Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-06-06 11:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

cptkel said: »
I am using a WHM lua I found on github and it some code in it re: /lockstyle 66.
What does the error say? I don't use lockstyle sets, but my guess would be you don't have equipment set 66 set up?

You want to replace their items in the sets with your own. Gearswap will not error if you don't have the gear, but obviously it will not equip what you don't own, making it kinda pointless.

You can validate which pieces you do not have by running //gs validate

Page 1 of this thread details how it works in detail. Basically it changes your sets before, during and after your spells and other abilities/actions.
By ryukin182 2019-06-08 17:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Just ran into an issue where gearswap is equiping aftercast set too quickly. I am using WHM lua and I just inserted Kaykaus Mitra into head slot for cure cast/curesolace cast. It is equipping "properly" during the cast as in I see it in equip viewer, and as instructed by someone else on this forum to use //gs showswaps.

The issue is, it is equiping the head piece immediately, and then immediately unequipping it before the cast even gets to 10%. The //gs showswaps "says" that it is equiping the head piece as midcast, then it shows gs equipping my aftercast piece at 30%, still before my cast goes off.

I did testing with cures, since the Mitra has +10% cure potency to see if it would alter the cure total and it did not. My testing was not done in cure potency capped gear.

Any ideas?
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2019-06-08 17:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

do you have the fastfollow addon loaded?
[+]
By ryukin182 2019-06-08 17:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lockfort said: »
do you have the fastfollow addon loaded?

...thats it.. wtf

Oh I see, spell cast times is messing it up. That sucks, that was a good addon
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-06-10 15:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to remove mobs with 0 hp from your screen faster so f8 doesn't stall on them? That has always pissed me off, especially in crowded areas where tabbing through mobs isn't feasible. Basically, removing the death animation.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-06-11 02:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihinaa said: »
Is there a way to remove mobs with 0 hp from your screen faster so f8 doesn't stall on them? That has always pissed me off, especially in crowded areas where tabbing through mobs isn't feasible. Basically, removing the death animation.
I guess it is feasible to inject a depop packet when a mob dies. I'm interested in this also.
[+]
 Bismarck.Tesiex
user: Tesiex
By Bismarck.Tesiex 2019-06-11 07:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xurion said: »
I tested your Lua with no issue. I cycled through the different modes with the keybinds, engaged and killed some mobs, cast buffs and debuffs no problem.

Only suggestion I can give is to make sure your Windower console doesn't have any errors. Nowhere in your Lua does it prevent you from casting a spell under any circumstances :/

So after a few days experimenting it seems like the problem is with some background Adobe services (update checker or license manager). I have a few Adobe products installed and if I can remember to turn the services off before starting FFXI I don't run into this problem. Haven't been testing this theory for very long but so far, so good.
By tritoneRagnarok 2019-06-27 00:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys! i've finally been trying to make my way through rdm gs lua, it has been a pain but im starting to get the hang of it. on my lua ive cleaned out most all of the errors now that i can recognize them. now im past the gear parts and into the if this then that kinda stuff lol. anyways i didnt want to post the whole file because im not sure how to do it neatly. error in game (insert) says: "GearSwap: Cannot find the include file (no_interruptions.lua).

at the very top of my lua i did find:
include('no_interruptions.lua')

is this a file i can find somewhere and put in the data folder or would it be ok to erase that also? any advice is so very greatly appreciated, thank you :)
Line 3 include('no_interruptions.lua')

Line 5 include('organizer-lib.lua')

Line 7 include('spam_protection.lua')
By tritoneRagnarok 2019-06-27 00:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

oh wow! Loaded your rdm.lua file! so i just ditched those 3 lines. Thank you anyways everyone :)
By Wotasu 2019-06-27 04:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a lag/latency (~300ms to SE servers) problem when I use gearswap for smn, I have tried many diffrent ones like Pergatory's, Selindrile and various others.
This is mainly noticed in Omen and Vagary.
Either midcast equips to late or aftercast/idle gear equips to fast when I use BP, single mob(last alive on floor) or AoE Thunderspark.

Is there a "fix" for this or am I doomed to use equipsets?
Equipsets works everytime which what Im using atm. But gearswap is so much nicer when it works.
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-06-27 11:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure it's an issue that can be fixed. We see the same problem in Dyna D.
By Wotasu 2019-06-27 12:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh Im well aware on Dynamis lag c.c I tend to be stuck in midcast gear if I dont use Selindrile's in there. No visible lag or packet loss when I use pingplotter. But sometimes no "Wot cast Cure" etc very annoying.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-07-06 05:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question.

Lets say I have a table

my_table = T{"some_text"}

I do:

settings.my_table = my_table

then:

config.save(settings)

That will put my "some_text" into the data/settings.xml, as you'd expect. Now I want to retrieve that data.

my_table = settings.my_table

So far so good. The problem is when I try to do this

table.insert(my_table, "some_text2")

Apparently, a T{} table is just a normal table, but the key is a number. The issue is that when you pull data from the xml, it converts the number into a string. So after inserting a second value, I end up with something like this

key=1(number), value=some_text
key=1(string), value=some_text2

And that creates problems when I try to save the new data back onto the xml. I get a "Lua runtime error: attempt to compare string with number". How do you resolve this?
 Lakshmi.Sickone
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sickone 2019-07-10 07:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

hello all

I need some help with my rng lua please

whenever I'm disengaged or engaged and I'm on midcast.ra.acc set or midcast.ra.highacc I keep getting "you do not have an appropriate ranged weapon equipped" message in the game even though my ranged weapon did not change and both of the sets are swapping just fine (I have equipviewer on)
any help is much appreciated
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-07-10 12:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihinaa said: »
I have a question.

