Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 447 448 449 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2015-03-24 12:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cause feels that's why !
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-03-24 12:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Call it rape for sympathy?
But for sure false accusations exist right and those are the real problem anyways lol...
Way to put words in my mouth.

Verbal rape.

What do cat call videos have to do with rape?
Cause men are evil and should be treated as such.
You quite literally wondered if they called it rape for sympathy.

The other is just what I take away from your posts on this today.

So videos about some women not liking men cat calling them or following them down the street to you means that men are evil and should be treated as such? I still don't understand what that has to do with rape.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-24 12:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Cause feels that's why !

I swear the way you guys all say this and then all repeatedly like it when others say it is some form of cyber circle wank.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-24 12:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Forget that post, go to the next one. I think it's more relevant.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-24 12:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So videos about some women not liking men cat calling them or following them down the street to you means that men are evil and should be treated as such? I still don't understand what that has to do with rape.

Women asserting that there are problems are all the same, and all of their problems are the same, and they're all just women complaining unjustly.

Where have you been?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-03-24 12:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Never mind you're trying over generalize things where I'm talking about a very specific case.

Here's a better question then: How can I take someone seriously when they claimed to be rape but yet there is no evidence?

Do I take each accusation with a grain of salt or completely serious and demonize the person they accuse without a second thought?
Treat it like every crime.

If someone is accused of assault, do you just ignore it? If someone is accused of murder do you not look into them at all? If someone is accused of theft do you just let em go anyways?

No one needs to or should be demonized. Not the man/woman accused nor the man/woman accusing.

Edit: That's that *** part of the court of public opinion. You put it out in the open and before all the facts are in and not even being privy to all the evidence available people make up their minds. Those minds do not share the same opinions either.

It's also not specific to rape cases.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-24 12:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Never mind you're trying over generalize things where I'm talking about a very specific case.

Here's a better question then: How can I take someone seriously when they claimed to be rape but yet there is no evidence?

Do I take each accusation with a grain of salt or completely serious and demonize the person they accuse without a second thought?

If someone is accused of assault, do you just ignore it? If someone is accused of murder do you not look into them at all? If someone is accused of theft do you just let em go anyways?

No one needs to or should be demonized. Not the man/woman accused nor the man/woman accusing.
An assault, there is visible proof if said assault occurs.

People usually show where and how they got assaulted. Murder there is a dead body present.

Rape though, let's say a man is claiming some woman raped her. How on earth can I tell if it's true?
By fonewear 2015-03-24 12:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

People usually show where and how they got assaulted. Murder there is a dead body present.

Rape though, let's say a man is claiming some woman raped her. How on earth can I tell if it's true?

Semen lots and lots of semen ! Plus Gloria Allred
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-24 12:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a trans component to this question, or is it just typos? It sort of drastically changes things.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-24 12:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »

Is there a trans component to this question, or is it just typos? It sort of drastically changes things.
Whoops, lol.

No.

Typo. I make them sometimes.
By fonewear 2015-03-24 12:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Please God let this turn into a trans gender bathroom rape !
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-24 12:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it socially acceptable if a woman claims she was raped to inspect her vagina and conclude, "Yeah it looks pretty roughed up." ? I'm going to go with no.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-03-24 12:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Go to the hospital. Rape kits. There is, in many cases, damage to the body in cases of rape. How would that be different than visible truama from assaults?

There is trauma involved in all cases too. People don't know what to do they wait to long or are afraid to come forward.

Let me ask you something. Are you saying if there is a lack of clear evidence in any crime, rape or otherwise, we should jsut let it go or something? I mean isn't the whole thing about investigating and finding out all of the facts?
By fonewear 2015-03-24 12:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just picturing a 1940's detective saying "Damn that vagina looks like it just got back from Vietnam !
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-24 12:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it socially acceptable if a woman claims she was raped to inspect her vagina and conclude, "Yeah it looks pretty roughed up." ? I'm going to go with no.

Sort of, actually?

It's kind of one of the shitty things about the situation. "You've just reported that you've been raped. Now we're going to callously inspect your genitals."

Which is where it would be nice if doctors and nurses these days tried to have some bedside manner with people who have allegedly been traumatized, but hey...
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-24 12:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean isn't the whole thing about investigating and finding out all of the facts?
Yes. But when no facts are present, your argument goes to well rape is a problem. Or so it seems.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-24 12:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Go to the hospital. Rape kits.
They have rape kits for men now?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-03-24 12:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean isn't the whole thing about investigating and finding out all of the facts?
Yes. But when no facts are present, your argument goes to well rape is a problem. Or so it seems.
Wouldn't that be the same for any crime? Wouldn't you have to investigate to find out if there are any facts out there to support the accusation?

What makes rape so different in your mind?
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-24 12:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just picturing a 1940's detective saying "Damn that vagina looks like it just got back from Vietnam !

Why would a 40s detective reference a war that took place 25 years later...
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-24 12:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like going to the sperm bank I would imagine !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-24 12:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »

Why would a 40s detective reference a war that took place 25 years later...

Cause I don't remember ! That's why !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-24 12:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't that be the same for any crime? Wouldn't you have to investigate to find out if there are any facts out there to support the accusation?

Only in your mind.

If somebody claimed to be robbed, but nothing was taken, and no signs of a robbery took place. I wouldn't be like oh well theft is a problem. No, I would be like are you crazy? Why did you claim a crime was committed when none took place?

Same thing if somebody claimed somebody else was murdered, only to find the person alive and well.
By fonewear 2015-03-24 12:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

In court it's called "rape beyond a reasonable doubt" ! (which I assume is something I just made up )

I don't know if I'd go to Rolling Stone to cover a rape thing. But that is just me.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-24 12:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh well you faked your own death, but murder is a problem. Said nobody ever.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-03-24 12:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Only in your mind.

If somebody claimed to be robbed, but nothing was taken, and no signs of a robbery took place. I wouldn't be like oh well theft is a problem. No, I would be like are you crazy? Why did you claim a crime was committed when none took place?

Same thing if somebody claimed somebody else was murdered, only to find the person alive and well.
Are you saying that there is never any evidence of rape ever?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-24 12:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

My point is, both men and women do crazy things for attention, including false claims of a crime. Whether it be rape, murder, robbery, etc.

The actual crimes that do get committed are a problem, but when somebody fakes it, it's a completely different problem separate from the real crimes that take place. Two different issues.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-24 12:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

While difficult if involving any sort of genital examination, given the nature of the penis, I'm sure that if the man were sodomized a medical exam would still reveal signs of trauma.
By fonewear 2015-03-24 12:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Reminds me of that book: "The girl that cried rape"

After a while people stopped believing her.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-24 12:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

My point is, both men and women do crazy things for attention, including false claims of a crime. Whether it be rape, murder, robbery, etc.

The actual crimes that do get committed are a problem, but when somebody fakes it, it's a completely different problem separate from the real crimes that take place. Two different issues.

This is actually a very good point, and it's why I dislike whenever a false rape accusation is proven, there's a group of people that jump on it as an excuse to say rape doesn't exist, or is overreported, or whatever else.

Rape is bad.

False rape accusations are bad.

There's not really equivelance between the two, though, outside of the common thread of rape. False rape accusations have as much to do with rapes being comitted as false traspassing allegations.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-24 12:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

There's always a group of people who will jump on anything. Pun not intended.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 447 448 449 ... 1375 1376 1377