If You Have Glanzfaust, What Are Your Thoughts?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » If you have Glanzfaust, what are your thoughts?
If you have Glanzfaust, what are your thoughts?
By Refia1 2014-06-27 09:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Killkenny said: »
Oh good Ophannus has waded in with another insightful and accurate comment, said nobody ever.

To the people continuing to cite the DPS loss from getting AM3 up in any situation other than killing a couple of trash mobs, give it a rest because you're wrong.

all ur posts you come across as a giant ***, is this intended? XD
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-06-27 09:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

When you say the same thing 10 times and someone still doesn't get it, manners go out the window.

I could also point out that all your posts make you look like you have the brain function of an 8 year old. lolz XD XD XD
[+]
 Bismarck.Keityan
Server: Bismarck
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-06-27 10:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Logically, Ophannus argument does make sense, but the severity of the loss of three WS off the bat should be simply spreadsheeted to see the amount of time it takes for a Koga to catch up and surpass it. Anecdotal "You're wrong, I'm right" just doesn't work with such an argument. We all acknowledge that the sum of three Fudo at 100% is greater than 1 Rana at 300%. As long as we acknowledge that, there will always be an associated "time" it takes to catch up.
[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
Server: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-06-27 10:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I can say from experience, as a Ryu DRG, that the time it takes to get AM3 (if you aren't doing it on the inevitable adds you pull), and the DPS loss caused by it are almost IMMEDIATELY made up for after your first couple WSs. (which come much quicker once AM3 is up)

Here is an example.

While building AM3 on DRG (jumps + meditate) I don't fall behind by "Three Weaponskills". Its 2 max, sometimes even less. One Drakesbane at 300% TP (45% crit) is usually enough to close whatever DPS gap was just created by about 50%. The next Weaponskill I use puts me at or above their damage. At that point, its all gravy from there as keeping AM3 up is one of the easiest things to do for DRG.

I would imagine this is a little harder for MNK. (no meditate, no jumps) but once your AM3 is on, you should be able to do significantly more WS damage than non-mythic monks in your party (not to mention your 300% TP ascetic's fury).

SAM has it easier while building 300% TP, but Rana is so terrible that you don't quite make up as much damage with that first weaponskill. But after that you become the most broken thing in this game right now.

Please don't listen to Ophannus, he is notorious for spewing nonsense about how hard it is to keep AM3 up, and the subsequent DPS loss of saving TP. (And he doesn't have a mythic..)
By anarkus 2014-06-27 11:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That what i think. If mob die in 1 min (like T-t3 in delve), did it worth make 0-300 tp on mnk?
It sure if you fight it like 2-3 min , AM 3>> no AM, that is obvious.
Someone have time exactly for mnk for AM3> no AM.

Killkeny No need to be so emo and crazy about other when you didnt undestand the situation of the question (maybe it was wrong explain, sorry if that the case)
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tedril
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2014-06-27 11:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I do not have mythic monk but have parses against a few and in yorcia even my tinhaspa will do about the same as them up until mega boss. Also remember how huge skillchain properties are now. We did 21% of our damage two nights ago with light chains MNK drk Sam setup.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-06-27 11:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys know that if the NMs is at 5-6% and for w/e reason you don't chain everything in delve(I chain everything in every zone, there is no zone with 0add/long down time) you can build tp so you can start the next NM with AM3(if for w/e you sleep/log add?

But for real there is 0 event I have done so far where I couldn't keep AM3, outside of the very first AM3, it shouldn't be that much harder on non sam job to keep am3 up; I started with saving meditate for AM3 but I don't even do that anymore since it's such a joke to keep up.
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-06-27 11:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Drewbles said: »
I do not have mythic monk but have parses against a few and in yorcia even my tinhaspa will do about the same as them up until mega boss. Also remember how huge skillchain properties are now. We did 21% of our damage two nights ago with light chains MNK drk Sam setup.

Thats because Glanz, unlike Ryu and Koga, is not a game-breaking weapon for MNK. It's only slightly better than their other RME weapons.

Asura.Ccl said: »
You guys know that if the NMs is at 5-6% and for w/e reason you don't chain everything in delve(I chain everything in every zone, there is no zone with 0add/long down time) you can build tp so you can start the next NM with AM3(if for w/e you sleep/log add?

But for real there is 0 event I have done so far where I couldn't keep AM3, outside of the very first AM3, it shouldn't be that much harder on non sam job to keep am3 up; I started with saving meditate for AM3 but I don't even do that anymore since it's such a joke to keep up.

This.

