the 20 rattk and the 30 less skill?
By Voren 2014-07-12 03:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I may be wrong, but if you're not able to use coronoch you may want something with more -enmity on it.

not sure if the less ratk hurts more, but 30 less skill would equate, correct me if I'm wrong, to 30 less racc, unless skill only effects atk.

I'd go with Lionsquall if you can.
By Nyruul 2014-07-12 03:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

skill effects acc.

idk i'd put my money on lionsquall.
 Fenrir.Makado
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Makado
By Fenrir.Makado 2014-07-12 04:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd go with lionsquall I made it myself and the skill makes a huge difference on range acc. Also the -10 enmity makes it so you can pretty much cap your -enmity with gear. Nothing will beat that extra 40 range acc on relic it makes your armor choices much easier so you can add more stp or range att.
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-07-12 05:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lionsquall is better, regardless of if you need the accuracy or not.

Homestead will do alright if you don't want to invest too much money, but you probably won't be able to walk out of town and do a VD AA with it since as everyone else has mentioned the accuracy is significant on things you normally bring RNG to. Lionsquall doesn't particularly fix this problem either if you're looking to PUG as its my understanding the PUG scene is generally pretty strong "relic only" minded.

I guess I'd personally do Homestead if I was in that kind of scenario just because I'm cheap(and you said only using as a placeholder). But, it's worse than Lion all around, so Lion is the obvious choice if you're planning on toting it around for a few months.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-07-16 16:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Inference said: »
Lionsquall doesn't particularly fix this problem either if you're looking to PUG as its my understanding the PUG scene is generally pretty strong "relic only" minded.

It's true that there's a strong relic onry sentiment in PUG, but I wouldn't let that discourage you too much. I regularly outparse PUG relic RNG with my Lionsquall (not that it's a huge brag to beat some of these folks), and I very rarely pull hate. The enmity-10 is particularly nice for stuff that Decoy doesn't help (Last Stand, Barrage, etc.).

If you're in an actual trusted group, it's definitely a viable gun for any current RNG-friendly content. Even PUG, I find people will often give you a shot without Relic anyway, and you can earn people's trust by performing well.

Relic in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing is better, but that doesn't mean Lionsquall RNG is useless. Far from it.