Lets say I have a table

my_table = T{"some_text"}

I do:

settings.my_table = my_table

then:

config.save(settings)

That will put my "some_text" into the data/settings.xml, as you'd expect. Now I want to retrieve that data.

my_table = settings.my_table

So far so good. The problem is when I try to do this

table.insert(my_table, "some_text2")

Apparently, a T{} table is just a normal table, but the key is a number. The issue is that when you pull data from the xml, it converts the number into a string. So after inserting a second value, I end up with something like this

key=1(number), value=some_text
key=1(string), value=some_text2

And that creates problems when I try to save the new data back onto the xml. I get a "Lua runtime error: attempt to compare string with number". How do you resolve this?
The issue is XML. The saved XML file has no supported way to allow the persist the data type. Your script that fetches the settings data would need to convert it back to a number for use.
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2019-07-19 16:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking for some help in integrating AM3 rules into my THF lua. I'm using an older lua similar to this one with the determine_haste_group functions. Does anyone have experience with this? Am I looking at adding an additional .AM3 set for every haste and acc level, with a rule under the function

job_buff_change(buff, gain)

similar to this?

if buffactive['Aftermath: Lv.3'] then
classes.CustomMeleeGroups:append('AM3')
end
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-07-26 18:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Xurion. I just tostring'ed all the inputs my code was taking and dealt with it that way. Saves me the headache of having to convert them back into ints.

Also, is there an in-game command to update all your resources? I was trying to do a thing when I found that lua doesn't recognize the item id of an Abdhaljs Seal. Apparently, my items file only has 17k lines while the one on github has 21k lines, so it's fairly out of date.
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-07-27 05:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odd, but not the first instance of this I've heard. Afaik, the only way to grab the latest is to manually download them from their Github.
By Devaraja 2019-07-28 19:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, was wondering if anybody has experience syncing Gearinfo/Gearswap. I'd just like to have different TP sets for capped haste, but can't seem to get it to work properly. The aftermath swaps I set up worked fine when I tried them, so it seems like it's just an issue with haste.

Here's the lua

edit: Looks like I got it working immediately after posting, lol. Thanks anyway!
 Asura.Iamarealgirl
Server: Asura
user: Latravant
By Asura.Iamarealgirl 2019-07-30 16:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

IS thtracker broken? it doesnt show up on my screen and when i try to change the param's i get some kind of error saying
lua runtime error: thtracker/thtracker.lua61: attempt to index global 'params' (a nil value ....
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-08-01 14:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at the code, it never worked. Line 61 references "params" but "args" is what needs to be referenced. The "params" table isn't defined anywhere else in the addon.

Unless params is automatically set by Windower, but that'd be news to me.
[+]
By Steroid800 2019-08-06 10:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I know this was partially answered but I'm still having an issue. When I created swaps for dual Rostam's. It works fine to swap weaponsets. The issue I'm still having is that when I'm wearing my Path A Rostam (wardrobe) in my main hand, it won't swap to my path C Rostam (wardrobe 3) for phantom roll. Any suggested workarounds for that?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Botosi
Server: Odin
user: Botosi
By Odin.Botosi 2019-08-08 00:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Nvm I'm an idiot and forgot I disabled all swaps while editing......
 Asura.Jahnu
Server: Asura
user: Chaska
By Asura.Jahnu 2019-08-11 11:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been using Mote's SCH lua for a long time but recently(a couple of months?) i noticed weather/day nuke rule isn't equiping Hachirin-no-obi.

Edit: found the issue I had. Mote-utility only checks if hachirin is in inventory and wardrobe/wardrobe2.
 Sylph.Excalin
Server: Sylph
user: Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2019-08-11 19:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So I am having issues with waits, I can release the avatar and I can summon the elemental...but I can't get it chained together correctly. What am I missing?
Code
	elseif spell.name == 'Elemental Siphon' then

cancel_spell()

if pet.isvalid then

send_command('pet "Release";wait 1.1;')
			releasedAvatar = pet.name

end

if world.weather_element ~= 'None' then
		send_command('input /ma "%s" <me>':format(spirit_element[world.weather_element]))
        equip(sets.precast.summoning)		
--		send_Command('wait 4;ja "Elemental Siphon" <me>')			

else
        -- There is no weather up, summon the current day's spirit		
		send_command('input /ma "%s" <me>':format(spirit_element[world.day_element]))

end
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-08-12 02:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jahnu said: »
I've been using Mote's SCH lua for a long time but recently(a couple of months?) i noticed weather/day nuke rule isn't equiping Hachirin-no-obi.
Code pls.

I've always had a problem with that. I almost always write my own.
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-08-12 02:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Excalin said: »
So I am having issues with waits, I can release the avatar and I can summon the elemental...but I can't get it chained together correctly. What am I missing?
Code
	elseif spell.name == 'Elemental Siphon' then

cancel_spell()

if pet.isvalid then

send_command('pet "Release";wait 1.1;')
			releasedAvatar = pet.name

end

if world.weather_element ~= 'None' then
		send_command('input /ma "%s" <me>':format(spirit_element[world.weather_element]))

else
        -- There is no weather up, summon the current day's spirit		
		send_command('input /ma "%s" <me>':format(spirit_element[world.day_element]))

end
After your waits, I think you have to instruct Lua to pass the command to FFXI with input.

Nevermind, I never knew it was useable in that way. I guess windower interprets it and acts accordingly.

You have two issues from what I can tell. First, your send_Command has a capital C, which looks suspicious. Second, executing multiple send_commands with waits does not chain them in this way. You'll need to build a string of commands then execute them in one send_command at the end.
First Page 2 3 ... 152 153 154 ... 180 181 182