Lookin For Nyzul Isle Peepz.....(starting From Floor 0)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Sylph » Lookin for Nyzul Isle peepz.....(starting from floor 0)
Lookin for Nyzul Isle peepz.....(starting from floor 0)
 Sylph.Samchaos
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Samchaos
By Sylph.Samchaos 2009-07-28 23:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanna try to build a party...let me know if you down...hit me up on here or in game. Currently 3/6.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-28 23:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Might wanna say what jobs you're primarily looking for, or what jobs you have already. I can strongly reccommend rdm brd blu dd dd tank/dd
 Odin.Marigrim
user: Mmaarrii
By Odin.Marigrim 2009-07-28 23:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I would try going for something that allows a good clean boss floor run, or more over a good run on an odd floor like Poroggo's I HATE POROGGO FLOORS! anyway that said Solid DD's subbed nin do well as tanks, but be sure to have at least one spike magic damage bomber, you never know when time goes low on a pudding floor or Psyche Flayer floors. So RDM BLM BRD x3 DD (at least 1 SAM Third Eye + Shadows along with TP spam can save your butt in a fight sometimes) Anyway that's just my opinion it's always good to have that BLM in reserve, in my opinion no one can bomb better in a pinch with some bard support.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-28 23:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's totally down to personal preference, but I really don't rate BLM's in nyzul. They're okay I guess, but the amount of floors where a blm would really shine are totally out-numbered by the floors where they're just a really inefficient DD. Like, the amount of time you save on a general kill all floor by NOT having a blm, is more than you'd gain by having a blm on a flan floor. DD's might not be able to kill jellies and flans super fast, but they CAN be killed.

SAM is definitely great though, I'll agree with that. Since you're not fighting back-to-back they can be meditating while running from room to room. Also BRD with storm fife is awesome, and is probably the only job I would say you absolutely 100% have to have in nyzul isle, thanks to archaic gears and undead.
 Odin.Marigrim
user: Mmaarrii
By Odin.Marigrim 2009-07-29 00:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed. but a BLM isn't a waste of space though, it's not as productive but it's not a waste of a slot. It's not just the Flans it's more the Poroggo/Flayers when an extra MB can seriously save the day. Some BLM's just nuke bomb "No more MP!" the ones that conserve a bit for a big bomb blast they can be priceless - and can still hold up in a pinch. But Subbing out a BLM for a BLU is more or less as good you have heal/stun/DD you only lack the extra BAM~ how do ya like me now! MB power in a SAM WAR DD set up. SO no a BLU isn't a bad idea if they are Geared like Blazza is anyway, boo boo gear on a BLU leave much to be desired.
 Shiva.Drteeth
Server: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-07-29 00:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather have a COR than a BRD in Nyzul. At least a COR can deal damage along with buffs. In my Nyzul experience, BRD is just dead weight.

My static climbing was: MNK NIN SAM COR RDM WHM. Never had one problem.

Farming: THF SAM SAM COR RDM WHM.

Edit: Sometimes the COR would switch to RNG for fun.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-29 00:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, brd is dead weight but you take whm? <_<
 Shiva.Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-07-29 00:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sleeping mobs was of little importance when they die so quickly. And I can't justify bringing a job that just buffs and sleeps when I can bring a job that can deal damage and buff, or bring a job that can heal.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-29 00:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Well don't get me wrong, I don't for one minute think there's only one way of doing it, and each to their own, if it works for you then that's all good.

I just don't see the logic. rdm/whm and brd/whm should be able to give all the healing you need, so that would allow you to swap your cor for a heavier DD and still have healing and buffs covered.

Again, not saying my build is the only way to do things, but we've done multiple ten floor runs, so we must be doing something right.
 Odin.Karusan
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-07-29 00:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the derails OP, hopefully you will get people that want to join, finding randoms to do Nyzul is generally hard because you don't know what they're like and from many threads in this forum can end badly.

/derail

I've been BRD in my Nyzul static and I'd say we haven't lost a run for at least a year if not more. When we were climbing floors I know we failed a few times due to dahaks or chariots and trying to go for more than 5 floors but a lot of the time we would follow that up with climbing 10 floors in a single run. I hardly think if BRD was dead weight we would be able to do 10 floors.

What you really want to say is that a bad BRD is dead weight and I agree. As BRD I think it my job to put songs up, pull, sleep, debuff(especially finale flayers), cure/na, find mobs and take us up to the next floor.

Our group was MNK SAM THF BLU(blazza) BRD(myself) RDM. To me I would say your group having 2 healers was dead weight but I'm sure you'd say some reason why you needed 2 healers. It's the same with any group, as long as people know what they're doing and perform to their best then you shouldn't have a problem. Which goes back to my first paragraph where I said good luck to the OP coz they'll need it.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-29 00:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, last time we failed a run was when you quit the game for a few months.

