I Have Been Half Heartedly Thinking Of Coming Back

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bismarck » I have been half heartedly thinking of coming back
I have been half heartedly thinking of coming back
First Page 2

| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-12-11 22:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Game is still the best ever, and much easier to return. Every server has at least one merc group giving delve wins, so you could use your gil to get wins/plasm if that's the last resort. Otherwise you would need to level a support job and get into an event LS that does that. There are a lot of other things to do now besides delve though.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-11 22:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Vize said: »
is it worth coming back or is the server dead now or too hard to get a group ..... and for those of you wondering i was playing the world of tanks xbox 360 beta :P
if this is your literal question, the only honest answer is that the servers are dead and it is too hard to get a group

whether the game is worth playing is subjective, but it's an outright lie to pretend you can group easily
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-12-11 23:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait for a server merge so you can actually play with a lot of people.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-12-11 23:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt say that but sure whatever.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-11 23:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

i've never known josi to bait dray, this is new

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-12-11 23:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't exactly the game it use to be. Some like that, some hate it.

Either way, if you come back, know what you have fun doing and seek that out. I will say there are many new improvements that make the game easier to play, but also many changes which have turned it on its head. Whatever you do, you can play for free for the next little bit.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-12-11 23:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Bismarck.Vize said: »
is it worth coming back or is the server dead now or too hard to get a group ..... and for those of you wondering i was playing the world of tanks xbox 360 beta :P
if this is your literal question, the only honest answer is that the servers are dead and it is too hard to get a group

whether the game is worth playing is subjective, but it's an outright lie to pretend you can group easily

It is not impossible to get a group, but you have to make connections and tell them when to pop.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-11 23:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
It is not impossible to get a group, but you have to make connections and tell them when to pop.
question was if it was too hard, what you're describing is too hard for most
 Ragnarok.Kongming
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2013-12-11 23:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Free subscription time, free access to the latest expansion, free (legitimate) download of everything you need to answer this question for yourself.

Oh, but you already made the 31,084th "should I come back" thread. That's probably just as good, you know, maybe even better
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-12-11 23:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna need a bit more than 20m for that ragnarok
 Odin.Brozzzz
Server: Odin
user: Brozzzz
By Odin.Brozzzz 2013-12-12 00:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

To answer OP question:

Quote:
is it worth coming back
Depends on the game you like to play.
Brief layout of what you're in store for: You'll likely spend some time kissing *** of linkshell members that can manage to clear the delve content with consistency. Alternatively you could buy a win from the current linkshell on your server and work a deal. After this assuming you still aren't in a relevant linkshell you'll be stuck on what you can do. If you have a Mage mule, you might be able to solo skirmish since you'll likely not find a shout for it (very often)...

Quote:
is the server dead now
A thread was posted about the server populations before. In the thread, the average populations per server at any given hour was around 600~800.

Quote:
too hard to get a group
The simple answer to this would be, it depends on the type of groups you like. If you want to be able to just hop in a quick group like the VW days, I'll tell you right now that will likely not happen very often(if ever). Finding a Linkshell would be your best bet, and in this case you'll likely be stuck with the ones that still can't clear material.

My OPINION: This game at its current state is not worth returning to unless you have some friends that can help you catch up to pace with the community. And even in that case, if you are looking to burn some time with an MMO I'd recommend playing FFXIV. The main reason for this is that you can catch up to speed by yourself if you want to.

Extra:
You could read Draylo's post on any one of these threads and see the same thing "This game is fabulous and best game ever.". This however, means nothing when told to someone on whether or not they should return. ***, for all we know this is his favorite game because he can stare at a twirling moogles' *** for hours on end.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-12-12 00:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that necessary? He asked for opinions and mine is one of many, no need to attack mine if you don't like it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-12-12 11:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

More time you spend deciding the less time you get to play for free. not many things in this world you get for $0 so take advantage.
[+]
By Spiraboo 2013-12-12 11:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Why ask for people's opinions? All the opinions you get will be subjective. And we all know what you're going to get because the people in ffxiah can be roughly grouped into 3:

1. people who still plays and loving it or brainwashing themselves to love it(positive response)
2. people who still plays and hating it, but the withdrawal is too bad for them to quit. (negative response but will defend the game to bits if you compare it to something.)
3. people who doesn't play but can't help it but to troll around the forum. (trollolol)

Since you are thinking of coming back I guess you have the free time, the game is currently free for 2 weeks, download the game on a pc and try it out for yourself.
[+]
By Zillion 2013-12-12 11:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

"free for everyone but zillion". day 3 and my content id is still inactive with no help at all from support
[+]
By Kimble2013 2013-12-12 11:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

when does the play for free stuff start?
By Zillion 2013-12-12 11:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

3 days ago (tuesday)
By Kimble2013 2013-12-12 11:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

guess ill check this out
By Kimble2013 2013-12-12 20:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So i just logged in to see who was on...

726 people on sylph atm...
 Phoenix.Lilithx
Server: Phoenix
user: Leine
By Phoenix.Lilithx 2013-12-12 21:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quit for a year or so. I logged in yesterday for the free playtime.
Got a new Eminent Voulge that destroys my Ukon in an hour or so and did a /sea all, 600 people online. All gear is the same, +20 to 30 stats, +7% haste on helm etc. etc.

Game's on life support. Not worth coming back imo.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Houppelande
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2013-12-12 22:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm happy for those that have moved on and found things they find fun. I'm still having a blast, and there's nothing anyone can say to change my mind ^^
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2013-12-12 22:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest, I'm overwhelmed with the amount of stuff to do and what is to come.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-12-13 00:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It is initially set at a high amount (although really merits? easy as hell to get and were pretty much useless before.) This is compensated by the double exp campaign going on atm. It ends around JAN14, which is probably when another update will occur. They probably did this so people didn't blow through the content and complain about nothing to do. Look at the previous content, the SKCNM, they were initially unable to be converted to with other seals. They compensated by giving us that campaign to get tons of seals. Then this update they let us convert and tons of people have over 1k seals lol. They already stated they plan to lower the merit cost after a little bit.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-12-13 00:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Records of eminence + Trust npcs like Kupipi = anyone on any job can solo nonstop and farm a lot of the new sparks currency and get a lot of gear+items. This game is so much more solo friendly with the trust npcs if you werent a multiboxer.

People really have to let go of the 'game is dead if theres only 500 people on'. The game has moved towards solo-6 person content, you dont need a vast pool of random pugs waiting with baited breath for the next shout to get stuff done anymore.

Voidwatch is being done with only 6-12 people and its more relevant now because merit xp is needed for AA entry KIs.
I've done an achuka wildkeeper with 8 people (we didnt shout because we wanted it to ourselves for the challenge). People are waiting around less, and shouting less because we are just going out and getting things done in smaller groups.
[+]
First Page 2