U.S. Climate Has Already Changed, Study Finds

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » U.S. Climate Has Already Changed, Study Finds
U.S. Climate Has Already Changed, Study Finds
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 44 45 46
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-05-09 09:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
"It's snowing in winter; global warming is debunked!"

YouTube Video Placeholder

The Global Warming Scale of Concern

RED - Panic/hysteria and constant complaining... mostly on the internet
"the science is settled we have to act right now!!!" doing what? "IDK! BUT WE HAVE TO START RIGHT AWAY!!!!"

ORANGE - Agrees there is a problem, has no idea how to fix it, excepts none of the responsibility for causing it...
"global warming is bad, and I feel bad that YOU caused it!"

YELLOW - Occasionally concerned when they see things on tv... is sure the gubberment will figure it out sooner or later

AMISH Sack Cloth Colored - Has never heard of it and has no idea that anyone is complaining about it.

TIN FOIL - Believes Al Gore caused it to line his pockets and create a robot army to destroy america

RUST - Lives in the rust belt, hopes it gets here soon. Does everything in his power to make it happen faster.

AMERICAN FLAG COLORED - believes whatever fox news says, "wake me up after you sell the cure to china!"
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-05-09 09:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
On behalf of the entire north coast of the united states, I move to stall any action on global warming until the winters near lakes erie and michigan suck about 65%-75% less... and if it costs us florida in the process, you won't hear any complaining from us... thank you.

I like my Great Lakes winters, brutal as they can be. Please don't take them away from me. =\
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-05-09 09:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
On behalf of the entire north coast of the united states, I move to stall any action on global warming until the winters near lakes erie and michigan suck about 65%-75% less... and if it costs us florida in the process, you won't hear any complaining from us... thank you.

I like my Great Lakes winters, brutal as they can be. Please don't take them away from me. =\

I dunno I spent a winter staying on the coast of Lake Huron 2yrs ago, I can understand why people hate it so much.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-05-09 09:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

then move to north bay in canada!

SURF LAKE ERIE!!!

[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-05-09 09:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ours was brutal this year but they've been pretty tame for awhile before this one. I was starting to forget what real winter was like beyond it being cold lol..
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-05-09 09:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

hahaha at the Max Weinberg cameo.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-05-09 09:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

then move to north bay in canada! SURF LAKE ERIE!!!

I prefer sailing on Lake Erie. <3
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-05-09 09:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer sailing on Lake Erie. <3
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-05-09 09:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »
"Control" is not there to "control" you.

They used 59 years as a baseline. They have stated why they used it as a baseline. The 30 years they chose to show they also stated why.
Then they they regressed it to check for statistical significance.

This is simple statistics. (Not the regression they did, but the basic processes)
Wait, since when did I say that the baseline was there to control you?

Maybe I used the word wrong?

Edit: Doesn't look like it

Lookup baseline data.

They did not setup a control group., control for an experiment, or control for a variable.

So yes you used the wrong word. Everyone is shocked.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-05-09 09:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

***. That.

Drain the Lakes, build a wall high enough to redirect the jet stream, and set Canada permanently on fire just to block the Arctic cold.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-05-09 09:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
***. That. Drain the Lakes, build a wall high enough to redirect the jet stream, and set Canada permanently on fire just to block the Arctic cold.

There are places in the country that are different.

Move to Arizona. They've got soul-sucking constantly hot weather.

Or Texas!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-05-09 09:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like "climate change" isn't selling anymore so we need to re-brand it to "climate disruption".

This report is nothing but an exercise in "throw everything we have at the base to avoid the *** whooping that's coming in November. Besides, according to the polls no one cares...

I'd gather most people (at least in NE) can no longer give credit to the scam (humans are killing the planet) when they're living through an unusually cool winter that has kept temps in the 40 until may.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-05-09 09:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh. You have no idea the constant. ***. whining around here.

If you don't like the climate, MOVE.

I like Pennsylvania weather. Each season is its own beautiful thing.

It doesn't help that I like clouds and rain, too. Any time it's snowing or raining I deal with an office full of people going, "Look how ugly it is out there, ewwwwwwwwwwww."

Go *** yourself.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-05-09 09:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Looks like "climate change" isn't selling anymore so we need to re-brand it to "climate disruption".

This report is nothing but an exercise in "throw everything we have at the base to avoid the *** whooping that's coming in November. Besides, according to the polls no one cares...

I'd gather most people (at least in NE) can no longer give credit to the scam (humans are killing the planet) when they're living through an unusually cool winter that has kept temps in the 40 until may.
Were they all believing it last year then? WE had record high temps for the year the entire year here. Should we base it on a yearly evaluation? It was pretty warm this year... GLOBAL WARMING! It was cool this year... GLOABL WARMING IS A SCAM!

Winters here have been increasingly mild every year with exception to this winter that just passed.

