New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Thread for different BST gear sets
Thread for different BST gear sets
By Ehleni 2013-12-26 14:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone.

I noticed that the BST forum does not have a guide like the other forums. What I like about the other threads is tips on different gear sets ranked from regular to optimal. WHM forum for instance has this.

It's been a while since I played BST but I would like to get the gear up to date with various adoulin gear etc and I'm not totally sure what to get especially since BST can have tons of different sets. Some could be:

• Pet only

• Fight With Pet

• WS Set

• TP set

Is it possible that you guys could post some gear sets that doesn't require a life time to get? It all depends on the difficulty of obtaining the certain equipment but I don't think I can get the optimal set for BST like relics etc but I don't want to use slob gear. :-P.

I already have the PET PDT axes, adoulin weapons and empy gear.
 Fenrir.Jicamakid
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: JicamaKid
By Fenrir.Jicamakid 2013-12-26 15:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sets I use on bst is
AF2+aug, Skirmish set, AF1 level 119 gear
AF3 set, Wildkeeper gear, sure one more set to get.
Sorry I cant post the gear gonna have look it up sorry.
Axe's I have in inventory pet PDT, EVA, magic def for pet level 99
other axes have is wildkeeper axe, Guttler, axe that comes from bee in delve for level 119, then there another one from the arch angels fight pretty sure there more gear and axes but that's what I am for.
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-01-04 01:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

would be nice if someone would contribute. i would really like to see what bst are doing these days.
[+]
 Ramuh.Kailana
Server: Ramuh
user: Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2014-01-04 04:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I just came back from like... over a year ago, so my gears not all caught up yet. I have never claimed to be the best bst ever, or even a competent one. I just have fun with it. I play around with sets like these:

TP/Master:
Main/Sub: Eminent Axe/Hunaphu (Waiting for Kerecahtl/AA axe)
Ammo: Hagneia Stone
Head: Yaoyotl Helm
Neck: Asperity Necklace/Ishtar's Collar
Ear1/2: Bladeborn/Steelflash Earring
Body: Armada Hauberk/Mikinaak Breastplate
Hands: Iuitl Wristbands
Ring1/2: Epona's/Rajas ring
Back: Atheling Mantle/Pastoralist's Mantle
Waist: Hurch'lan Sash/Windbuffet Belt/Cetl Belt
Legs: Mikinaak Cuisses/Ferine Quijotes +2/Phorcys Dirs (STP)
Feet: Mikinaak Greaves/Ejekamal Boots

Ruinator:
Ammo: Can't remember off the top of my head. x.x
Head: Yaoyotl Helm (not sure if Mekira +1 or Quiahuiz stomps this, it's just what I use atm)
Ear1/2: Ghillie +1/Brutal Earring
Body: Mikinaak Breastplate
Neck: Breeze Gorget (i think? elemental one, anyway)
Hands: Iuitl Wristbands/Buremete Gloves
Ring1/2: Mars's Ring/Pyrosoul Ring
Back: Atheling Mantle
Waist: Anguinus Belt
Legs: Mikinaak Cuisses
Feet: Mikinaak Greaves

Currently a large fan of CaringKiyomaro, gogo superpig. Working on Totemic armors, and other things. Coming back after such a time requires one to regear like 10 jobs. Been focusing on COR and mages, BST gets the remains. x.x
 Bismarck.Siggymund
Premium
Server: Bismarck
user: Sigmund
By Bismarck.Siggymund 2014-01-04 04:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Just providing my info to help. This is what I currently use:

ItemSet 316163 Pet
ItemSet 316161 WS
ItemSet 316162 TP

Currently working on AF 109/119 and jumping on all AAMR fights, would love that axe. Although I have been on BST a lot less lately. Mainly just because there is nothing worthwhile to use it for, and its just a fun solo side job.
By BrandonHeat 2014-01-04 04:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 317147

Hey, just throwing out my ideal Rewardset.
As an Elvaan BST/DNC, this would put me at 84+125 MND (209)

Zeta Formula 900 + 3*(MND-45)
900 + 3* (209-45) = 1392
1392*1.5(50% potency cap) = 2,088

Theta Formula 1600 + 4*(MND-55)
1600 + 4*(209-55) = 2,216
2,216*1.5 (50% potency cap) = 3,324

Again this is my rewardset I am currently hunting for. Needing to upgrade body/legs/feet to the +1 and hope a Neptune's pearl appears as I mistakenly sold mine. So yeah just throwing that out there. Feel free to correct my math or add/subtract anything.

~oh yeah could also wield a http://www.ffxiah.com/item/20794/farsha for added MND, could also change the feet to augmented monster gaiters +2 for the regen, losing a bit of MND though~
[+]
 Asura.Bitesized
Server: Asura
user: Bitesized
By Asura.Bitesized 2014-01-04 16:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Magian Pet Magic Defense Bonus axes would add MND as well too. Made these back in the day to macro in during spellcasting.
 Lakshmi.Shadowsong
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Shadowsong 2014-01-14 08:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

My BST sets. Any suggestions or advise on what I can upgrade would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!!

