3rd Party Program For Lotting.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » 3rd party program for lotting.
3rd party program for lotting.
First Page 2 3 4
 Diabolos.Swingandamiss
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
By Diabolos.Swingandamiss 2009-08-05 00:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The word on the street is that there has been a LOT of use of 3rd party programs for lotting Union reward items. I have witnessed this myself many times since the update, as have many of my friends. (e.g. The same player lotting in the 990s each of 7-8 different items.) What can we do, other than call a GM? Are others seeing the same kinds of things? My friends and I are wondering how people are getting away with this?
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Ladymist
Server: Midgardsormr
user: ladymist
By Midgardsormr.Ladymist 2009-08-05 00:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it happening alot on my server >.< hacklots suck!!

And like its not sooooo obvious..

idk what they will do to fix this, but I hope they do.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-05 00:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Um wouldnt you have to like hack the actually servers to accomplish this?
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Ladymist
By Midgardsormr.Ladymist 2009-08-05 01:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

idk how they are doing it, but they definitley are. I have never in ffxi history lotted for over 900 pts 10 times in a row and won every single lot....repeatedly.
[+]
 Alexander.Aegiz
Server: Alexander
user:
By Alexander.Aegiz 2009-08-05 01:00:37
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

LMAO....you guys believe in SE ? they f**king suck ***...they good to create more change for those RMT growth stronger, and they good to ban you more than to ban those RMT
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-05 01:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ladymist said:
idk how they are doing it, but they definitley are. I have never in ffxi history lotted for over 900 pts 10 times in a row and won every single lot....repeatedly.

I wouldn't use that as an example... I don't think I've lotted over 200 10 times in a row. I have however averaged under 80 after 10 rolls in a row before. Its pretty sad actually if things were done by low roll or lot I'd have so much more stuff lol.
 Midgardsormr.Ladymist
By Midgardsormr.Ladymist 2009-08-05 01:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

ya I know the feeling on low lots. But this is what is happening on my server. I watch the lot box and 1 person lots all items on a full list, and wins all the lots...repeatedly. And they are consistently lotting for well over 900 pts.
[+]
 Asura.Kajima
Server: Asura
user: Kajima
By Asura.Kajima 2009-08-05 01:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

or how about the fact that the people "lotting" seem to lot instantaneously without the usual delay of navigating the treasure pool and lotting manually.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
Server: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-08-05 01:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally believe in the theory about the /random is based on a looping timer.

hench why some people like to count like 3 seconds after a game minute then cast lots.

I do this I either hit it big or really small, but then again it can all just be pure luck.
[+]
 Shiva.Demiomega
Server: Shiva
user: Demiomega
By Shiva.Demiomega 2009-08-05 01:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to start an argument but it seems to me anyways your lot is based on how well you did or how much exp you got also with a little luck. when i do a cb start to finish i get 900s alot on my nin/dnc (tank taking dmg and curing it back) but when i show up late and cant really get hate i lot 500-700. but i also know hacking se to make you lot higher would be a serious deal something next to nobody could do without being caught, and to think that many people do it is just being paranoid... seriously try waiting at a zone for a cb to start mix up what your doin, do some dmg take some dmg cure people rb if you can and see what you lot. i bet if you do this and you get atleast 2K xp from a 20-30 min cb you will lot 800-900s
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-05 01:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think anyone is using a bot, or else they'd be hitting 990+ on big ticket items and ***lots on cheap items to avoid suspicion.

I do however think that there's something screwy with the lotting system in Union. I've seen the same thing with the one person getting multiple stupid high lots, and I think it's part of the system of how you can't lot at all if you don't do enough work.

Basically, if it were possible to hack lots, we'd have had issues with it and heard of it many times in the past already. The fact that it's only now being suggested with the release of union suggests that it's a stupid bit of code rather than a bot.
[+]
 Alexander.Tohma
Server: Alexander
user: Tohma
By Alexander.Tohma 2009-08-05 01:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres no such thing as lot hacks, since lots come from the FFXI server and not from the client side of things, in order to use it youd have to hack into the server which would be more than easily detected right away. I do agree with the screwy lot system or maybe its just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE luck on some peoples behalf haha
[+]
By Odin.Equivocator 2009-08-05 01:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Kajima said:
or how about the fact that the people "lotting" seem to lot instantaneously without the usual delay of navigating the treasure pool and lotting manually.

LightLuggage (Plugin for Windower) will lot (or pass) anything/everything in the treasure poll if you tell it to.
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-08-05 01:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember awhile back an old version of Light Luggage would let you lot on things while dead because the script would continuously run despite the fact you were K.O'd. Not sure if they fixed it but I'm pretty sure they did.

But I have to agree that the whole lot-bot is dubious considering the main question is: Why would we only be hearing about it now that Unions are out?