Edit: and yeah, sorry about /derails, I started it <_<
 Shiva.Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-07-29 00:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Our group was kind of weird. The RDM would usually scout ahead and pull/sleep mobs while the DDs took care of a few. Then she would debuff/enfeeble everything that needed to be. The WHM was there for cures and Repose if Sleep II wouldn't land. I'm sure BRD works in your setup quite well, but I've gone with BRDs before, and they were just kinda...meh. I will admit that was most likely due to them being shitty BRDs.

Whatever works, though. :3
 Odin.Karusan
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-07-29 01:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I do know what you mean because there are a lot of bad BRD's out there.
Hell, in a merit pt I was in last night the 74BRD didn't have a minuet horn which is a level 4 instrument. It just shocks me sometimes how bad bards can be.
 Shiva.Dwyte
user: dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2009-07-29 01:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

my group goes rdm, blu, blu, sam, thf, then last person either is on drk/sam/rng..n win just about every time, hope that helps :P
 Sylph.Samchaos
By Sylph.Samchaos 2009-07-29 07:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn lol I didn't realize my post would be bombarded by replies. Thanks for the suggestions. Too bad your all in different servers. And by the way I should have mentioned before, it has to be THF friendly since it's my only 75 job. So far setup is:

Me: THF/NIN
2nd: SAM/NIN
3rd: NIN/WAR
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-30 07:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

*bump*

Samchaos is looking for a rdm brd and blu interested in doing nyzul isle from floor 100.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-30 07:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If only this was Ramuh. >.<;
 Sylph.Kehl
user: Kehl
By Sylph.Kehl 2009-07-30 07:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

When ive done Nyzul the best setup i have seemed to have is
SAM/NIN SAM/NIN WAR/SAM with Oils and Powders BLU/NIN THF/NIN and WHM/SCH seems to work and win everytime
 Sylph.Samchaos
By Sylph.Samchaos 2009-07-31 10:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

so I need a BLU/NIN, WHM/SCH and either a SAM/NIN or WAR/SAM and then my setup is complete? or do you have some other suggestion?

p.s. thank you blazza..you seem kool...you bumped....i appreciate that
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-31 11:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well my personal preference from what you have now would be to add blu brd rdm. But the most important thing really is that all 6 members, regardless of what jobs you end up getting, all know what they're doing. It's quite common in nyzul isle to get a floor that can be completed in 30 seconds to a minute (lamps with one lamp or kill one mob that's close by). I've had runs with inexperienced people where these simple floors have taken 5 minutes.

So a super quick guide on how my group does nyzul:

------------------------------------

The jobs:
There are many set-ups that work, but this is how my group does it.

blu/nin: kill ***, occasionally sleep (not often), nuke slimes (regurgitation is good) and flans (heat breath, regurg, digest, magic hammer).
mnk/nin: kill ***, good tank on boss.
thf/nin: kill ***, flee to rune if we end up miles away (it happens)
sam/nin: kill ***, /nin for cheap sneak/invis and for survivability on boss
rdm/whm: cure, refresh, sleep, nuke (slimes/puddings)
brd/whm: Has probably the most important job in my group, spends most of the time exploring and pulling mobs while the rest of us kill. If it's a floor where we kill everything, then he's constantly pulling to save us travelling time and let us kill back to back. If it's kill a certain mob type, he'll sneak and invis (where needed) find one of the mob, lullaby it, then sneak and invis back to us to pull the mob past several mobs back to the party, meaning we don't all have to sneak through the entire level all the time. Brd is also THE only job that can safely pull gears if there are more than one together and you're not allowed to agro them, horde lullaby is the only way to do this. Brd and blu are also the only jobs capable of dispelling ice spikes on flayers, which is a mob you will have to face often, and they will ALWAYS cast ice spikes.

The floors:
Each floor can be summed up in one word, and one person should check the runic lamp at the start of each floor and say that one word so the rest of the party knows what to look for.

Enemy: Kill one normal mob that checks Impossible to Gauge, make sure you know your NM's and don't waste time killing some obscure shitty NM you've never heard instead of the right mob if you're short on time.

Enemies/Family: Kill a family of ToAU mobs, they will check Impossible to Gauge. These mobs can be: Ebony Puddings, Heraldic Imps, Racing Chariots, Psychflayers, Assorted Qiqirns, Porrogos, (maybe one more?).

All: Defeat all mobs. Every single mob on the floor must be killed, regular mobs, NM's and the rampart (there's one rampart on every floor). The only exception is Archaic Gears, explained below.

