Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 151 152 153 ... 154 155 156
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-10 14:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

zixxer said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Taint said: »
Ejiin spent a bunch of time on this debate and Masamune came out on top. (pretty sure it was close)

SAM TP overflow is insane when buffed, comparing 1k 1.4k just isn't realistic and any FTP bonus is greatly reduced over 2k and gone at 2550.

Sam does over TP, which is why I used 400 just to illustrate what the scaling looks like and it was sufficient that Doji at least breaks even with R15 Masa. The point was that this statement was untrue.

Quote:
Any multi step should end with Fudo. Fudo with Masa is a lot stronger than Doji. Stronger closing WS stronger chains, plus a stronger Fudo and white dmg.

For total damage, R15 Masa should win, and it's close. And what's really causing R15 Masa to keep up SC wise is the 99K damage cap, no amount of +SC Damage will make it beyond that and a 99K radiance is no different then a 99K light.

Eijin has tested and concluded that r15 masa beats out r15 doji even in skillchain scenarios. I’ll link his vid when I have time for source.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-10 14:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You know you can trust it because it's a 4 year old video. Also love the "best for everything SAM does in every scenario", that adds to the credibility. Inb4 Masa is the best weapon for Jinpu because 70 STR. Other great quotes include: "It's the best because it makes the closing light that much stronger" while in a discussion about how the last SC is capped at 99k every time.

This is really strong evidence of Fudo's superiority.

Say you're doing: Shoha -> Fudo -> Kasha -> Shoha -> Fudo for double light or Light Radiance. Even if Doji has lower Fudo damage (debatable but maybe it's slightly below), Doji has higher damage on Shoha, Kasha, Shoha, and if the final SC doesn't do 99,999 then it also has higher damage there. So Fudo has higher damage on maybe 1/5 of the SC? Guess you really get your bang for the buck in that last Fudo though, it might be 55k instead of 53k.
By zixxer 2023-11-10 15:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how everything scales in the prime gkt with mumei in the multistep scenarios. I haven't found an ideal sc for it other than just spamming mumei.

With masa I generally have 2 go-to SCs.

6step double light
ageha, yuki, kasha, shoha, kasha, fudo

If it's still alive I just spam the general 4 step double light.
fudo, kasha, shoha, fudo.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2023-11-10 16:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ejiin spent a bunch of time on this debate and Masamune came out on top. (pretty sure it was close)

SAM TP overflow is insane when buffed, comparing 1k 1.4k just isn't realistic and any FTP bonus is greatly reduced over 2k and gone at 2550.

Sam does over TP, which is why I used 400 just to illustrate what the scaling looks like and it was sufficient that Doji at least breaks even with R15 Masa. The point was that this statement was untrue.

Quote:
Any multi step should end with Fudo. Fudo with Masa is a lot stronger than Doji. Stronger closing WS stronger chains, plus a stronger Fudo and white dmg.

For total damage, R15 Masa should win, and it's close. And what's really causing R15 Masa to keep up SC wise is the 99K damage cap, no amount of +SC Damage will make it beyond that and a 99K radiance is no different then a 99K light.

Eijin has tested and concluded that r15 masa beats out r15 doji even in skillchain scenarios. I’ll link his vid when I have time for source.

What does Marcellus Wallace look like?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-10 16:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »

Quote:

What does Marcellus Wallace look like?

However misses Wallace wants him to.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-11-10 16:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Doji users are always trying to excuse using doji, it's fine.

Inb4 fudo with masa only does 2k more dmg so doji obviously better. Oh no I forgot, fudo with doji is better because the calculator said so comparing 1k vs 1.5k tp.

Like whatever, use what you want I guess.

Or just test them both and make your own conclusions.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-10 16:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Itt: people not including the white damage from emp AM procs

If youre comparing 30k vs 32k, then those 6k white damage swings cant be left behind.
By Taint 2023-11-10 16:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't leave out Fudo > Fudo is a very potent 2 step.

My Doji is for Hybrids, otherwise I'm taking my AM3, 70str can opener all day everyday.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-10 17:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta love how folks fail grade school reading comprehension.

Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-11-10 17:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So the meta is Masa > Doji > Shinsoku
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-10 17:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
So the meta is Masa > Doji > Shinsoku

Nah bro, missing dat Hagun up in there :trollface:

Oh.. now that /DRG is back in Vogue, Hagun and Wyvern Earring!
By Izanami 2023-11-10 21:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Dodik said: »
Fudo with Masa is a lot stronger than Doji.

Are you sure about this? Used the commonly used calculator to test it the other day with various brd/cor/geo buffs and it showed Doji doing higher Fudo WSD.

No buffs, Exact same gear, swapped weapons. TP 1000-1500.
Masa: 33340
Doji: 33602

With buffs, 1000-1500 TP.
Masa: 80110
Doji: 94126

Assuming you mean my calculator: The code is occasionally incorrect. Not as often as before since I've had a lot of help from the community spotting issues and correcting things. This happens to be one of those things. Thanks for pointing this out, although indirectly since I rarely check ffxiah when I'm not actively playing, and even less for threads outside of my own.

