Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 128 129 130 ... 153 154 155
 Leviathan.Windowpane
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Windowpane 2020-10-08 14:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Crossbones said: »
Cause every time I try that fight Astral flow murders everyone including the rune if not using sp yet every video I see no one takes any damage regardless of gear or one for all or whatever the hell, so I'm just trying other options. If you are literally immortal during sam sp2 then that's what I'm gonna try next, the hybrid set I was trying to make was for the first few percent before you sp. I don't really play dps to begin with so I'm just using this as an opportunity to optimize my sets, tc was just a specific situation where I had a hard time balancing a good set.

For us, OFA was the key. I was our RUN and I forgot to pop it once and we got smoked. Every other time we did it we had no issue. Our SAM did pop Yaegasumi which helped him, but the real key is OFA. I also used three different runes and popped Valiance before running in. I didn't use either of my RUN 2hrs.
[+]
By Crossbones 2020-10-08 14:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like the line between full on disaster and near disaster is pube thin in that fight. I guess I just gotta try it more times, only gave it a few attempts. How do you guys deal with that bitchstorm bio AoE? More than anything that's what ends up ganking us.
[+]
 Leviathan.Windowpane
By Leviathan.Windowpane 2020-10-08 22:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Crossbones said: »
Looks like the line between full on disaster and near disaster is pube thin in that fight. I guess I just gotta try it more times, only gave it a few attempts. How do you guys deal with that bitchstorm bio AoE? More than anything that's what ends up ganking us.

Not gonna lie, it was dead so fast that it didn't impact. BRD/SAM/GEO all popped 2hrs and just murdered it in < 1 minute (SAM being our only DD*, multi-step SC).

*Our COR was DD and helped with the other phases, but during final phase our only damage was SAM multi-step.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-09 03:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna share my personal experience doing a lot of TC during the campaign, trying to use different setups as well.
Gonna use Spoiler because it's gonna be a long wall of text.
The setup I find to be most efficient is the following

1x RUN
1x SAM
1x ddCOR
1x WHM
1x BRD
1x GEO
(1x RDM)

Edit:
One thing I forgot to mention.
Between the "Sleepga TC+adds" and "Dia to pull TC" moments, make sure you aren't too fast. You need to wait AT LEAST 1 minute, if not more.
That's because TC at start has a very strong Intimidation effect which slowly goes down as time passes by.
That's why you need to wait a bit and, consequentially, avoid silencing it too early.
If you do the above process too fast, you risk engaging a TC with an intimidation that's still too strong, making your DPS unable to gain TP through melee hits and hence critically slowing down the kill speed which, as I said plenty of times, is the key into winning this fight because you can't really survive all 5 waves of Astral Flow, u need to kill it before.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-09 03:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw I've tried and done this fight even with a full alliance, but you need to change things. A Setup like the one I posted isn't gonna work because of the amount of TP feed and the huge increase of HP, which means no way you're gonna kill it before the second Astral Flow goes off.

Would need more spacing out of One For All and Sacrosanctity, then COR to use Wildcard to reset cooldowns and use those JAs again.
That way you can survive more than 3, maybe 4 astral Flows (you also get multiple Odyllic Subterfuges, more if you're lucky with WC)

Need a lot of coordination and given the TP feed I'm not even sure if it's worth to let the RUNs melee at all honestly.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-09 03:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hiraishinsenna said: »
You're not immortal during yaegasumi, that only helps with TC aoe btw, all the Astral flows are still getting through. The main damage reduction comes from Geo bubbles and ofa/valiance in my experience, we used to bolster fury fend and entrust attunement
In addition to what Senna said, you need really good gear for this.
I've seen people do this with Shining One btw, if you've got a good set you're gonna be good.

Just keep in mind that OFA and Sacrosanctity are vital.
If you find out that you're wiping because you can't kill fast enough and a third Astral Flow happens then what I suggest is:

1) Slightly delay the use of Odyllic Subterfuge
2) Have the COR use Wild Card AFTER the RUN and WHM have used OFA and Sacrosanctity
3) This will give WHM and RUN the chance to use OFA and Sacro AGAIN after the second Astral Flow
4) Have the BRD go stand out of range (like I explained above) after the second astral flow

This way you should be able to survive a third Astral Flow np.
If you're lucky WC is gonna refresh other SPs as well, which you'll be able to use.
By SimonSes 2020-10-09 03:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hiraishinsenna said: »
You're not immortal during yaegasumi, that only helps with TC aoe btw, all the Astral flows are still getting through. The main damage reduction comes from Geo bubbles and ofa/valiance in my experience, we used to bolster fury fend and entrust attunement

I seriously dont understand why people keep posting that misinformation.