I do however have reason to believe the lotting code or system within when it comes to unions have a tendency to be anything but random.
[+]
 Shiva.Dwyte
user: dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2009-08-05 02:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

i thought they said somethin along the lines of, "better you do better your reward" or w/e, so my thought was more you do better you lot. so someone dont come in, join a union hit a lil cure a lil then go afk for rest of battle, but still get all the good ***that was dropped. an SE said somethin like that along the lines also lol, so maybe its your joining a union and someone in that union is doing way better than you.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-08-05 02:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be nice if instead you just got a random item after the battle was over instead of one giant list of treasure in a dog-eat-dog free for all.
 Kujata.Hrolandus
Server: Kujata
user: Hrolandus
By Kujata.Hrolandus 2009-08-05 02:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bingo! You guys have it, its not some grand RMT conspiracy when something seems awry. It strikes me as a matter of coding. I have noticed that particularly effective players in Campaign are indeed getting lots indicative of their work.

I have put this theory out there before only to be scoffed at. However, I dual box and my second is a whm that I basically cure, buff and heal status while my main annihilates campaign mobs.

The result, (when my main is doing quite well and dominating) is that my main gets very good, comparably high lots where as my secondary tends to get poorer lots. There is a still a randomness to it as I've seen but I clearly detect a favor of success. This is clearly not a scientific study by any means but notable trends in experience are... useful.
[+]
 Shiva.Dwyte
user: dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2009-08-05 02:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

lol ok good, so im not the only one that noticed that.. thanks Hrolandus
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-08-05 02:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I always lose, but if something is amiss I suspect SE is aware of it. I'm not sure if there is something up or not, but I wouldn't put it past people.
 Kujata.Grizzlie
Server: Kujata
user: grizzlie
By Kujata.Grizzlie 2009-08-05 03:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Um wouldnt you have to like hack the actually servers to accomplish this?

Yes you would.... there is no way 2 ninja lot a item, people have tryed its on forums all over the place but yet they cant get it 2 work because all lots are thru server side not client if u were gona try it you would have to hack into servers and then get they random no. to change to what you want so lot hacking is imposible... if some1 hit 900+ with 5-6 lots its luck i wouldnt kno the feeling off this becasue i cant lot over 100 on anything :(
 Cerberus.Radaghast
Server: Cerberus
user: Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2009-08-05 03:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG SUMTHEEING IZ RONG IT MUSHT B HAXXXXXXX NO MISTAKE SE ISH PURRFECT!!!!!!! lol you're all worse than a sewing circle. No proof, just your own assumptions. Hello... it's a new additon.. probably bugged to *** like everything else they release. Or maybe your luck just sucks. Of course it's easier to blame the "HAXORZ" than to spew out something useful.
[+]
 Fairy.Aiburn
Server: Fairy
user: Aiburn
By Fairy.Aiburn 2009-08-05 04:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hrolandus said:
Bingo! You guys have it, its not some grand RMT conspiracy when something seems awry. It strikes me as a matter of coding. I have noticed that particularly effective players in Campaign are indeed getting lots indicative of their work.

I have put this theory out there before only to be scoffed at. However, I dual box and my second is a whm that I basically cure, buff and heal status while my main annihilates campaign mobs.

The result, (when my main is doing quite well and dominating) is that my main gets very good, comparably high lots where as my secondary tends to get poorer lots. There is a still a randomness to it as I've seen but I clearly detect a favor of success. This is clearly not a scientific study by any means but notable trends in experience are... useful.

I tend to agree here. When I go out as 75 THF and pull in 1.5k-2k in a campaign, my lots tend to be much better as opposed to my 72 BLM where I am only getting 500-1k. I have no proof. Just a large amount of campaign attempts and observations in the last month.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-05 05:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure this is how it is. Which is totally *** stupid if you ask me. Considering how unbalanced campaign is for certain jobs to get exp over others, it's ridiculous that they now allow those jobs to also lot 990 on all the drops too.

</2 gil>
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-05 05:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

While I agree some jobs are better at campaign... part of it is play style. Blm playing the way it plays in pt and solo will absolutely fail at getting xp. I've tried it it sucks. I've also made 2.4k going out casting 3-4 spells dieing full resting and doing it again. And then sitting there doing nothing cause I was capped already anyways. I make alot more xp on thf when I go out and tank stuff as thf/dnc with merc kris then when I go out and DD even though I do like 0 dmg as thf/dnc.
 Fairy.Rikhu
Server: Fairy
user: Rikhu
By Fairy.Rikhu 2009-08-05 05:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-05 05:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So you're happy to go out and play your job like a retard (believe it or not that isn't actually a personal attack on you for once) to get more exp/AN, rather than play your job how it was supposed to be played. All jobs have a use in campaign, especially if people actually work together, the system should work that playing your job properly gets you max points, rather than seeing all these melee whm's that don't cure tanks or raise. (Although I gotta say, props to all the whm's and rdm's I've campaigned along side in Xarc, you've all been tops ^^)
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-05 05:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Rikhu said:
User submitted image

lower case tags
[+]
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-08-05 05:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Swingandamiss said:
(e.g. The same player lotting in the 990s each of 7-8 different items.)

I did this once...but it was 4/5 items i won.

and i play on xbox...i dont hax lol some ppl just get lucky...now if they do this on a regular basis...
[+]
By Odin.Joeofalltrades 2009-08-05 06:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

lol its funny how quick ppl are to blame RMTs for nearly every problem. This just in, SE blows at getting things right the 1st time around thats why they Update and then almost always have maintenance to fix whatever they fuked up in the update.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4