Forum » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » Delve Bosses
Delve Bosses
 Carbuncle.Laitha
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Laitha
By Carbuncle.Laitha 2013-11-06 04:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I just came back from a 6 month break and my ls is gone. What would be the best course of action to get in with a ls that does the new content? Anyone looking for a Bruce Campbell look alike :) ?
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-11-06 05:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

assuming you know how to wield your whm and anni rng you should have 0 problems getting in to pugs or an ls doin delve on any server
[+]
 Carbuncle.Laitha
By Carbuncle.Laitha 2013-11-06 06:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Anjisnu I guess i need to dust off my whm and gear it up since I kinda have neglected it but my rng is pretty great gear wise.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-11-06 06:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What? No. Just no.

1. Stay away from pick up groups unless you know for sure that the organizer is competent. On bismarck, a good 90% of them are terrible.

2. Your anni's not going to do anything for you. Showing up with grossly outdated gear and what appears to be a 95 anni isn't going to make anyone competent leader happy about accepting you as a member. Luckily, you can just buy the strongest gun

Donderbuss

Once you get a bunch of up-to-date pieces, you can start offering to come RNG.

BEST route for you is to either become an epic WHM or COR. For WHM, level your SCH or...or......what the hell were you using as a sub to WHM before you took a break? I'm gonna go ahead and assume you didn't care for WHM so I'll skip over it.

Other option is to go COR. Get the AF3+2 hands and augment the AF2+2 head. Buy a Donderbuss, merit Last Stand and shoot things. You'll do terrible damage at first but it'll get better as your gear improves.

All else fails, level GEO. GEO isn't used as much these days, but you can always find room for another, given the group doesn't already have 2 who can't switch to a different job.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Laitha
By Carbuncle.Laitha 2013-11-06 07:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

i could go cor since it has better gear than my whm and well better subs. as far as buying that gun i dont see it selling in months on ah so i guess i could put it as wanted gear for 20 mil but for that much i could upgrade my anni to 99 then upgrade again to new 99 lvl released in this last update.
By Spiraboo 2013-11-06 07:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

anni 99 still do good in delve (more so persumably if you upgrade your relic with the new update!), though the problem you'll find is that most people are leaning towards tojil like setups. So I wouldn't put too much hope in getting in on rng.

Cor is your best bet if you want to make sure you have the least impact in failure. The amount of whms who brings down a shark run due to slow reaction or standing in the wrong place is ridiculous @_@; But whm will be a lot more rewarding than Cor :P

But what you're likely to find is that most of those slots will be taken really fast, if you want to be forever wanted brd with 3+song is your best bet.

And make sure you have way points (preferably the biv# that's closest to the delve entrance) to all locations, don't be that guy who everyone waits for to get there. :P
 Carbuncle.Laitha
By Carbuncle.Laitha 2013-11-06 08:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info everyone!
 Carbuncle.Nightmarelord
user: BushinNmL
By Carbuncle.Nightmarelord 2013-11-08 10:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shouldn't be too hard for you to pick up and get going laith. alot of these people who respond arent carby natives or even on carby for the general effect, thus they may have "decent" replies "on paper" but they dont know how carbuncle works. I'd suggest just trying to fix / get things you want, apparently yoichi was the way to go all along. O_O

Maybe I should return and we can mess with stuff together. Guess we'll see.

Hit me up!
By cervelo84 2013-11-18 07:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I am transferring to this server with my wife's character. My friend is going to let me use her character on Carbuncle since my account is gone! See you soon. How long does a server transfer take anyways?
 Carbuncle.Nightmarelord
user: BushinNmL
By Carbuncle.Nightmarelord 2013-11-19 11:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Transfer is instant once you pay for it. not that paying to come to this server is logical in any sense.
[+]
By cervelo84 2013-11-19 12:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

We can play together Nightmarelord.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [79 days between previous and next post]
By maddogzz 2014-02-06 10:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

you will be sorry, this is a JP server and at any given time may only have around 700-800 ppl , which are mostly JP (lol)

Trust me I've been thinking about leaving this server ever since I got here, it is dull and boring.

But don't take my word for it :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-02-06 10:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

lol