People in NE don't believe it but people in LA do beleive it! omg! whatever should I believe!?!?!
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-05-09 09:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

And meanwhile, in DK, we had the 4th warmest April recorded.
Once again, let us repeat, weather does not equal climate.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Leysritt
user: Leysritt
By Ragnarok.Leysritt 2014-05-09 09:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I like my weather simply because it's nice and toasty in the summer. Get hot? Jump in the pool!
 Ragnarok.Leysritt
user: Leysritt
By Ragnarok.Leysritt 2014-05-09 10:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »

Actually it does, you know why they call a tropical rain forest that name? Tropical = warm and it's very humid down there. The temperature and the weather are the two main factors aside from the geographical location.

The terrain and weather dictates your climate, they both play huge factors. The weather brings in winds and rain and snow, and the terrain can either help or inhibit this weather from moving faster or slower.

The reason the climate is so crappy in LA, is because they got some huge hills trapping that air as ocean breezes hit the city. Beijing, it's like surrounded by hills and mountains, trapping that smog and whatnot which affects the climate.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-05-09 10:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh.

I'm too lazy to move and/or *** myself!

The problem with global climate whatever is three fold.

One, it's too goddamned slow for stupid people to notice. /snaps fingers.. we need it to happen fast or the tv viewers get bored people

Two, all of the solutions require a sacrifice to be made of some kind and americans are DONE with the whole sacrificing... thing.... give it a *** rest for ten minutes

Three, I haven't polled the rest of the country... But you could force anyone in akron to give a ***at gunpoint!!!

You should borrow obama's phone and pen if you want to get anything done on it in this life time.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-05-09 10:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

***. That.

Drain the Lakes, build a wall high enough to redirect the jet stream, and set Canada permanently on fire just to block the Arctic cold.

NOW WE'RE TALKING!!!!
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-05-09 10:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm too lazy to move and/or *** myself!

Yeah. That's what people aren't willing to admit all too often.

Though I will say the latter is easier than the former. If you're too lazy for the latter...well, you may not be properly handling your sexual health. You might want to see a physician.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-05-09 10:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're too lazy for the latter...well,

[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-05-09 10:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Leysritt said: »
Bahamut.Milamber said: »

Actually it does, you know why they call a tropical rain forest that name? Tropical = warm and it's very humid down there. The temperature and the weather are the two main factors aside from the geographical location.

The terrain and weather dictates your climate, they both play huge factors. The weather brings in winds and rain and snow, and the terrain can either help or inhibit this weather from moving faster or slower.

The reason the climate is so crappy in LA, is because they got some huge hills trapping that air as ocean breezes hit the city. Beijing, it's like surrounded by hills and mountains, trapping that smog and whatnot which affects the climate.

Um....no.
We'll just start with tropical being in the tropics, weather being the state of the atmosphere at a particular place and time, and climate being meteorological conditions over a long time period.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-09 10:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

***. That.

NOW WE'RE TALKING!!!!
You don't wanna set Canada on fire. We keep your beer cold.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-05-09 10:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Or Texas!

/sheds a tear for Lake Travis

Why haven't we had a damn flood since the late 1990's? The Colorado River valley used to be consistent.

I blame Bush KN!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-05-09 10:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

To the extent that it is happening, there is little that we can do to stop it. The climate just isn't sensitive enough to co2 to be able to largely deviate from any natural cycle. People would pretty much need to stop burning everything but wood (maybe even wood) as a fuel source to stop any increase.

Besides the globe would be better and capable of more human prosperity if it were a few degrees warmer. Think of all the extra food we could grow.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-09 10:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

To the extent that it is happening, there is little that we can do to stop it. The climate just isn't sensitive enough to co2 to be able to largely deviate from any natural cycle. People would pretty much need to stop burning everything but wood (maybe even wood) as a fuel source to stop any increase.

Besides the globe would be better and capable of more human prosperity if it were a few degrees warmer. Think of all the extra food we could grow.
We would also lose a lot of prospective food sources as well due to everything that comes with climate change.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-05-09 10:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Why haven't we had a damn flood since the late 1990's?
You forget 2002.

We had 2 "flood of the century" floods in a 4 year timespan. One in October of 1998, one in July of 2002.

But I guess some people would say that it was manmade floods....
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-05-09 10:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »

We would also lose a lot of prospective food sources as well due to everything that comes with climate change.
Nah, we can grow food pretty much everywhere it isn't cold
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-05-09 10:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Why haven't we had a damn flood since the late 1990's?
You forget 2002.

We had 2 "flood of the century" floods in a 4 year timespan. One in October of 1998, one in July of 2002.

But I guess some people would say that it was manmade floods....

I forgot which one almost swept away that animal sanctuary.

The Edwards Aquifer is at an all time low too.
By Jetackuu 2014-05-09 10:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Global warming debates always remind me of this

sums it up quite nicely
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 44 45 46