users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Anchorite Set vs Hesychast Set
Anchorite Set vs Hesychast Set
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-02-18 11:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Only comparing relevant stats and not including JA effects.

Head
12 Def (Anch)
46 HP (Hesy)
3 STR (Anch)
-6 Enmity (Hesy)
10 SB (Hesy)

Body
Don't know Hesy 119 body yet, so comparing 109 bodies...
8 Def (Anch)
51 HP (Hesy)
5 STR (Anch)
1 VIT (Anch)
2 Counter (Hesy)
2 Regen (Hesy)

Gloves
12 Def (Anch)
20 HP (Hesy)
8 STR (Anch)
23 Acc (Hesy)
23 Atk (Hesy)
1% Haste (Anch)
3 SB (Hesy)

Legs
Don't know Hesy 119 legs yet, so comparing 109 legs...
8 Def (Anch)
54 HP (Hesy)
10 Dex (Hesy)
5 Vit (Anch)
20 Guard (Anch)
4 Counter rate (Anch)
10 KA (Hesy)
8 SB (Hesy)

Feet
9 Def (Anch)
51 HP (Hesy)
4 STR (Hesy)
1 DEX (Anch)
5 Eva (Anch)
Counter dmg 18 (Hesy)
KA dmg 80 (Anch)

It's interesting that Anchorite is consistently higher in defense but consistently lower in additional hp. Also kinda interesting that Anchorite has the same, or higher, strength on every slot except feet.

Looking at how Hesychast stats progress from 109 to 119, I would guess the 119 Hesy Legs will get 12% or 13% Kick Attack rate. These paired with 119 Anchorite Feet will probably be better than Otronif for TP. At least I hope so. I know I'm not the only one that hates stupid-random-luck-based-gil-sink augments.

The 119 body will probably be a really big disappointment. It will most likely have less str than 119 Anchorite and probably the same dex. I'll 109 it just so that I'm a little more durable in my idle set, but I probably won't 119 it even if it does get Regen +3.

The hands I will definitely take to 119, along with the legs when they are released. Although I'm pretty annoyed the hands are only 4% haste. Maybe it's a mistake? Might do the feet for the extra counter rate during Counterstance, but probably not until I work on other jobs.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-02-24 17:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The relic hands should be useful for fights like AA where you needs lots and lots of accuracy? The relic feet will be nice for lowman/solo stuff (Salvage2).
[+]
 Asura.Gabba
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Gabba 2014-02-24 18:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

before SOA, did you use any of those piece normally?.. relic hands probably...

Will be the same... in few months when they release Revamped Empy Gear.. back to the "past" 3-4/5 Empy + Thaumas body.

So wait few months and do the comparison again...
By WhiteLighter 2014-02-25 22:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Idn i think most of the relic and artifact gear is only really used for WS if that just job ability's. Its hard to be skirmish gear with double atk 2% for gloves and feet.. Relic gloves are really only good if you need acc. idn just what the spreedsheets say.