Forum » FFXIAH.com » Help » Nothing works ; ;
Nothing works ; ;
 Asura.Raitoken
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2014-02-25 09:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So I came back to the game and tranfered my character to a different server requiring a name change. Upon doing so everything on FFXIAH broke for me. I thought making a new account would be the best move so I did that. Well same problems.

The link to the LS community website isn't working at all. Prior to 5 days ago I could actually see my character and my gear, now whenever I go to the URL I get this error from the site "The server is currently busy and will be unable to properly transmit data. Please try again later."

Now some say they wont update the LS community site anymore so this is why but why was it letting me connect before and not now?

Also my merits have been broken since I came back. Before I transferd I could manually change my merits. Now I get the hand icon when I mouse over them but which I click them they don't change blue and update. Is this broken too?

Any help would be appreciated as every post I've come across is years old and seems to be other issues.
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-02-25 09:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

When you move to another server, your "original character data" is deleted from the origin server and is moved to the target server as a "new character" so all the links with the LSCOM site will be broken.

Your character will be given a new "ID" (that hexadecimal number you see at the "USER" folder within FFXI files are that specific character "ID") and on the target server it's dealt with as a new character...

Your progress is stored on your character data, but you have a brand new ID.

So yes, you need to "start over" with a new profile here and at LSCOM site.

Just do the auction stuff to activate your character in the new server (I am assuming you already did that part alright) then get yourself into a LS (or make yourself one, whatever please you the most) and make your char appear on the LS Community site under the new server.

That new link should work for this service.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Raitoken
Server: Asura
user: raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2014-02-27 22:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mariane said: »
When you move to another server, your "original character data" is deleted from the origin server and is moved to the target server as a "new character" so all the links with the LSCOM site will be broken.

Your character will be given a new "ID" (that hexadecimal number you see at the "USER" folder within FFXI files are that specific character "ID") and on the target server it's dealt with as a new character...

Your progress is stored on your character data, but you have a brand new ID.

So yes, you need to "start over" with a new profile here and at LSCOM site.

Just do the auction stuff to activate your character in the new server (I am assuming you already did that part alright) then get yourself into a LS (or make yourself one, whatever please you the most) and make your char appear on the LS Community site under the new server.

That new link should work for this service.

How do I start over on the LS community site?

When I log in and select the character it keeps giving me this error. I don't know how to fix it. I don't know how to delete it or undo anything. There is no option to start over or whatnot. I am a part of the Reddit linkshell and it is already attached.

What can I do from here? I tried attaching my guildwork to it but as part of the process it asks me to go to the same page that is blocking me in the first place so I cant. /sigh