Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-11-24 12:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Sell your plutons and start buying alexandrite. Gungnir is officially the worst relic.

Wow, this is finally true. Before it was possible to argue for Claustrum being the worst Relic, but not anymore.
[+]
By Ophannus 2013-11-24 12:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Why/how is Rhongomiant better than Gungnir?
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2013-11-24 12:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't overwrite Angon was the only point I was making in saying that.
 Fenrir.Deno
Server: Fenrir
user: deno
By Fenrir.Deno 2013-11-24 12:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rotate Gungnir and Upu depending on Angon up or down, who gives a clefairy about the TP loss when you can just jump all over things
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-11-24 13:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, no. Also plutons are bound to stay expensive much longer than beitetsu, so a 119 ryuno won't even end up costing that much more than a 119 relic I bet. JPs will pay 600k for large amounts of plutons.
By Bleusummers 2013-11-24 15:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

awwww mane >_< are we all just "assuming" that the defense down issue and possibly (im reaching a bit) that the ODD effect on Gungnir doesn't work on our jumps....? Has anyone with a upgraded one shared data yet... because if no one has 119'd it and this is all speculation, that it is still the dreaded terrible polearm i wouldn't mind upgrading it to help the community. . . i suppose -_-
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2013-11-24 15:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done test server ODD jump tests for Gungnir and rhongomiant before(doesn't work.) Certainly, those were for the 99 versions, but thus far, no one has reported any major mechanics changes going from 99 to 119. Atm there's no reason to believe anything but DMG and skill+ has changed on melee RME.

"Speculation" based on past precedent is generally considered a reasonable assumption.
By Bleusummers 2013-11-24 15:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Very true Martel, i could accept that but Matsui did say in one of his quotes "changes to certain RME's were made to fix previous issues" "Nirvana was one of the weapons that we completely revamped"
now im just going out on a limb here but lol if they saw the new to upgrade/revamp Nirvana im just saying...

our relic has been broken for forever shock spikes/stupid defense down...

so yeah i guess im just hoping for the best
[+]
By Ophannus 2013-11-24 20:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So annoying that ODD from Gungnir doesn't work on Jumps yet ranged relics work on barrage. Seems like such an oversight.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [74 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-02-06 13:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

so they're fixing angon in feb., the dps spreadsheet nnumbers had upi coming out ahead of gung by a small margin, but would having 17% def down when angon isn't up tip the scales in gungnirs favor for certain events?
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-02-06 13:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Sell your plutons and start buying alexandrite. Gungnir is officially the worst relic.

Wow, this is finally true. Before it was possible to argue for Claustrum being the worst Relic, but not anymore.

Yah, Claustrum now has ridiculous base damage compared to equal I.lv staves... I want it... Now... for SMN Melee.
 Bismarck.Osaia
Server: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2014-02-20 17:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious about this myself, since the Def down overwrite has been fixed, what does gungnir look like in the overall tier of weapons to use?
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-02-20 17:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I can only speak for Bravura but the evasion down procs often even on really hard stuff which has prove to be useful. Gungnir might be the Polearm to use for big fights. 17% defense down is a 20.4% increase in attack for everyone in the alliance. With Dia II it's a 25.1% increase. If you have Dia III or frailty then it gets really stupid.
 Lakshmi.Tanama
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2014-03-05 15:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So, is the polearm hierarchy more or less the same after the update?

Off the top of my head:

1. Ryunohige
?. Rhongomiant
?. Gungnir
4. Upukirex
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-03-05 16:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Last I checked, it'd be;
1:Ryunohige
2:Upukirex
3:Gungnir
4:Rhongomiant

Or, IF Gungnir gets to use it's def- effect, or is benefiting from its acc.

1:Ryunohige
2:Gungnir
3:Upukirex
4:Rhongomiant
[+]
By Ophannus 2014-03-06 22:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The Skirmish+2 polearm might be up there too, it has comparable base dmg to Upukirex with the base dmg augment(+25-27) and can get DA, and +WSD 5-10% and stuff too. Might push Rhongo out since using Camlann's for any reason is a terrible choice. Im hoping SE releases an ilvl OAT Polearm Chauve-Souris/Corsesca again. I remember when it first came out, it was pretty much the best non ryu polearm and boy was it fun having a full time 45% OAT rate.
By Jetackuu 2014-03-06 22:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The only one hopping in here thinking it may just be a thread about 119 year olds comparing their "polearms" ?

no?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-03-06 23:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
Im hoping SE releases an ilvl OAT Polearm Chauve-Souris/Corsesca again. I remember when it first came out, it was pretty much the best non ryu polearm and boy was it fun having a full time 45% OAT rate.
I had a lot of fun with my OAT polearm pre-RYU. But god was it a ugly looking thing. If they add a new OAT, please use a better model....

Ophannus said: »
The Skirmish+2 polearm might be up there too, it has comparable base dmg to Upukirex with the base dmg augment(+25-27) and can get DA, and +WSD 5-10% and stuff too. Might push Rhongo out since using Camlann's for any reason is a terrible choice.

Ran some quick stuff on the skirmish +2 polearm.

Upukirex:810 DPS
Qatsunoci +2 with DMG+26, STR+8, and DA+2: 808 DPS

How the next part goes, depnds on what model the WS dmg follows. If it works like WS dmg+gear(phorcys, etc. proc on first hit only) then

Qatsunoci +2 with DMG+26, STR+8, WSDMG+10%: 805 DPS

If it works like the relic/mythic bonuses, and applies to all hits, then;

Qatsunoci +2 with DMG+26, STR+8, WSDMG+10%: 845 DPS

I haven't seen any testing on the wsdmg augment yet, so I dunno which it'd be.
[+]