New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Any Tips to help me improve my dusty DRK
Any Tips to help me improve my dusty DRK
By Darkvlade 2013-12-11 17:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 316760

Can you help me in pointing out what needs to improve or what pieces are obsolete related to what is out there, I tried following the sticky guide, but that's more for like hardcore DRKs, I'm looking more for the casual player type, I also got a Bereaver STR path R15 and a crobaci +1 augmented (can't recall exact augment but it's Str + DMG)
I been waiting to buy a senbaak waiting to hit 3M but now that new update is bringing the new eminent GS, that might wait.

I love DRK but has always played it casually since 2004, RNG/SAM/WAR are my main in no specific order, but wanna give them a break to try DRK once again.

Thank you in advance for your support.
 Odin.Celoria
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: celoria
By Odin.Celoria 2013-12-13 13:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be your ultimate goal for 5 hit builds drk/sam

ItemSet 316758

And yours ws set should look a lot like this

ItemSet 316759

Of course each weapon you would probably want differet gear sets, but outside of rag 119 this is probably your best bet. With senbaak you would need 2 more sTP so you would probably lose the mala and go to asperity.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-12-13 16:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Celoria said: »
With senbaak you would need 2 more sTP so you would probably lose the mala and go to asperity.
For Senbaak, You could still keep Mala and just swap back to Bladeborn/Steelflash. Losing DA+1% for a gain of QA+2% would be the better tradeoff, especially if you want to raise your chance to multi-hit.
 Odin.Celoria
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: celoria
By Odin.Celoria 2013-12-15 01:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »
Odin.Celoria said: »
With senbaak you would need 2 more sTP so you would probably lose the mala and go to asperity.
For Senbaak, You could still keep Mala and just swap back to Bladeborn/Steelflash. Losing DA+1% for a gain of QA+2% would be the better tradeoff, especially if you want to raise your chance to multi-hit.

Good spot, personally though I am just aiming for these sets, drk is strong enough with or without mala, and if you have that grip I would assume you have the GS to go with it. (on the hopes that they both drop from same fights) preference is preference. Gear with what you have til you get the top imo.

Again good spot on the mala bladeborn/steelflash