Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 68 69 70
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-09-10 23:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

chads said: »
I haven't seen anything on the "D" Xiucoatl line yet, but they are so prohibitively expensive that I couldn't get too stoaked on them anyway even if the augments were pet related.

This is not necessarily true; if there's a good pet augment you may not need the HQ2 to make it worthwhile: Pantin Fists (NQ) and Pitre Fists (HQ1) could still provide pet augments that easily beat the options we have, and the NQ/HQ1 should be much more reasonably priced. On my server I've seen plenty of non-PUP HQ1s for roughly 20-30mil.

That being said, with the lack of thought that seemed to go into RMEA augments and the PUP neck, I wouldn't hold my breath. C path is probably Automaton: MAB. Or maybe master AGI...
By Aerix 2018-09-11 00:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I don't care what the Path C augments on the Dyna weapons are, as long as they beat Ohtas for general purpose pet DD since SE already dropped the ball with KKK. With the base stats it's already halfway there, at least.

At least most of the Dyna weapons for other jobs haven't disappointed with their job-specific augments, so I'm still hopeful.

To be honest, even the disappointing +2 neck wouldn't be too bad if SE decides to fix BLM Automaton AI in the upcoming job adjustment patches... jk. Never gonna happen.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-09-11 00:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
To be honest, even the disappointing +2 neck wouldn't be too bad if SE decides to fix BLM Automaton AI in the upcoming job adjustment patches... jk. Never gonna happen.

Hehe. I never believed they'd really make the puppet a viable tank when they talked for years about making it rival a real flesh and bone PLD. Always said people were crazy to expect that would ever come true, and that VE's armor plating and shield were tin decorations only. I'm glad to have been (eventually, after a LONG time) proven wrong, so maybe they'll fix nukes one day too :)

But yeah, I wouldn't bet on it either.
By sharazisspecial 2018-09-11 01:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone find out pantin fist augments?
 Asura.Psylo
Server: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2018-09-11 02:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing for pet ...
By sharazisspecial 2018-09-11 08:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I bit the bullet and spent 50mil on Pitre fists because of how disappointing REMA aug was.
Path A and B are master only augs.
Path C for Pitre fists is
Weapon skill+15% but it has the stat

"Automaton special attack dmg +20%"

Unsure what that means. I assume weapon-skill damage.
Pitre is HQ1 as well, so it would be higher for HQ2.

[+]
By Nariont 2018-09-11 08:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats actually pretty neat for SS and when you dont have am3 up on mythic assuming it works exactly like normal wsd anyway, be funny if it was magian style and worked on all hits
By Aerix 2018-09-11 11:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wow, finally something exciting! If this affects ALL automaton JAs (Shield Bash, Ranged Attack, Barrage, Eagle Eye Shot, Volt Gun, Blaze Spikes?) and WSs, this would be absolutely bonkers for OD zergs. We're talking about up to +25% for the +2 weapons. That's insane and it stacks with TP Bonuses/TP overflow. Goodbye Ohrmazd, hello~o Dyna weapons?

And it already comes attached with +30-50 Accuracy/Racc for the Automaton, which is already more than a perfect Ohrmazd. Nice.

Edit: Why do the Pitre Fists only have 2 augments? All other Dyna weapons seem to have 3 and PUPs can barely even make use of Master WSD. Come on, SE. Do they really want us spamming Howling Fist that badly?
By chads 2018-09-11 11:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Path A and B being master only augs is perplexing... Just why? Why on Earth would we want that? If we wanted master-centric damage we have PLENTY of other options such like... You know, the other 3 REMA weapons you gave us master only augs on.

Anyway, with the band-aid torn off, I could see this being BiS for auto WS for as far as we can see which is pretty cool. Also Pitre seem to be just fine as an option (+20%!!!) making Xiucoatl (+25? 30?) a bit overkill for the price, assuming this works like WSD and not some different modifier.

Quick question for anyone in the know-- I am currently trying to solo Vol 1 on Normal. Haven't been successful yet, my current strategy is to run in with a DT set on, Deploy on the main Lamia, Ventriloquy the other archer Lamia, and then re-Deploy onto the final Lamia. Legion hate is so odd however, I can't get the mobs to stick to my auto. Simply activating a maneuver rups hate off of it. Should I not be going in VE/SS and take a more standard tank auto that has the ele capacity for both strobes/flashbulb?
By Aerix 2018-09-11 11:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Path A and B being master only augs is perplexing... Just why? Why on Earth would we want that? If we wanted master-centric damage we have PLENTY of other options such like... You know, the other 3 REMA weapons you gave us master only augs on.

To be fair (ugh), they just copy & pasted Path A & B across all Dyna weapons, so it's unsurprising those are master-only. At least it makes choosing easy and we don't have to pick up several Dyna HTH.

