Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 153 154 155
 Ragnarok.Azryel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2014-02-05 20:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a WS question: is Shoha worth keeping if I have Fudo and Kaiten? Shoha seemed worthwhile uncapped when I just had Fudo to fall back on, but now that I got around to making my Amano 119 I’m wondering if it's still worth having…

I’d appreciate any thoughts on the matter. Thanks.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-02-05 20:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

shoha is still useful when you're underbuffed, but you could do fine with just fudo.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-02-06 15:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
shoha is still useful when you're underbuffed, but you could do fine with just fudo.
I really wouldn't go skipping shoha, it will severely crush fudo if you don't have proper atk.
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2014-02-06 15:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm kinda curious as to how bad your Attack has to be to lose out to shoha's attack buff considering the gigantic fTP advantage it has.

Also, on a lot of crap now, your accuracy is a big deal with Shoha and ACC for the second hit will play a significant role correct?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-02-06 16:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
I really wouldn't go skipping shoha, it will severely crush fudo if you don't have proper atk.

For a person who has to choose between several WS, losing Shoha is a smaller loss than some. Even having it at 1/5 is probably sufficient for people who aren't hardcore SAMs. I've noticed as well, that when you're lacking attack in amounts high enough for Shoha to win handily, you're likely short on accuracy as well, to which Fudo weathers much better.
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
Server: Carbuncle
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-02-06 18:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

5/5 Shoha is a far bigger advantage to sam than most other merit WS are to other jobs(requiescat/reso probably edge it out in overall benefit). Its a pointless debate though since you may value a smaller improvement on a job you play more often/care more about.

Accuracy is only going to be relevant on harder difficulty AA/nexus/fulcrum (maybe Mastop without enough debuffs?), its also easy to WS in as much accuracy as you tp in with only minor concessions in str/DA. If your tp accuracy is also insufficient then you're using the wrong setup.
 Ragnarok.Daffel
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2014-02-07 03:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nikia said: »
this set:
ItemSet 317396

Is this pretty much what SAM's should aim for to TP in these days? (Apart from yoichi which I have no intentions on making, although I imagine dynamis is even more laughable these days.)

Had another short break as work has been crazy and wondering what I should be looking at. My SAM and WHM are so dated these days :'( but looking to come back some time in Feb when I have a little more free time ^.^

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Daffel
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2014-02-07 05:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Daffel said: »
this set:
ItemSet 317396

Is this pretty much what SAM's should aim for to TP in these days? (Apart from yoichi which I have no intentions on making, although I imagine dynamis is even more laughable these days.)

Had another short break as work has been crazy and wondering what I should be looking at. My SAM and WHM are so dated these days :'( but looking to come back some time in Feb when I have a little more free time ^.^

Yoichi SAM is just nuts, Namas is so much fun and on Delve content like Tojil having Piercing and Slashing bonuses is lovely.

I have lots of yoichi SAM friends that love it too. Not sure how Masa fairs up these days against the other similar weapons. May just sell off my 750 plates and cinders and take a look at making a Yagrush. When I was back before Christmas, nobody did plate mobs anymore so finishing is looking close to impossible =/
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2014-02-07 05:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Without accounting for DA/TA/QA procs, Fudo at 200tp is handily less than Namas in capped Attack situations on neutral mobs, even with Overwhelm. On anything where you get good buffs/debuffs but cannot get full time benefit of Overwhelm, Yoichi is going to be the absolute best weapon a SAM can have. Cannot stress enough how awesome Yoichi is. I recently got into a string of Tojils on SAM for the first time. That was the most fun I'm ever had as a DD in FFXI aside from when I first got to Zerg/Apoc. Piercing weaknesses are the stuff happy thoughts and unicorns are made of.
[+]
 Cerberus.Reiden
Server: Cerberus
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2014-02-07 09:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I havent been able to test this yet but wanted to ask incase anyone else knew the answer.
For Namas SAMs doing Muyingwa, will Namas out perform Apex the entire fight or do I need to keep apex merited just for that one fight?

sorry for double post just wanted to bump this since I am really still curious if I can dump Apex merits if not needed for Delve bee's Defense bonus.
Thanks.

If you need to use the merits on another ws, i say dump Apex.
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-02-07 11:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I havent been able to test this yet but wanted to ask incase anyone else knew the answer.
For Namas SAMs doing Muyingwa, will Namas out perform Apex the entire fight or do I need to keep apex merited just for that one fight?

sorry for double post just wanted to bump this since I am really still curious if I can dump Apex merits if not needed for Delve bee's Defense bonus.
Thanks.

Its not a defense bonus its DT

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-02-07 12:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Was just looking what bgwiki had. Either way is apex needed to bypass the damage resistance or will namas work just as well?