Its easy to maintain AM3 in a run where people are actually fighting like this. And lets face it, this is how most non-pug groups do it. (and if you have a mythic, you probably are not in a pug)
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-06-27 11:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Keityan said: »
Logically, Ophannus argument does make sense, but the severity of the loss of three WS off the bat should be simply spreadsheeted to see the amount of time it takes for a Koga to catch up and surpass it.

What he said was so wildly inaccurate, it only serves to perpetuate this regurgitated BS that mythics are really situational. He suggested that a T1 or T2 NM in delve will die in the time it takes to get AM3 up and do 1 more WS.

Predurable Raptor has around 160k hp and is a fair representation of a typical low tier NM. How exactly, with even 3 melees, is it dying in that few weaponskills.

Anecdotal "You're wrong, I'm right" just doesn't work with such an argument. We all acknowledge that the sum of three Fudo at 100% is greater than 1 Rana at 300%. As long as we acknowledge that, there will always be an associated "time" it takes to catch up.

Lets also acknowledge the fact that there is delay on WS/JA and that you are still doing melee damage while you are building TP for AM3. So its not 1 WS vs 3 of another. You could argue the lost potential skillchain damage too, but mythics typically have much lower cycle times (and higher WS:TP split) so when AM is up you have far higher potential skillchain damage.

Both here and on BG you see the same things posted over and over by different people, and because its been a prevailing opinion for so long they just swallow it without a second thought. The reality in this case is that mythics are nowhere near as situational as they are made out to be, even with relatively short amounts of time engaged they will still do more damage.

Since this is supposed to be specifically about Glanz, Ascetic's fury is 'gamebreaking' in low ratio situations.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2014-06-27 12:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The *** in this thread is remarkable. You know why you keep bitching at Kenny? Because the man talks common sense. Every excuse I have heard so far in this thread is not backed up with anything credible just guesses.

I do not own a mythic but the concept really is not difficult to grasp is it... The slight adjustment to playstyle has been described as to how people maintain am3 when there is not constant mob engagement. Let's be honest with the improved ftp values at higher WS tp values being significantly better than ever before that first ws at 300 tp is stronger than ever.

All I see is people wishing they had a mythic so making excuses why am3 maintenance is "hard" and waaaaa sam is over powered...
By rcobb 2014-06-27 12:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Killkenny said: »
Logically, Ophannus argument does make sense, but the severity of the loss of three WS off the bat should be simply spreadsheeted to see the amount of time it takes for a Koga to catch up and surpass it.

What he said was so wildly inaccurate, it only serves to perpetuate this regurgitated BS that mythics are really situational. He suggested that a T1 or T2 NM in delve will die in the time it takes to get AM3 up and do 1 more WS.

Predurable Raptor has around 160k hp and is a fair representation of a typical low tier NM. How exactly, with even 3 melees, is it dying in that few weaponskills.

Anecdotal "You're wrong, I'm right" just doesn't work with such an argument. We all acknowledge that the sum of three Fudo at 100% is greater than 1 Rana at 300%. As long as we acknowledge that, there will always be an associated "time" it takes to catch up.

Lets also acknowledge the fact that there is delay on WS/JA and that you are still doing melee damage while you are building TP for AM3. So its not 1 WS vs 3 of another. You could argue the lost potential skillchain damage too, but mythics typically have much lower cycle times (and higher WS:TP split) so when AM is up you have far higher potential skillchain damage.

Both here and on BG you see the same things posted over and over by different people, and because its been a prevailing opinion for so long they just swallow it without a second thought. The reality in this case is that mythics are nowhere near as situational as they are made out to be, even with relatively short amounts of time engaged they will still do more damage.

Since this is supposed to be specifically about Glanz, Ascetic's fury is 'gamebreaking' in low ratio situations.

This guy has excellent taste in mythics.
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2014-06-27 12:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Reichleiu said: »

Thats because Glanz, unlike Ryu and Koga, is not a game-breaking weapon for MNK.
Yes, and that's a major reason MNK is so widely used having 1 MNK for formless and mantra is understandable the monks everywhere thing comes from this fact. Also though glanz has highest dps potential my personal opinion is thy vere wins out for overall dps and ease of use. It's downside is it's ridiculous price and lack of hmps
By rcobb 2014-06-27 12:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats because Glanz, unlike Ryu and Koga, is not a game-breaking weapon for MNK.
Yes, and that's a major reason MNK is so widely used having 1 MNK for formless and mantra is understandable the monks everywhere thing comes from this fact. Also though glanz has highest dps potential my personal opinion is thy vere wins out for overall dps and ease of use. It's downside is it's ridiculous price and lack of hmps

Vere is no bueno unless the mob is decent challenge or below. It is, however, easy to use.

