First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 ... 73 74 75
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-20 08:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Malothar said: »
I precast with it as well. That doesn't prevent it from being an issue in Dynamis though.
I dunno. I precast, miscast and idle with Dunna, really doubt lost packets in laggy content is gonna affect me.
So far they haven't!

But I do share your concern in caring for such things.
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-10-20 18:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Chocobro said: »
I retooled the BLU spreadsheet and came out with this Flash Nova set:

ItemSet 362296

Might be some better accessories out there I'm forgetting. Bagua +3 seems to beat out Jhakri +2 on all pieces but hands. In a magic COR party, you can put out some decent numbers. No where near Leaden, but it's respectable.

It's sad that Flash Nova is a better magic option for me than actual elemental magic. They need to do something about nukes.

Edit: Orpheus's Sash and Epaminondas's Ring from Trove will be better if you can get your hands on them.

Curious if you ran Amalric+1 against the Relic to figure out this set or just the Jakari? I am not good at spreadsheets to figuing things out and just from eyeballing is it the High INT/MaB that makes Relic+3 pop here?
 Sylph.Chocobro
Server: Sylph
user: Bilix
By Sylph.Chocobro 2018-10-20 19:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Agerine said: »
Curious if you ran Amalric+1 against the Relic to figure out this set or just the Jakari? I am not good at spreadsheets to figuing things out and just from eyeballing is it the High INT/MaB that makes Relic+3 pop here?

I overlooked Amalric +1. From what I'm seeing, the pants are the only piece that are a slight decrease and may be better if you plan on closing skillchains. Unfortunately, the other pieces seem to perform far below bagua to benefit from set bonus.

A lot of things make Bagua shine. Lots of MAB, MAcc, STR and MND for WSD, and INT for dStat. Amalric lacking STR and MND is likely what causes it to be worse than Bagua +3.
 Bahamut.Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-10-20 19:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Agerine said: »

I overlooked Amalric +1. From what I'm seeing, the pants are the only piece that are a slight decrease and may be better if you plan on closing skillchains. Unfortunately, the other pieces seem to perform far below bagua to benefit from set bonus.

A lot of things make Bagua shine. Lots of MAB, MAcc, STR and MND for WSD, and INT for dStat. Amalric lacking STR and MND is likely what causes it to be worse than Bagua +3.

Hey, thanks a ton for runnin some numbers and giving input. This is a new pet project of mine and seems to be decently viable for content as long as I don’t do something stupid and die or make party members die or lose DPS. I have been playing whm and straight support Geo/rdm for a while so learning about melee is kinda new and fun.

Also, would it be fair to assume that a god tier oseem WSD and mac/mab would replace any of those pieces? Concidering the wsd 7 on the Jak gloves beating out Bagua gloves?

Last I can think of right now...What Stats do you have on Ambu cape for this? Macc/Int/Wsd?
 Sylph.Chocobro
By Sylph.Chocobro 2018-10-20 21:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It's possible. You'd have to get really lucky on dark matter. Let's just say that even 10% WSD isn't going to beat it. You would need some MAB and/or STR/MND in addition.
 Bahamut.Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-10-20 22:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's possible. You'd have to get really lucky on dark matter. Let's just say that even 10% WSD isn't going to beat it. You would need some MAB and/or STR/MND in addition.

Makes sense, god tier oseem is a whole thing and hard to rely on. Made Body+3 tonight and have had feet+3 for a while. Legs/Head in that set is pretty expensive on Bahamut so I will slowly work on those and see what sorta numbers I hit out here. I have everything else already except Adoulin Ring for my RDM melee :)

General Question here for AM3 upkeep since I am new to this type of game play. I assume that if the 3 minute timer is running low(30s or so) to keep TP until it runs out? idk much about Mythic game play yet and hopin to learn a bit about how to keep that ***up since it doesnt Overide itself and once it wears off you are back to the stone ages. Also, I guess I should just test this in game (just logged out) but can you cancel out AM effects like you would Pro/shell and reapply AM3 as needed?

Sorry for so many questions but no shame in askin.
 Sylph.Chocobro
By Sylph.Chocobro 2018-10-22 13:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ideally you would want to build up 3k TP when AM3 is running low to get it back up. You can't cancel AM effect unless you switch weapons, but then you're losing your TP anyway. I still sometimes forget to keep track of the timer and get punished for letting it slip.
 Shiva.Phioness
Server: Shiva
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2018-10-24 04:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Question: When I cast GEO spells and have capped 900 handbell/geo skill , is it optimal to cast in Azimuth+1/Partial Conserve MP Set <versus> a maxed Conserve MP set?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-24 05:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Friend of mine had an error in Lua and didn't use his Idris for real for months.