BST Main TP (Capped Pet Haste 23%)
ItemSet 318481

Ruinator WS
ItemSet 318482

Reward Gearset
ItemSet 318483

Pet -DT
ItemSet 318484
 Ramuh.Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2014-01-14 08:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I got regimen mittens within the last week from DMII. For a hybrid master/pet set, a pet haste set, or just a pet set, these mittens are sexy. Not sure if they drop from an individual AA fight, or if they're DMII exclusive, but I can attest they are very lovely.
 Lakshmi.Shadowsong
By Lakshmi.Shadowsong 2014-01-14 08:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my Regimen through a Difficult AAMR fight. I got my Anahera Tabar from the same fight.
I'm 0/9 (7 AAMR, 2 DMII) on the Earring though, and it's starting to really piss me off lol
 Ramuh.Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2014-01-14 09:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Shadowsong said: »
I got my Regimen through a Difficult AAMR fight. I got my Anahera Tabar from the same fight.
I'm 0/9 (7 AAMR, 2 DMII) on the Earring though, and it's starting to really piss me off lol

If it helps you, I'm about the same on the Tabar. xD
[+]
 Asura.Bitesized
Server: Asura
user: Bitesized
By Asura.Bitesized 2014-01-14 09:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You can replace those ogre gloves now. Stick in some MND gloves there instead. Body giving 30% and boots giving 20% puts you at 50% reward cap. Also don't need ferine earring for that matter.

For boots it depends if you have beast healer merited or not.
Monster Gaiters +2 if you do and Totemic if you don't.
 Lakshmi.Shadowsong
By Lakshmi.Shadowsong 2014-01-14 09:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

My Type II Merits are 5/5 Beast Affinity, 4/5 Beast Healer, 1/5 Feral Howl. So yeah I'll use Monster Gaiters.
About the 50% Reward thing. My entire BST career I always thought it capped at 50% but according to the wiki page, it doesn't cap ever. Tested it last night though to make sure, and the 50% is the cap. So just ignore those Ogre and Ferine lol
 Bismarck.Baalthus
user: Baalthus
By Bismarck.Baalthus 2014-01-14 15:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

5 round build for the lulz:

ItemSet 280529
By kenshynofshiva 2014-01-14 16:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone attempt the any of the AA normal fight on BST/NIN with 119 axes and pet?
 Bismarck.Guttler
user: Cole
By Bismarck.Guttler 2014-01-14 17:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I tend to run the following for my 3 BSTs, am in the process of upgrading a couple things in italics, takes a bit more time than I'd like since I have to do it for 3 characters while avoiding wife aggro.

TP:
Main: Guttler lv 119 (220/900 pluton...waiting on prices to go down and still farming)
Sub: Hunaphu
Ranged: Demonry Core (need to upgrade to something that benefits the BST)
Head: Otomi
Neck: Portus 1/3
Ears: Brutal/Suppa
Body Skadi +1
Hands: Skadi +1
Rings Epona/Rajas
Back: Atheling
Waist: Twilight
Legs: Ferine +2
Feet: Ferine +2

Only changes I think I'd make to this is changing legs to Totemic/+1 since my current build has 1% extra haste, and maybe Phorcys or Ejekamal for feet.

Pet Melee:
Main: Guttler lv 119
Sub: Hunaphu
Ranged: Demonry Core (need to upgrade to something that benefits the BST)
Head: Anwig
Neck: Ferine
Ears: Sabong/Ferine
Body: Mirke
Hands: Skadi +1
Rings Epona/Rajas
Back: Ferine
Waist: Moepappa
Legs: Ferine +2
Feet: Armada

Augments on Mirke/Anwig/Armada are as expected (only 3% haste on armada because SE can go suck a *** and I am sick of trying to get the 4th haste on them).

Currently still working on some newer WS/Reward since ToAU came out conveniently right near my wedding and have not had much time. If anyone has done some math regarding haste/dual wield reduction/DA combos, I'd love to see what I'm screwing up in my TP set.
 Siren.Attaxia
Server: Siren
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2014-01-18 08:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 317692
ItemSet 317689
ItemSet 317691
ItemSet 318624
Maximum Ruinator numbers will be achieved with this set, providing you are capping attack and accuracy. Mekira oto+1 replaces any headpiece on Relevant fTP bonus days providing you don't lose too much needed acc/att from head slot.
ItemSet 318625
If your att/acc are not capped, start to replace gear from the fodder set with these pieces, look at stat differences between replacements to decide which gear to replace first.
My BST sets. Any suggestions or advise on what I can upgrade would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!!
BST Main TP (Capped Pet Haste 23%)
ItemSet 318481
This is a decent Master/Pet Hybrid set. However, I think some choices that favour the pet are detrimental to master/pet net dps. For example, I doubt 2% Pet DA on Sabong Earring is worth giving up the 5% DW from Suppanomimi if you're meleeing too.
[+]
By Heimdel 2014-01-22 11:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

My Type II Merits are 5/5 Beast Affinity, 4/5 Beast Healer, 1/5 Feral Howl. So yeah I'll use Monster Gaiters.
About the 50% Reward thing. My entire BST career I always thought it capped at 50% but according to the wiki page, it doesn't cap ever. Tested it last night though to make sure, and the 50% is the cap. So just ignore those Ogre and Ferine lol

At one point it wasn't caped but SE caped it and just noone updated the wiki. also the af2 legs from abby would be better for pet pdt set. You'll want to main hand a higher level weapon for the pets level. Bst pet tp set you want the add on body wit augments and ferine earring. Someone else already listed the ideal reward set.