Tell the people who you parsed against to use minimal accuracy with focus up to achieve AM3 much faster. Also, tell them to not be stupid and choose the right foods for the gear they're using.
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2014-06-27 12:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

rcobb said: »

Vere is no bueno unless the mob is decent challenge or below. It is, however, easy to use.

Tell the people who you parsed against to use minimal accuracy with focus up to achieve AM3 much faster. Also, tell them to not be stupid and choose the right foods for the gear they're using.
Where does food come into this discussion? And Vere damage comes from vs spamming. With correct buffs it does fantastic damage.
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-06-27 12:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

rcobb said: »

Where does food come into this discussion? And Vere damage comes from vs spamming. With correct buffs it does fantastic damage.

Your parse against another individual is proof of nothing other than the fact you engage/WS/use buffs faster than he does, i.e. irrelevant.

Vere is easier to use, but Glanz is also so easy to use its again irrelevant. If you actually *** up using a mythic to the point where its doing worse than something else in most scenarios, then you've probably had a frontal lobe lobotomy or have a serious mental defect.

All jobs damage comes largely from spamming a certain WS, Vereth is still worse than Glanz and comparable in cost.
 Carbuncle.Dagget
user: simbaa
By Carbuncle.Dagget 2014-06-28 11:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

This is just flat out wrong. Pre update Mythic monk could stay on par (or nearly) with a Koga SAM in Yorcia. (before the boss). It's that strong.

People grossly overestimate how "difficult" is it to maintain AM3 on one handed weapons. For any halfway decent player with hastes Glanzfaust obliterates the competition.

The harder the content the bigger the gap due to the fact Ascetic's Fury is easily twice as strong as V. Smite with a low C ratio.

Not to mention the focus augments.

For any content a monk is viable at all, assuming you're a competent player, Glanzfaust is going to be your best weapon for monk by a large margin.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-06-28 15:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

psst VS also does significantly more damage with glanzfaust than with verethragna when the attack bonus from ascetic's fury isn't contributing thanks to the 20 base damage it has more than it
By Ophannus 2014-06-28 15:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

How does 300% AM ODD with Vere stack up? 50% ODD seems like pretty amazing white damage. Would also be interesting if SE decides to give 119 emps +25-30% WS effect to emp ws(seeing as staff/club/bow emps are pretty worthless)
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-06-28 16:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Use a spreadsheet to determine how much damage you're losing?

What is it you're asking for?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-06-28 16:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It wouldn't be any better because you'd be building up to 300 as well without any help from oa2-3 and a shorter aftermath. If anything I wouldn't be surprised if the dps was lower than spamming at 100
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-06-28 17:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Felgarr said: »
If you have Spharai, Verethragna and Glanzfaust, can you tell me your personal experiences with each weapon?

I want to gather as much information as I can about Glanzfaust, to help me make a mythic weapon decision. I want first-hand experience, please.

Thank you.

Edit: I have Spharai and Verethragna, and am thinking about making a Glanzfaust.

well, honestly building a mythic is a journey and you do it for love of the job, don't do it for DPS.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-06-28 17:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »
If you have Spharai, Verethragna and Glanzfaust, can you tell me your personal experiences with each weapon?

I want to gather as much information as I can about Glanzfaust, to help me make a mythic weapon decision. I want first-hand experience, please.

Thank you.

Edit: I have Spharai and Verethragna, and am thinking about making a Glanzfaust.

well, honestly building a mythic is a journey and you do it for love of the job, don't do it for DPS.

wat
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-06-28 17:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

well, honestly building a Tinhaspa is a journey and you do it for the love of the job, don't do it for DPS.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-06-28 17:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah I'll never understand when people say that, either
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-06-28 17:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone pretty much went emo and hated on me cause I was gonna do ryu when it was good and my drg was 0.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Server: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-06-28 17:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
Someone pretty much went emo and hated on me cause I was gonna do ryu when it was good and my drg was 0.

Why would someone hate on you for something you decided to do with your own time/gil? That's what I don't understand...lol
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-06-28 17:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

don't worry I never understood neither
 Asura.Felgarr
user: Felgarr
By Asura.Felgarr 2014-06-28 18:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you everyone for replying and giving me a lot to think about, especially those that have the mythic weapons.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2014-06-28 18:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you everyone for replying and giving me a lot to think about, especially those that have the mythic weapons.

Make the glanzfaust! You know you want to! You've even dreamed of it already!