Leader: There will be one special coloured ToAU monster that will be Impossible to gauge. It can be of any of the same family as the "enemies" floors, but will have pretty colours. Floors 20, 40, 60, 80, 100 will always be leader of course. 20, 40 will be either Behe, Aspid or Faf, 60, 80, 100, will be Khim, Hydra or Cerb. Floor 100 can be especially dangerous as the bosses have access to their nastiest TP moves that they don't have access to on 60 and 80, in particular, Cerberus uses Gates of Hades after 20% which is nasty business.

Lamps: Activate the lamps. There are three different types of lamp floors, and you will not know which until you find the first lamp. Hit the lamp, read what it says, then press escape (do NOT hit the lamp).

Same Time: All lamps (there will be 3 4 or 5) must be hit within 30 seconds of each other. It is possible for one person to hit up to 3 lamps if they're all in adjacent rooms.

Order: All lamps (there will be 3 4 or 5) must be hit in a specific order. This is one that brings a lot of people unstuck. Everyone should split up, make sure not to agro anything, and hunt down lamps. One person should be in charge of giving instructions, and should start by asking "who has lamp". Anyone that has found a lamp should respond with /, and stay by the lamp. As soon as three lamps are found, the person giving instructions should say "the order is person A, B, C, go". Person A hits lamp and types /, person B and C do the same in order. If there are only three lamps, they will now light up, and the other two people can stop looking, if there are more lamps, the other two people should say when they find them, and the person giving instructions should add them to the end of the order.
When all lamps are found and have been hit, they will light up, they will stay lit for about 10 seconds, then fade if they were hit in the wrong order. If your lamp goes out you should say "off", if other people say off and yours is still on, you should say "on".
Example: Order was person A, B, C, D, E. All lamps have been hit, A, B, D say off, C and E, say on. So we know C and E were hit in the right order, so we move everyone else foward one spot. New order is B, D, C, A, E. Person B hits his lamp and says /, as does D, C, A, E in that order. Notice that C and E have to hit their lamps again EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE STILL ON. This will either result in the floor complete, or C and E being the only people with their lamps still on again. If so, new order is D, A, C, B, E, and the floor should be complete, if the floor is NOT complete, then someone has *** up and it's quicker to just start the order again.

One: There is only one lamp on the floor, EVERYBODY in the party must hit it. It's generally best for everyone to split up and go searching on all lamp floors, but pay attention, because if there's one lamp you may find yourself way over on the other side of the map and have to come back. These floors can literally be over in 30 seconds sometimes.

The other stuff:

Archaic Gears: suck. Any floor except 20 40 60 80 100 can have an additional objective, written under the primary objective when you check the rune at the start of the floor. These are:
Do not AGRO gears: If you AGRO a gear (they detect true sight/sound, JA and magic) you will be penalised in any number of ways, it can be a time penalty, a potential token reward penalty, or an incumberance. Incumberances can most definitely get you killed and ruin your run. Incumberances can be any stat down, any type of magic unusable or ja/ws unusable. So if you agro a gear, you can get white magic locked off for that floor, which is very very bad, unless you have a dnc blu or smn, you could very well be ***. Depending on what your mission is for this floor, you can often just avoid the gears, but sometimes you have to pull them out of your way. This can only be done with /ra or brd songs (MAYBE magic from max distance, but don't think so). If there are two gears right next to each other, the ONLY way to do this is with horde lullaby, if you use /ra or any single target song, the other gear will link and count as agro, potentially crippling you. Also note that gears link with ramparts. Also note that when you hit a lamp, you lose hate on any mob you have hate on, this means that if you safely pull a gear, sleep it, then hit a lamp, you will lose hate and can RE-AGRO it, which will still get you a penalty. Once you have safely pulled a gear, you are free to kill it, but it's generally easier to keep them slept unless you start to get a back-log of them.

Do not KILL gears: This one is generally a lot simpler, because you just have to avoid gears at all costs, and keep any slept that you do agro. However, sometimes there are certain floors where it's next to impossible to avoid a few of these, and the sleepers can start getting overwhelmed with gears.

Dahaks: Every now and then you will come across a Dahak, I'm pretty sure they'll only turn up on floors where you have to kill everything, so if you see one, you'll have to kill it. Only once in my year and half+ of nyzul isle have I seen more than 1 in a run. They're *** annoying, and can easily wipe an unprepared group. We prefer to keep them silenced so that they can't use nullsong, and then the blu concentrates on head butting Body Slam. If you have no blu, it's probably best to NOT silence them, and click off all your buffs except utsu and probably haste, as nullsong does more damage depending on how many buffs you have. Petro eyes is ridiculously hard to stun, and I don't think turning away from it helps. For this reason your melee should space themselves out around the dahak, as well as the mages, so that two people don't get hit by this move at once. If you have no whm or sch, it's a good idea to have one of your support crew buy a cleric's drink, as this will remove petrification. Cleric's drinks also come in handy for removing bio and blind from flayers, as well as random crap from random NM's on occasion or from the some of the bosses.

