Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Fly High duration
Fly High duration
By Ophannus 2013-11-11 10:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it just me or is Fly High's duration 30s? The update notes say 45s but I think SE shafted us again.
 Ragnarok.Takagi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Takagi
By Ragnarok.Takagi 2013-11-12 08:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

ya it is. I posted something on official forums, but I guess I posted it in the wrong area. not a single response
 Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sanriku
By Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku 2013-11-12 12:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I've tested it a few times, and it is in fact 30 sec.

However, with that 30 sec I've been able to get off 6-7 WS's, so I can't wait to see what happens when they change it to 45 lol
By Ophannus 2013-11-12 16:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? Even when I'm /SAM the 2 Jumps give me 40/60 TP each not counting DA/TAs. In 30 seconds, you can only get off 2 Spirit Jumps and 2 Soul Jumps. If you just used both your Jumps I guess the SP2 restores the timers so in that situation it would be 3 of each type of Jump.

10 second recast would technically mean you could use the Jumps 3x in that period but remember JAs have 2sec delay. So assuming no DA/TA on Spirit/Soul Jump, combined you get 200% TP or enough for 2 extra WS. Or if you used it right after using both Jumps and restored the jump timers, it'd be 300% TP. Excuse me if I sound negative or jaded but it's actually a rather crappy SP2 until the duration is increased to 45seconds or Jump timers reduced to 5 seconds. It stands as a Meikyo Shisui-1 that can miss and with how flimsy DRG's DPS is without Ryuno, it's a lackluster SP2. For Ryuno users it's absurdly powerful. Better start making yours.
 Asura.Reichleiu
Server: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2013-11-14 06:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

In my experience.. You can always get off 3 of each jump with this ability within 30 seconds. If you pop both jumps at the start..10 to 12 seconds later you can jump again. This means you have 20 to 18 seconds to get you last set in.

If you jump right before the SP and then follow the above formula.. You are able to jump again right after the SP ends for a total of 10 jumps in about 35 to 40 seconds. Without multi attack, this would result in a minimum of 5 weaponskills.

But I was also under the impression the duration was going to be 45 seconds. I guess SE felt like that was a bit overpowered. Either way, our new ability is pretty great.