I was not expecting Doji to win by so much at low TP in your buffed example. After some quick checks, I found that the code was double-counting TP bonus from gear, so Doji was providing +1000 TP, Moonshade was +500 TP, etc. I've fixed this issue and now see Masamune winning, but I wouldn't say "Fudo with Masa is a lot stronger than Doji." They're still comparable at realistic TP values when skillchaining and it'll probably come down to SC damage vs TP damage preferences.

[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-11-10 21:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

the non-SAM thinks y'all should just be using Koga 'cause its purdy.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-11-10 23:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Could we put this to bed with fudo from each of the remap weapons on the graph?

Curious how koga/kogaAM and the prime/primeAM sit on this fudo graph.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-11-11 00:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

again- SAM is just a toy for me for basically one purpose these days- I am not the person to be proclaiming anything regarding this job....but I do really enjoy dusting off the KogaSAM for Dyna-D Jeuno and Hybrid abuse- its likely because mythics are my favorite group of RMEAs, and I find its just as potent as Doji for them.

But again, I'm at best a casual player of SAM and at worst a constant insulter of the job ;)
By Hopalong 2023-11-11 16:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Koga and find a bunch of uses for it.

I actually don't have Doji (since I put my money on Masa) and sometimes wonder which is better for Hybrid WS: Koga vs Doji.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-11 17:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
I have Koga and find a bunch of uses for it.

I actually don't have Doji (since I put my money on Masa) and sometimes wonder which is better for Hybrid WS: Koga vs Doji.

Doji, like most Aeonics, is super easy to get. It's why it gets so much hate. The TP Bonus +500 is good on anything with great TP scaling, like the Hybrids or Fudo.
By Nariont 2023-11-11 17:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The OaT typically helped to push the hybrid numbers up a good deal, dont know how much if any nyame DA hindered it any but doubt its enough to lose its spot
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-11 17:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
The OaT typically helped to push the hybrid numbers up a good deal, dont know how much if any nyame DA hindered it any but doubt its enough to lose its spot

DA/TA doesn't impair Mythics, it just doesn't add much of anything either.

Jinpu's fTP for magic component is 0.5/1.5/2.5. I triples in damage from 1 to 2K while 2K to 3K is a 66% improvement. Doji is pretty beastly bonus for Jinpu / Hybrid spam.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-12 12:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
I don't believe I know more about the way WSD is calculated than the creator of the calculator and all the people who provided him with feedback.

If you do, you're welcome to point out to him that there is something wrong with his code. I believe it's available on Git if you'd like to provide feedback. Maybe he hasn't heard of empyrean WSD bonuses and he has been using the wrong calculation for all of them and nobody noticed. You should provide your invaluable feedback.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-12 15:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Using the new version of the calculator, hot fresh new numbers, full buffs 1200-2100 TP.
Doji: 35070.5
Masa: 39717.5

So it seems Masa does do more Fudo damage than Doji. My original point still stands though; when it comes to multi-stepping, you generally have 1-2 Fudos, and loads of other WS. Doji will out-perform Masa on every single WS, plus all the SCs, and Masa will do only Fudo better, while still capping the capstone SC. I do not believe Fudo is the SAM weapon for all situations.

Doji shows higher Tachi: Jinpu damage and has more Macc so better accuracy on difficult mobs.

Edit: maybe SK is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. New numbers.
By Hopalong 2023-11-12 20:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the premise of this current discussion that new equips MLs and such have pushed Doji ahead of Masa?

Otherwise this same discussion has been hashed out a lot. Check out page 103 on for example for some good feedback.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-11-13 01:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
Is the premise of this current discussion that new equips MLs and such have pushed Doji ahead of Masa?
I think the premise of the discussion was a scenario where you're performing a short multistep SC ending with Fudo.
In this scenario a Fudo performed from masa can do more damage than one with Doji, resulting in even more SC damage from the final Skillchain, if it goes unresisted.
Of course this only matters when the Doji SC does much less than 99k, otherwise any potential additional SC damage becomes irrelevant.

The guy starting this discussion was wondering about this and yeah, I can see it being a thing in some specific situations.
Also another big pro of Doji (~10% more SC damage) slightly changed its relevance. At the time of the old discussion, that Aftermath amount was always being used to its full extent. These days, depending on how many Nyame pieces you use in your WS set, it could be used only partially or not at all (granted that the best physical Fudo WS sets only use 3 Nyame pieces, so can still benefit from almost full aftermath potency)

While the guy asking the initial question was only wondering about the final SC, the point Maletaru raised does make sense though. In a long multistep SC you should be looking at the overall damage (i.e. the sum of all WSs+SCs not just the final SC) and there, Doji might end up winning thanks to this sum.
It has to be said though that while TP+500 is gonna help every single damaging SAM WS, something similar can be said about Masa's STR+70, since most relevant GKT WSs have very high exclusively STR mods.