Incumberances: I mentioned that you can get these from *** up on a floor with archaic weapons, but you can also randomly get an incumberance on any floor. Sometimes it won't matter a damn, like you might get CHR down, or even something like no summoning magic when you don't have a summoner, but sometimes these can HURT. No white magic, no ninjutsu, and no weapon skills are all killers, and two of these are big reasons why I say it's great to have a blu in your party. Blu can heal when white magic is restricted, and can also deal out big damage without weapon skills. The fight that I finally got my denali legs on we got no white magic on the boss floor, yet I main healed and we had no issues (it wasn't a particularly hard boss). I also strongly reccommend all melee buy a fanatic's drink for all boss fights. 1 minute of invincibility is godly, the only boss that will give you any sort of trouble with a fanatic's drink on is lolaspid with his breath spams.

Bonuses: Just like Incumberances, you can also get random bonuses, specific stat boosts, flurry (haste that stacks with haste) and regain are about all I can think of, but they're a nice little bonus.

Free Floors: Very rarely will you see one of these. It is a floor that the runic lamp will be active the moment you're on the floor, and you can immediately go to the next floor. Unless you are VERY short on time though, I reccommend you do NOT go straight to the next floor. These floors are loaded with chests with all sorts of goodies. Spend a couple minutes running around looting the chests and you'll be an absolute god when you get to the boss floor.

NM's: There are a stack of NM's in Nyzul Isle, they will all drop a chest with a ??? item that has a chance of appraising to the main drop of that NM. We've seen a V.bow, Multiple of those staves from Roc, Retaliators, Blood Bead Ring, a few Leaping Boots and a whole bunch of other crap. For the most part, these NM's are crap, but if you're a good group and you know you have enough time, you can be pleasantly rewarded by killing an NM that drops something you want. We ALWAYS kill Sim, Serket, Bloodbead, Western (or Eastern? can never remember) Shadow and a few others when we see them.

If you really want to be successful in Nyzul Isle, it's important that all 6 of your members know this whole guide off the top of their head. Above all else though, it's also important that everyone pays attention. Going afk for any amount of time not acceptable (what happens if you get a floor with one lamp? That's right, you wait). Not paying attention and killing the wrong ***/agroing stuff unnecessarily can cost precious time. Not paying attention and *** up the order of lamps can waste SO much time. Knowing what all types of mobs agro to is also really quite important and can save you time, if you come to a room full of fish and plants that you don't need to kill, it's good to know that you only need sneak and not invis, etc. *** this up and using invis and not sneak might get you killed, and if it doesn't it will still probably waste a lot of time.

Time is precious!
 Odin.Mugeded
user: bert92020
By Odin.Mugeded 2009-07-31 12:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

nicly done blazza. hope my static group would start reading this to get their feet wet on nyzul isle...
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-31 12:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

MULEY MULEY MULEY!
 Odin.Mugeded
By Odin.Mugeded 2009-07-31 12:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

just to break this dumb freaken rumor on remparts... does it actually increase the chance of the item drop on boss runs by killing these guys or just leave them alone? i kept getting mix messages from different players.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-31 12:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

All rumor in my opinion. We used them to tp on for a long long time and had pretty shitty drop rates, then we heard the rumour that not killing them increased drop rates. So we left them alone and had, you guessed it, pretty shitty drop rates. These days we tp on them if they're in the way, otherwise we just let them wander around up the back of the room.
 Odin.Mugeded
By Odin.Mugeded 2009-07-31 12:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah... as you said right on the guide time is the most important things during the climb dont want to waste your time killing worthless things. i usually just ignor them on climbs, and boss floors
 Odin.Ahligieri
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-07-31 13:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

My group made sure to take a blu, thf, sam and rdm.

Blu - can handle itself, different elements of sleep, and isn't useless if you get a "white magic restricted" floor.
Thf - boss floors!
Sam - can just about solo all nyzul bosses if they know what they are doing.
Rdm - duh

Also I would do nyzul while on skype or vent. It helps so much.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-31 13:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I only skype with the brd, and that's usually just talking *** :p There is a bit of game talk mixed in there though which does help even though it's only 1/3 of the members.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-07-31 13:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my fav pass time

only if I could have more tags =/
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
user: Katniss