Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Vishap Mail/Hands+1
Vishap Mail/Hands+1
By Ophannus 2013-12-10 17:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Inb4 the Jump TP Bonus +35 and Jump TP Bonus +30 actually mean Jump (Store TP) Bonus+35 and Jump (Store TP) Bonus+30, which will invariably just give 3.5 and 3.0 TP to those jump respectively.

Even if it was Jump TP +35 actual +35 TP, it still would only make "Jump" better than Spirit Jump but Soul Jump would still win since that gives 60+. I'd bet my life SE just meant it gives Store TP+30/35. For example Barone Corazza gives us literally +2.5 TP on Jump/High Jump but SE would probably word it Jump TP Bonus +25
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2013-12-10 17:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering Barone is worded exactly the same as this armour I would imagine it would work exactly the same and for high jump as well only time will tell I guess.

Edit: This will make drgs new 1hour extremely useful lol.
By Bleusummers 2013-12-10 17:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If the Jumps as written on the gear were literal than Jump would now be better than Spirit Jump and correct? The greaves +1 is that +22 dmg or +22 TP ya think?

These AF119 pieces are beginning to look more and more lucrative :)
By Ophannus 2013-12-10 17:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you talking about. Barone is "Jump TP Bonus" this armor is "Jump TP Bonus+35". Previously it was known that Vishap gave ~3% TP on Jump and High Jump just like Barone gives 2.5% TP on Jump and High Jump. Martel recently discovered that Jump TP Bonus stacks with Store TP. Put 2 and 2 together, does it make sense now? The reason why it stacked is because it's the same trait behind the scenes.

Barone Corazza isn't Jump TP Bonus +2.5, it's Jump Store TP Bonus +25. Vishap Mail+1 probably gives you 3.5 TP because it's Jump Store TP Bonus +35. No other AF119 had such a drastic boost in change, mostly 0-2% change in all stats that affected JAs. I doubt NQ Vishap would give +3/3.5 on Jumps and the +1 would give 30/35, that's a 900% increase.
By Ophannus 2013-12-10 17:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell even if it gave straight plus 30-35 TP to Jump/High Jump, Soul Jump would still be better most likely lol. Well at least they make pretty decent WS pieces, though they a lot of ATT/acc but have nice STR/DEX Mikinaak. Vishap Mail+1 looks like a nice win for Stardiver, as do the legs(wonder if that beats Cizin with 2% DA Aug, probably not)
By Bleusummers 2013-12-10 18:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I still prefer miki over cizin personally for SD for the same STR and +33Att & +28 Acc but vishap +1 Def looks like a good replacement for SD though.
By Ophannus 2013-12-22 03:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It's +3.5, I just tested Vishap Mail+1
 Lakshmi.Aramaic
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aramaic
By Lakshmi.Aramaic 2013-12-22 04:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a typo. They just didn't write it in simple terms. Works the same as store tp whereas for every 10 Store TP you get an extra 1 full TP per swing. In this instance +1 mail and hands are 65 Jump TP Bonus or 6.5 extra tp when used.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2013-12-22 05:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
What are you talking about. Barone is "Jump TP Bonus" this armor is "Jump TP Bonus+35". Previously it was known that Vishap gave ~3% TP on Jump and High Jump just like Barone gives 2.5% TP on Jump and High Jump. Martel recently discovered that Jump TP Bonus stacks with Store TP. Put 2 and 2 together, does it make sense now? The reason why it stacked is because it's the same trait behind the scenes.

Barone Corazza isn't Jump TP Bonus +2.5, it's Jump Store TP Bonus +25. Vishap Mail+1 probably gives you 3.5 TP because it's Jump Store TP Bonus +35. No other AF119 had such a drastic boost in change, mostly 0-2% change in all stats that affected JAs. I doubt NQ Vishap would give +3/3.5 on Jumps and the +1 would give 30/35, that's a 900% increase.

I am not sure if you are just writing this strangely, or you do not know how Store TP works. Jump Bonus is a straight +TP number that is added to your base return. Store TP is a bonus that is multiplied by the base return. Jump Bonus and Store TP do not "stack," and it is inappropriate to call it "Jump Store TP Bonus," as it implies that it is a Store TP Bonus strictly applied to jumps and added to other Store TP amounts. Martel's testing shows that Store TP is multiplied after the Jump Bonus is added to the base value, whereas before it was assumed that it was added afterwards.

Taking the formula from BGwiki:
TP/hit = floor( Base TP/hit × (100 + Store TP Total)÷100 , 0.1)
is applied to jumps as
TP/hit = floor( (Base TP/hit + Jump Bonus/10) × (100 + Store TP Total)÷100 , 0.1)

Furthermore, I'd like to point out you look asinine for assuming that because SE did not write a number the way you expected, it makes it fair to talk down to someone by responding with "what are you talking about," followed by "2+2 proof" that you apparently did not understand yourself. It was reasonable to consider that it worked no differently from Barone (as is the case), but that SE's "+35" is equivalent to our definition of "+3.5" because they may calculate TP in terms of whole integers before multiplying the final result by 0.1.

Edit, as I take so long to post something that I missed this:

Lakshmi.Aramaic said: »
It's not a typo. They just didn't write it in simple terms. Works the same as store tp whereas for every 10 Store TP you get an extra 1 full TP per swing. In this instance +1 mail and hands are 65 Jump TP Bonus or 6.5 extra tp when used.

10 STP is not +1 TP. If your base return is 15 TP per hit, you will gain 15*1.1, or 16.5 per hit.
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-22 11:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Really sad a few really nice looking pieces like this and the PLD hands turned out to be nothing more than a complete let down due to misunderstandings and mistakes.
 Asura.Lauriant
Server: Asura
user: Lauriant
By Asura.Lauriant 2013-12-22 11:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Vishap didn't look good from start as 109 version lol can't talk on +1 cuz haven't looked :p
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-22 12:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I mean it looks nice if it was a real +30/35 boost rather than 3.0/3.5 boost. A 65 TP bonus on Jumps would make Jumps useful outside of Spirit and Soul, but, the gear is horribly not useful, and SE never makes Jump+ stuff affect all Jumps, which it should, so that these pieces are useful.
By Ophannus 2013-12-22 15:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If capped acc/atk, mail is the best stardiver pieces, otherwise legs for healing breath, head for extra def when trigger hb. Feet are decent for ws, more str than whirlpool but you take a huge hit to acc and atk. Hopefully relic gear is somewhat better and offer more unique stats, otherwise we'll have to wait for ilvl empyrean gear to get any useful job specific boosts
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-12-22 16:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shut up, Ophannus.
[+]
By Ophannus 2013-12-22 16:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Kenrusai, please.
[+]