In my personal experience in content like Sheol C when you're against stuff where you're using Fudo, Masa allows you to easily oneshot a lot of stuff where on Doji you'd end up with the monster having some HP left.
Also when this happens with Masa, usually a single melee hit can be enough to finish the target thanks to the aftermath, whereas on Doji you might need more hits etc.
Stuff like this means that in the end you can kill mobs faster and hence reach higher overall DPS and produce better Sheol C results.
I only have R15 Doji, but I've seen other SAMs easily oneshotting stuff that I could not, and that means something imho.

Edit:
I forgot one important part in the Doji vs Masa SC damage.
If the closing SC is Radiance and if the damage goes unresisted, Radiance will do much more damage than a Light. In this scenario this potentially kills any damage advantage Masa Fudo might have over Doji Fudo, in terms of final closing SC damage.
If I recall Radiance is 2x closing WS damage, whereas Light is 1x. Then this amount ges multiplied by your SC damage bonus.
Of course assuming we're far below the 99k cap otherwise this point is moot.
By Nariont 2023-11-13 08:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
(granted that the best physical Fudo WS sets only use 3 Nyame pieces, so can still benefit from almost full aftermath potency)

24% in traits and gifts, nyame leg/body+ mpaca head is another 28% so you're already over the 50% cap, so unless im mistaken the AM is worthless beyond giving radiance access
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-13 08:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sechs pointed out all the things I said. The question was about long multi-step SCs, most of which generally involve very few Fudos, and a final SC doing 99k. At the end of the long multi-step you also typically have a radiance/umbra, meaning Doji has the advantage on the final SC. Doji also has higher base damage, SC damage, and +500 TP Bonus.

The way I see it, Masamune has higher Fudo damage and white damage, Doji has higher everything else. If you're spamming nothing but Fudo sure, Masa makes sense. If you're doing long chains with various different WS and loads of SC, Doji has all the advantages in the world and I really don't see how doing a single Fudo for 10% more WSD will make up for that.

They each have their places in different scenarios, but the original question was about Doji's strongest scenario and somehow the answer was: Masa is better in every scenario because auto-attacks and a single Fudo
[+]
 Asura.Qibble
user: KibbleK
By Asura.Qibble 2023-11-13 09:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how everything scales in the prime gkt with mumei in the multistep scenarios. I haven't found an ideal sc for it other than just spamming mumei.

With masa I generally have 2 go-to SCs.

6step double light
ageha, yuki, kasha, shoha, kasha, fudo

If it's still alive I just spam the general 4 step double light.
fudo, kasha, shoha, fudo.

Mumei>Mumei>Shoha>Kasha>Fudo for light. Which I'd probably take over a Doji multistep double light, assuming you can get decent damage out of the gravitation.

For darkness I just usually do Ageha>Mumei>Mumei>Mumei
[+]
By Taint 2023-11-13 09:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

(granted that the best physical Fudo WS sets only use 3 Nyame pieces, so can still benefit from almost full aftermath potency)

24% in traits and gifts, nyame leg/body+ mpaca head is another 28% so you're already over the 50% cap, so unless im mistaken the AM is worthless beyond giving radiance access

Sortie earring is 6 for +1 and 7 for +2, you yes over cap in almost all scenarios.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-13 09:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sortie earring is 6 for +1 and 7 for +2, you yes over cap in almost all scenarios.

Why would you use a +1 earring over Thrud/Moonshade? I think including +2 earring in the calculations is a bit...optimistic for most people.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-13 11:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

In my personal experience in content like Sheol C when you're against stuff where you're using Fudo, Masa allows you to easily oneshot a lot of stuff where on Doji you'd end up with the monster having some HP left.
Also when this happens with Masa, usually a single melee hit can be enough to finish the target thanks to the aftermath, whereas on Doji you might need more hits etc.
Stuff like this means that in the end you can kill mobs faster and hence reach higher overall DPS and produce better Sheol C results.
I only have R15 Doji, but I've seen other SAMs easily oneshotting stuff that I could not, and that means something imho.

Hmm something is off then, for pure Fudo damage Masa is only like 1~4% ahead of Doji using the same gear set. Humans have a horrible sense of averages and are unable to eyeball a different until the discrepancy is much larger.

Quote:
At 1550 TP: Masamune is about 1% stronger than Dojikiri

At 2050 TP (when Dojikiri caps effective TP in this set), Masamune is about 4% stronger than Dojikiri

Here is the thing, assuming your using a lua where you can edit the Fudo WS logic directly, Doji should switch out Mpaca to Nyame head and then Moonshade to Lugra at higher TP values, which tightens up the different again. The point I was making earlier was that that the Fudo difference between the two was miniscule, Masa's melee damage is what is pulling it ahead, and Doji's SC's damage and access to Radiance doesn't mean much when your lights are already hitting for 99K, which is possible now.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 151 152 153 ... 154 155 156