users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Looking to get a Mythic
Looking to get a Mythic
 Valefor.Flameblade
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Flameblade 2014-01-29 20:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So I will be returning soon, I stopped because the game got boring, and I am looking to get the PUP mythic. I am wondering if PUP could solo most of the salvages or at least the ones that drop lots of Alex. If not I also have BLU and BST so those are also options. I was looking for a strategy, sets of armor, which salvage I can do and anything else that might help. My PUP is pretty well geared and same with my BLU, I will also be upgrading when I get back. Any help would be fantastic.
 Asura.Aerox
Server: Asura
By Asura.Aerox 2014-01-29 20:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I do a lot of BR2 mnk/dnc using the record of eminence lvl117 gear, huge evasion bonus makes it easy. I'd imagine pup would have a easy time of it with it's puppet :)

Managed to solo cerb too even with his pdt boosts though not tried HQ yet, probably a better zone you can farm for alex.
 Valefor.Flameblade
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Flameblade 2014-01-29 20:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, good to know ^^ I will definitely have to look into Salvage II. I used to solo tier I but I think with the new gear it will be easy to do II
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-02-09 12:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Flameblade said: »
So I will be returning soon, I stopped because the game got boring, and I am looking to get the PUP mythic. I am wondering if PUP could solo most of the salvages or at least the ones that drop lots of Alex. If not I also have BLU and BST so those are also options. I was looking for a strategy, sets of armor, which salvage I can do and anything else that might help. My PUP is pretty well geared and same with my BLU, I will also be upgrading when I get back. Any help would be fantastic.

PUP is probably the most-favorable job to do Salvage 2 on? You can solo any zone but BR2 pretty easily, I've watched my wife do them. Getting Protect V/ Shell V is very nice, and an Oat PUP using Stringing Pummel dishes out very good damage on the trash mobs that you find in Salvage.

I would be hesitant to try HQ boss in BR2, though. You can't bypass his PDT on puppetmaster. It would be a long fight. Maybe you could use BLM auto and nuke him down, if you subbed DNC.
By Presidentmerman 2014-02-09 12:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I just go with RDM puppet and do it just fine with a stack of remedies