I don't believe this is me you're referencing but I had this happen. I had it in my lua for my Indi spells, was new to gearswap, and thought it was a combine for my geomancy spells. Didn't notice for 1-2 months or something because the Idris is only used on the alt and thus much less common to notice.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-24 05:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, it's pretty noticeable, if you look
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-24 06:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Yeah, I noticed it because I was out in Toraimarai canal on my GEO and actively playing it. Don't remember why I was out there, but all it took was a bit of me actively playing the GEO to notice something was off and I checked my lua's to better understand how it worked.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-10-24 08:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »

Yeah, I noticed it because I was out in Toraimarai canal on my GEO and actively playing it. Don't remember why I was out there, but all it took was a bit of me actively playing the GEO to notice something was off and I checked my lua's to better understand how it worked.
When I lost my C drive and all my gearswaps, I switched(upgraded) to Selindrile gearswap and my mule was not midcasting in Idris, it took me a couple weeks to notice when I was doing some Nuke testing and my numbers start coming out low. So been there, done that.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-24 10:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Friend of mine had an error in Lua and didn't use his Idris for real for months.

I don't believe this is me you're referencing but I had this happen.
Yeah I know about you, but I was talkin about another friend :)
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2018-10-24 12:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Phioness said: »
Question: When I cast GEO spells and have capped 900 handbell/geo skill , is it optimal to cast in Azimuth+1/Partial Conserve MP Set <versus> a maxed Conserve MP set?

Personal preference IMO. Personally I find the Azimuth rate to be too low to bother (1% per piece per BGwiki, I've never tested it personally). Hopefully Empy +2/3 will toss in some unique stats that makes it worth casting in. Maybe a piece or two with conserve MP, maybe some with the new Luopan duration stat, etc. As it is now, I'd rather be nearly guaranteed to save 28%~ MP, rather than a 30%~ chance of saving nothing with a 5% chance of a free spell.
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2018-11-04 12:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So these sets in the OP seem very high end, and not immediately obtainable for everyone. What are some recommendations for a newly 99 GEO?

Current plan is:

1: Get a Solstice and a Dunna
2: Get all the Reforged AF/Relic/Empy+1, and plug it in wherever it fits.
3: Get ?? from Geas Fete and stuff. Not sure what I need from here just yes, but I already got the Geomancy skill torque
4: Omen upgrades

But I’m not really sure what to target yet as far as specific pieces go... suggestions appreciated!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-11-05 00:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure a wide margin of end game Geos already know this but it got asked in one of my end game shells tonight so I figured I post it here too.

Bagua Galero +2 adds 500 HP and Bagua Galero +3 600 HP to your luopan and if you casted it with the hat on it starts with the bonus HP already.

Blaze of Glory does use the new HP to calculate how much to reduce your luopans HP to. So if you want to take it off right after casting the luapan that's fine and your luopan would be starting with 90.83% or 95% HPP depending on +2/+3. Those numbers are for if you have the 20 BoG JPs btw.

Edit: Maybe not the best idea based on Snaps test 2 posts below.
[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-11-05 01:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
I'm pretty sure a wide margin of end game Geos already know this but it got asked in one of my end game shells tonight so I figured I post it here too.

Bagua Galero +2 adds 500 HP and Bagua Galero +3 600 HP to your luopan and if you casted it with the hat on it starts with the bonus HP already.

Blaze of Glory does use the new HP to calculate how much to reduce your luopans HP to. So if you want to take it off right after casting the luapan that's fine and your luopan would be starting with 90.83% or 95% HPP depending on +2/+3. Those numbers are for if you have the 20 BoG JPs btw.

Between this piece and the Geo neck looks like SE gave a few bones for Loupon MGMT.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-11-05 01:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I did some testing to verify this. It works but after looking into it more, you probably don't want to do this. The HP loss/tick scales when you use the Galero +2/3 on your Geomancy midcast. You end up with -7~8 more HP loss per tick on your Luopan.
[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-11-05 01:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »

I did some testing to verify this. It works but after looking into it more, you probably don't want to do this. The HP loss/tick scales when you use the Galero +2/3 on your Geomancy midcast. You end up with -7~8 more HP loss per tick on your Luopan.

With Removing the piece or just casting with it on in general? that seems like a pretttttty hard penalty for what should be a positive piece of gear.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-11-05 01:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Interesting, I had not thought to test for that months ago.

That might explain why the new jse neck was weirdly done instead of just being Regen :/
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-11-05 01:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The luopan slip damage is determined at cast time so removing the gear doesn't matter.

On the other hand, didn't someone report that the bagua charm +duration actually functions by reducing slip? It should help offset it at least even if it can't fully compensate for the difference.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-11-05 01:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I've not yet gotten the Relic head, but I'll probably utilize it once I do. I'm not too worried about the slip damage in this scenario.

There are basically two types of fights, one where luopan doesn't take any damage, and in this scenario I can use a full pet regen set that will still counteract the slip damage. In the other the luopan will be taking damage, and with the neck will absorb 10% of that damage. Being at a higher % of HP increases the chance of getting a heal off in time.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-11-05 01:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It does reduce slip. I did a lot of testing just now to see how it interacts with LE/EA.

Assuming 1680 Luopan HP

0 pet regen gear, rank 22 neck

Neck only duration - 265 seconds (19~ HP/tick) (floor(24 * (1 - .22))
Neck and LE duration - 387 seconds (13~ HP/tick) (floor(17 * (1 - .22))

So it looks like it's multiplied against the HP loss term after EA/LE are calculated although I didn't test having both up.