Ejin doing TC on SAM

There is no RUN involved at all and Geo is using Geo-Fury. He tanked everything with SAM. He takes 0 damage from all Astral Flows during Yaegasumi. Stop spreading misinformation. Seriously.
[+]
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2020-10-09 04:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

My bad then, I remember taking damage from some of the AF during my runs as SAM, I'll double check next time, taking the post off
[+]
 Leviathan.Windowpane
By Leviathan.Windowpane 2020-10-09 14:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
1x ddCOR

I should edit my post to refect this. Our COR was DD, but didn't engage during final phase so the SAM could multi-step.
[+]
By bombsdiggity 2020-10-10 07:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't Ryou and it's 12 stp beat Tatenashi Haidate r15? I read a few pages ago someone said the were using it
By SimonSes 2020-10-10 07:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

bombsdiggity said: »
Wouldn't Ryou and it's 12 stp beat Tatenashi Haidate r15? I read a few pages ago someone said the were using it

Who are you referring to? You had sets posted with both option. Austar even simulated them I think.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-10-27 00:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Slowing been working on a thing not sure if anyone would find it useful
https://www.ffxiah.com/node/428

edit: Should add i am terrible at writing and using the code to make things look really nice
[+]
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-10-27 00:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks, just finished ag masamune and nice to see some more current sets all in one place.
 Asura.Kusare
By Asura.Kusare 2020-10-27 10:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

just curious i'm using the pretty standard zanhasso set but i'm only at 1050 acc before food and buffs. both ryuo are path c for stp. i have 2 other sets that add ~50 and ~100 acc but i'm wondering if i'm stuck with sushi on the lowacc set?

ItemSet 376275
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-10-27 10:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

all my accuracy tiers are based on apex mob evasions. 1029/1113/1203 and never had any issues when using appropriate tier of accuracy for the fight.

food will be situational just like your set should be.
[+]
 Asura.Kusare
By Asura.Kusare 2020-10-27 10:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks, should have specified that i was interested in dynamis waves.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-10-27 11:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think that set will work outside of Wave 1, but will depend on buffs
By Taint 2020-10-27 11:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sushi works in Dynamis if you are buffed, but I'd stack more MEVA for harder content.

The "fodder" set works for 95% of content but Neo-Dyna isn't part of that.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2020-10-27 11:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kusare said: »
just curious i'm using the pretty standard zanhasso set but i'm only at 1050 acc before food and buffs. both ryuo are path c for stp. i have 2 other sets that add ~50 and ~100 acc but i'm wondering if i'm stuck with sushi on the lowacc set?

ItemSet 376275

This is the default set people use for daily content. No way this is gonna fly on W3 Dyna.
By HyperKTM 2020-10-27 11:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sam in dyna lawl rng n cor onry
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-10-27 12:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
This is the default set people use for daily content. No way this is gonna fly on W3 Dyna.

You're right. If you change the body to Tatenashi body +1 and upgrade those hands to +3, that set sure as ***works in W3 Dyna.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-10-27 14:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Normally use this for dyna
ItemSet 376254

and this on high evasion targets in Wave 3
ItemSet 376256
Flamma feet work well if no Tatena R15

Edit: Smertrios's Mantle: 20DEX 30ACC 20 ATT 10STP 10 PDT.
 Asura.Sehbeh
user: Sehbeh
By Asura.Sehbeh 2020-10-27 15:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

In that wave 3 acc set. Is there any reason to use Kenda over Tatena R15 for legs & body? Mainly legs. Is it just for the magic evasion? or is it the few extra triple attack points? Or both?
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-10-27 16:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Mostly MEVA

Edit Could defiantly use Tatesnashi just depends on much MEVA you want.
By Taint 2020-10-27 17:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Something like this is your standard Neo-Dynamis set:

ItemSet 361567

Tatenashi, Zanhasso builds are for the min/maxers.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-10-29 18:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

use amano for now, finish doji/masa and then leave amano in storage. no reason to use bow either outside of situations like wanting to be out of tp range or weakened or something. get shining one for piercing weak mobs.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-10-29 18:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

body/legs/feet are good
First Page 2 3 ... 128 129 130 ... 153 154 155