Forum » FFXI » General » Security Token Errors
Security Token Errors
 Seraph.Hataki
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Symbah
By Seraph.Hataki 2009-08-02 10:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone having trouble logging on with Security Token? I've had a few times now that no matter how many times I put in passwords, it comes back as an error. It seems the only way for it to work is to wait 15-20 min for some reason.
 Bismarck.Ajah
Server: Bismarck
user: Ajah
By Bismarck.Ajah 2009-08-02 10:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, not yet, but I've only had mine for about a week now.

The only annoyance that I've had is that entering the SE password is thru the silly gamepad keyboard, but that's a just an irritation, not a show stopper.

Oh, and the simple fact that although the SE and Playonline password fields are cloaked, when you enter the one-time, it shows up clear as day...Seems to me that the underlying algorithm for a six # password would be relatively simple exercise for someone who could see this password a few dozen times, but then whaddoIknow...
 Seraph.Hataki
Server: Seraph
user: Symbah
By Seraph.Hataki 2009-08-11 10:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Happening again, time after time I put in passwords and it comes back error.. don't get this.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-08-29 12:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of error have you been getting?

I've been getting this:

User submitted image

I've checked the Square Enix ID, the Square Enix password, and even tried not using the one-time password and I keep getting this.
 Shiva.Drteeth
Server: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-08-29 12:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had mine since it was released, and the only time I ever got an error is when I entered the one-time password incorrectly. I dunno what's going on with yours. =/
 Pandemonium.Etolise
Server: Pandemonium
user: Etolise
By Pandemonium.Etolise 2009-08-29 13:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I had that problem when I first got mine. Spent almost an hour on the phone to SE customer services and they fixed it. (They hadn't seen a problem like it before in the UK).

Hope you get it sorted.
 Fairy.Zeph
Server: Fairy
user: Zeph
By Fairy.Zeph 2009-08-29 14:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Having the same problem : /
I'm sure by the time i have this fixed I'll be banned for having a non 3d secure credit card, or the witch hunt for banning people who vendor items will get me... things are getting ridiculous.
 Lakshmi.Antonios
user: jokstr
By Lakshmi.Antonios 2009-08-29 15:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got my token today and im having this problem anyone know how to fix im entering all the right info matching the SE account can anyone please help thanks
 Diabolos.Tsukoshi
Server: Diabolos
user: Tsukoshi
By Diabolos.Tsukoshi 2009-08-29 15:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I just tried to log on a few minutes ago, and I am also having the same exact problem. I wonder whats going on. I got my security token a long while ago actually. I hope that they get this fixed.
 Phoenix.Kylie
Server: Phoenix
user: Kylie
By Phoenix.Kylie 2009-08-29 15:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I have had this problem before. and found that the quickest way to resolve it is to go on your SquareEnix account and change your password
 Kujata.Aurica
Server: Kujata
user: Cartman
By Kujata.Aurica 2009-08-29 15:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what's up with you guys... I just logged in fine with my token after reading this.
 Siren.Leocon
Server: Siren
user: Leocon
By Siren.Leocon 2009-08-29 15:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I have two friends who both live together and both are unable to log in. We thought they were hacked, but the fact that both were hacked on the same night, with different passwords, different PCs, and both using different security tokens is a little suspicious, I'm wondering if something is wrong on SE's end. I'll have my friends try to change their SE passwords and see if that helps them.
 Garuda.Littledarc
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-08-29 16:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

i had this same problem. i called SE and they told me to wait 20 mins and try again and then it worked. i dunno if they fixed something on my token or what but it works fine now.
 Alexander.Aegiz
Server: Alexander
user:
By Alexander.Aegiz 2009-08-29 17:50:32
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Wardens said:
What kind of error have you been getting?

I've been getting this:

User submitted image

I've checked the Square Enix ID, the Square Enix password, and even tried not using the one-time password and I keep getting this.

The one time password must enter within 30 second or it will expired.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-29 19:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Aegiz said:

No, can be valid for way longer than that (some claims 30min, some 1hr+). 30 seconds = the time it'll be displayed on your token, that's it. However it will instantly expire as soon as you have successfully used it.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-08-29 22:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Aegiz said:

I turned off the one-time password. All I need to log in is the Square Enix password and I still get the exact same error. I also thought it could be that as well. But that isn't the case.
 Fenrir.Jerlow
Server: Fenrir
user: low5150
By Fenrir.Jerlow 2009-08-29 23:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure your caps lock is not on when entering the SE password that messed me up one time and i got the same error!
 Lakshmi.Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-08-29 23:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I made sure that wasn't on either. :/ Thank you very much for all the ideas. I'll try anything at the moment. I even just changed my Square Enix password and tried a few times, now I'm gonna wait a little then try again.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-08-29 23:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If you fail a password entry, there seems to be a cooldown. I failed an entry of the one-time, and it wouldn't work for around 15minutes. It's probably a safety precaution.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-08-29 23:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm... ok I'll try to wait a while before I try again then. But I waited about 5 hours earlier since I went out. lol

EDIT: Nope, I waited about half an hour after changing my password and it still didn't work.
 Lakshmi.Antonios
user: jokstr
By Lakshmi.Antonios 2009-08-30 00:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

i changed my password at like 4pm est its now Sunday 1:30 am and still nothing if anyone has any ideas please either way if tomorrow it don't get fixed SE getting a call from me and hopefully they can fix w/e is happening....
 Lakshmi.Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-08-30 13:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

figured out my problem.
or well my friend did lol

Go to your Square Enix Account Management page.
then Link Settings
Add Link
and make sure your Playonline Account is linked