You can get 33 regen from gear while still using Idris and full pet DT. With capped neck and stacking EA/LE (using Random Deal or even just waiting) you can get a 1.75 potency luopan with 10% absorbs damage, 16 HP net regen, and 87.5% DT. Seems maybe useful for dynamis if you want to have bolster like buffs and can pull mobs to some kind of 'base camp' where you leave your bubbles out.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-11-05 01:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

In regards to the using Bagero for Geomancy midcast, it depends on how long you expect it to be alive for. At an additional 8 HP per tick, the 420 HP gained from Bagero will take 53 ticks or 159 seconds to decay away. If you want your BoG Luopan to survive for more than 2.5 minutes than it's definitely not worth using. I don't think neck is going to save it because of variance.

You can put it in your idle though if you're doing some 'base camp strategy'. If your pet hpp gets high enough you can eventually start to climb above 1680 Luopan HP by swapping it in.

I also think EA/LE will be affected by having Galero in when you cast your Luopan. Those abilities seem to scale against the base slip rate. So Galero might be more feasible if you plan on using LE.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-11-05 01:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

That all seems a bit quick to write off considering you're not factoring in Dematerialize or Life Cycle. Those and neck heal procs should keep a luopan alive for a 4-5min fight, which would fit for a number of Ambuscade fights as well.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-11-05 09:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »
So these sets in the OP seem very high end, and not immediately obtainable for everyone. What are some recommendations for a newly 99 GEO?

Current plan is:

1: Get a Solstice and a Dunna
2: Get all the Reforged AF/Relic/Empy+1, and plug it in wherever it fits.
3: Get ?? from Geas Fete and stuff. Not sure what I need from here just yes, but I already got the Geomancy skill torque
4: Omen upgrades

But I’m not really sure what to target yet as far as specific pieces go... suggestions appreciated!

The guide on BGWiki has more tiers for a few sets.

JSE capes are both good. Lifestream's (potential) +20 Indi duration is better (I want to say it's a +20% versus flat +20 seconds on Ambuscade one).

Since you're (presumably) staring down a lot of Apex grind, I'd suggest trying to pull together a pet regen set. The point is to allow for a Blaze of Glory'ed luopan (ideally Ecliptic Attrition'ed as well) to last until the BoG timer is back up (luopans will disappear after 10 minutes regardless). It's limited in use, but for cases like Apex parties where you're sitting in place for a while, it's a major performance gain. The easy options there are Empyrean +1 head, Relic +1/2/3 feet, and properly augmented Telchine in other slots plus Ambuscade cape. Isa Belt and Sucellus if those are not out of reach.

If you didn't already, try to get the other torques to get Incanter's synthed. That way you get +10 of both Handbell and Geomancy.

A lot of drops serve to build your other sets up rather than Geomancy, which largely gets boosted by JSE. In turn, it's likely a matter of what you already have for things like healing, enfeebling, or nuking.

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Just got idris without 900 skill, how do I geo?

Buff sets?, idle is it better for pet dt or pet regen? Is Eas worth using for nuking or should I chase the pipe dream of merlinic augments and the venerian set +1. Not interested in enfeeble or cure sets.

Also subjob choice? Nin? Dnc?

Buffs are mostly a matter of +indi duration (for those) or skill, though 900 isn't worth worrying too much about. Gifts will make that trivial to hit in the long run, so time spent fussing over max skill sets is time better spent killing Apex mobs.

Idris pretty much lets you cap pet DT with little compromise. Luopans have -50% DT natively, of the -87.5% cap. With Idris alone, you're sitting at -75%, and can easily get another -13% with either AF+3 hands or Dunna/Ambuscade Cape/Isa Belt.
Either leaves plenty of slots open for pet regen or DT/etc for yourself, depending on what'd be more helpful.

Ea would probably depend on usage. It's a quick way to a decent burst set (if not a really good one with +1), but it's pretty lackluster for free nuking.
If you're looking at doing more lower end/pre-ilevel stuff on GEO, you'll probably get great use out of a Seidr Cotehardie. Particularly if wanting to use -ra spells for clearing out fodder.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-11-05 12:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

That all seems a bit quick to write off considering you're not factoring in Dematerialize or Life Cycle. Those and neck heal procs should keep a luopan alive for a 4-5min fight, which would fit for a number of Ambuscade fights as well.

I don't think Life Cycle isn't going to help the case for Galero midcast. It seems like it would count against. Demat seems neutral because it's just 1 minute of not taking damage (although if your Luopan can regen with Demat, then this would also work against Galero midcast.)

It does seem interesting for putting in Life Cycle precast and using it immediately after put down a BoG Luopan. You could then idle in Galero to retain the recovered HP although you would need avoid swapping it out above 73% pet hpp or you would lose the extra HP.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-11-05 12:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anybody know what the base stats for Luopans are and how often they resist things? I'm working towards the following set.

ItemSet 362783

I have mostly everything, although my Helios is only upgraded with +3 Pet Regen but I'm thinking of putting Snoworb augments on them as well. Leaning toward's Pet Magic Evasion but Pet Defense also seems okay.
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 ... 73 74 75