In any case, with the new HTH, Ohtas is outclassed, so we'll have to find that 10% Haste in other slots to compensate. Ambu cape, Thurandaut Ring+1, Klouskap Sash+1 and Rimeice Earring make a nice 26% Haste without giving up STP. Alternatively, Heyoka Subligar+Incarnation Sash for more Accuracy and Double Attack instead.
By clearlyamule 2018-09-11 11:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It's going to be pretty hard keeping hate on 3 different mobs with 1 auto especially in a place like legion. Extra so in this one with the mechanics at play. Might be easier to sick the auto on main and have some trusts deal with adds temporarily
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-09-11 11:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

All of the Divergence non-mage weapons have the same path A/B augments, so that was totally unsurprising. The C path is the job-specific path, and it looks like PUP did get a winner here! Even the NQ Pantin Fists will be an excellent automaton DD weapon, and obviously the HQ1 and HQ2 are great too.
By Aerix 2018-09-11 11:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I hope the reason they worded the augment as "Special attack damage" is so it affects all hits on multihit WSs like Bone Crusher. Would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.
By chads 2018-09-11 13:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
It's going to be pretty hard keeping hate on 3 different mobs with 1 auto especially in a place like legion. Extra so in this one with the mechanics at play. Might be easier to sick the auto on main and have some trusts deal with adds temporarily
Also considered kiting the other two with some Heremes' Sandals on while the auto picks them off 1 by 1. If it happens to catch aggro in the process, no biggie!

I'll give both of these a shot tonight and report back in case anyone wants some easy Hallmarks this month.
By Aerix 2018-09-11 13:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If you Flash one of the mobs before Ventriloquy it should stick to your maton a lot better since Maneuvers don't create CE, as far as I know.
By Teuphist 2018-09-11 14:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

sharazisspecial said: »
"Automaton special attack dmg +20%"

Seems I won't rush to get any of these weapons completed. I will say this stat should have certainly been on the mythic.
By Nariont 2018-09-11 15:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Same for a lot of these path c augments, but thats SE for ya, got to give you some reason to want these crafted weapons
By sharazisspecial 2018-09-12 04:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I have tested the weapon.

It increases weapon-skill dmg by the amount stated only. It also increases ranged attack damage. Likely because pets ranged attack is classified as job ability.
Does not boost spell damage and auto-attacks.
By Aerix 2018-09-12 06:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp, guess PUP got something nice at least, but I can't say we lucked out this patch.
By Nariont 2018-09-12 08:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

sharazisspecial said: »
I have tested the weapon.

It increases weapon-skill dmg by the amount stated only. It also increases ranged attack damage. Likely because pets ranged attack is classified as job ability.
Does not boost spell damage and auto-attacks.

If possible could you test if its simply basic wsd style and only applies to 1st hit, or if it works on multiple hits?
By Teuphist 2018-09-12 21:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Jumping back to the previous subject for those still looking to CP.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Head - Pet: INT+6, MAB+30
Hands - Pet: INT+13, MAB+24
Back - Pet: MACC+20/MDMG+30

Didn't check but I think I've posted the gearset node already.
These Apex are 131-133 but don't aoe as often as crabs (the frogs not at all). This makes it easier to get more nukes off instead of drain. No Aspir, no problem. Refresh or reactivate.

Mana Tank I/III/IV
OF I/II
Turbo Charger II
Coiler II
Inhibitor II
Loudspeaker IV
Amplifier I/II
Tactical Processor

Felt this is fun to experiment with.
By Teuphist 2018-09-12 21:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
If possible could you test if its simply basic wsd style and only applies to 1st hit, or if it works on multiple hits?

Crossing my fingers to see 75K+ Bone Crusher.
By Aerix 2018-09-12 21:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty nice numbers considering you weren't using Ice Maker at all.

Have you tried the same setup using Mana Channelers? Personally, I find they break Automaton AI with regard to MBing as they often end up using an entirely wrong element instead of nuking a lower tier of the correct element. This sometimes even happens even if the tier V has not been used at all and shouldn't be on cooldown to begin with.
By Teuphist 2018-09-13 06:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you. I haven't giving it a go with Mana Channelers and no Ice Maker, but rather with both combined. Reason being is as you have mentioned above, the burden would probably frustrate the hell out of me if it ends up casting the wrong spell.

This was my first attempt with this build though and can say I am pretty happy at the blm puppet consistency.
By dustinfoley 2018-09-13 06:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

What kinda MB were you getting on pet, your log closes so quickly (are your forcing it to minimize by mashing esc or something?) and you dont use battle mod so there's a lot of spam going really quick ;-p

I set each window to 8 lines max, 4 min, and to resize much slower.
By Aerix 2018-09-13 07:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

3 Ice Maneuvers were hitting for 40k-42k as far as I could tell.

Speaking of BLM maton, it would be nice if SE would reduce Maneuver recast to 5s (like runes) to make it easier for us to stack triple Maneuvers. They've given us all this -Overload gear, but 30s to triple maneuvers for Ice Maker/Flame Holder is just really inefficient. And outside of that you almost never risk an Overload anyway except when doubling Fire for tanking.
By Nariont 2018-09-13 07:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Teuphist said: »
Nariont said: »

Crossing my fingers to see 75K+ Bone Crusher.

Itd be nice, im atleast somewhat optimistic that this might be a future stat, aug or otherwise, just need to see how potent it is
By sharazisspecial 2018-09-13 10:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Question is Bone Crusher the only ftp transfer ws our automaton has?
By Nariont 2018-09-13 10:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to say shatterer does too but not 100% on that
By clearlyamule 2018-09-13 11:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shatterer is 1 hit. Also not sure how well ftp transfer has been tested per se. All the multi hits have static ftps so only real way to test it would be Flameholder which could just be acting weird/they didn't accurately say what it did (and ranged ws testing has shown something isn't adding up with what they told us and is filed away in the known bugs last I checked) or I guess those odd ball ftp atmas
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 68 69 70