I don't "need" the merits to be in another WS but it would be nice not to have a WS merited for just one or a handful of fights.

The times when Apex's bypass def property are relevant, Namas still probably beats it by a fair bit.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-02-07 12:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Brain said: »
Without accounting for DA/TA/QA procs, Fudo at 200tp is handily less than Namas in capped Attack situations on neutral mobs, even with Overwhelm. On anything where you get good buffs/debuffs but cannot get full time benefit of Overwhelm, Yoichi is going to be the absolute best weapon a SAM can have. Cannot stress enough how awesome Yoichi is. I recently got into a string of Tojils on SAM for the first time. That was the most fun I'm ever had as a DD in FFXI aside from when I first got to Zerg/Apoc. Piercing weaknesses are the stuff happy thoughts and unicorns are made of.

Without Overwhelm, will Yoichi beat Koga? I find that surprising.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-02-07 15:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Remora.Brain said: »

Without Overwhelm, will Yoichi beat Koga? I find that surprising.
Depending on attack, yeah. Something to note, koga as a solo DD gains some really huge advantages in skillchain damage too. To the point that you can pretty much mimick your damage in skillchains if done properly. These situations are rare, but if you find yourself in them it's absolutely worth looking into. Did it a lot on outside delve NMs before they added AAs.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-02-07 15:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Was just looking what bgwiki had. Either way is apex needed to bypass the damage resistance or will namas work just as well?

I don't "need" the merits to be in another WS but it would be nice not to have a WS merited for just one or a handful of fights.

The times when Apex's bypass def property are relevant, Namas still probably beats it by a fair bit.

Forgive me but didnt quite catch that. Are you saying even though the bypass IS relevant to Apex it doesnt matter because Namas will still win out?

I'm saying even if it is (though I'm not sure what it would be relevant on currently) Namas is still going to beat it.
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2014-02-07 20:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You can self-skillchain with any weapon, Amanomurakumo/Tsurumaru/Kogarasamaru/Eminent Lance, without Meditate/Konzen/Hagakure as long as you have Haste and a March. Without Haste/March you need a Kogarasamaru's AM3 to keep TP coming in at a speed high enough to consistently self-skillchain.

Namas should outdo Apex in every realistic situation you'll ever be in, period. I'm really hoping SE releases new Ammo with SAM on it because I'm really loving Yoichi and SE's blunder with Raaz Arrows got my hopes up that they meant for SAM to be on them.

As it stands right now, assuming great buffs and debuffs, and not in a region with Ionis:

Amanomurakumo/Yoichinoyumi > Kogarasamaru >>> Amanomurakumo > Masamune

If you have Ionis, you can place Tsurumaru/Yoichinoyumi at the top of the food chain and Tsurumaru ahead of Amanomurakumo, but without Ionis I'm pretty sure it's not worth mentioning if you have any other 119 GK.

Again this list is for when you're in well buffed groups with the assumption you won't be Overwhelming every WS and you're not sitting on TP for some reason. If you get overwhelm on every WS, keep AM3 up, and don't sit on TP for too long, Kogarasamaru can pull ahead. If you slack on WS spam at as close to 100tp as you can get it, Namas suffers a lot from lack of any gain from overflow TP.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-02-07 20:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk what I could have been doing wrong, but I was never able to self SC with a 100% reliability without koga. If you mean SC often, yeah. I mean consistently pulling off multi step SC without luck playing a factor.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-02-07 21:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's easy to 100% sc with marches and any 5 hit

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Depending on attack, yeah. Something to note, koga as a solo DD gains some really huge advantages in skillchain damage too. To the point that you can pretty much mimick your damage in skillchains if done properly. These situations are rare, but if you find yourself in them it's absolutely worth looking into. Did it a lot on outside delve NMs before they added AAs.

During VW as solo dd, 35-40% of the total damage I do is from skillchains alone. 9k average on light skillchains with a high (so far) of 17.5k is kinda cool

Rana > Fudo for am and then Kasha > Shoha > Fudo all day erry day.

unless I'm missing a better way to double light with koga and I'm an idiot, that's a high possibility as well
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-02-07 21:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly felt like I was shooting myself in the foot as I posted that, because I can't remember ever really trying before koga. Good to know anyways.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-02-07 21:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You might *** it up if you time your JAs wrong, I guess.
 Lakshmi.Feint
Server: Lakshmi
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2014-02-07 22:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

***, i was so set on koga but after reading this im considering youchi and amano.

Choices >.<
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2014-02-07 22:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Do all three.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-02-07 23:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It really depends on how good your buffers are and if you'll do content where the bonus on shoha will actually matter.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-02-08 00:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

can you get over 2500 dps with yoichi amano combo?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 153 154 155