Forum » FFXIAH.com » Help » jacked
jacked
 Fairy.Telamon
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: prisonsex
By Fairy.Telamon 2008-06-16 19:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I found that my POL password was not working, so i called POL support, and couldn't reset it since my credit card number doesn't match what's on the records.

I have to go through a lengthy process now to get this all sorted out.

If I could see my character equipment profile, I would be able to tell for sure if my character was stripped of it's gear and confirm that my account was stolen. Unfortunately, a few weeks ago, I removed the URL to my POL character profile from the ffxiah site.

I don't know exactly how the community portal works, but is it possible for someone to log in to the playonline community portal, and check my URL? you can just search for the LS Grandeur on Fairy, or by character name Telamon.

I'd appreciate any help or insight.

Telamon
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-06-16 20:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I pulled your previous LS Comm profile URL from our records, from before you removed it. Unfortunately I can't get any data out of it. The account appears to either have been set to no longer be public, or the data is in some kind of lock due to you contesting the account.
 Fairy.Telamon
By Fairy.Telamon 2008-06-17 12:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The support rep said that he jailed my account, so that might be the reason that we can't see the profile.

I need to mail a notarized form to SE/PO to begin the investigation and regain control of my account. It will probably take a few weeks, but I'll post the outcome here.

Thanks a lot for your help.
 Fairy.Telamon
By Fairy.Telamon 2008-06-18 22:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just keeping a record here for others.

I had a lot of problems getting the necessary forms from SE. Long story short, their email system sucks.

I finally found the documents I needed, courtesy of Jeny on Lakshmi:

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28240

US Form:
http://www.jenstudios.net/FINAL_FANTASY_XI_NOTARIZED_ACCOUNT_VERIFICATION_DECLARATION.pdf

Canadian Form:
http://www.jenstudios.net/FINAL_FANTASY_XI_NOTARIZED_ACCOUNT_VERIFICATION_DECLARATION_-_Canada.pdf

I'll be going to the bank tomorrow to (hopefully) get it notarized, and then send it off to California by certified mail to begin the investigation on my account.
 Fairy.Telamon
By Fairy.Telamon 2008-07-06 16:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

06/20: Account recovery form mailed via express post. I used certified mail, confirming the date when dropped off. NOT requesting a signature.
06/23: Confirmed drop-off at destination.
06/26: Received an email from Playonline confirming account verification form.
06/26: Contacted playonline information center and regained control of my account.
06/27: Contacted Playonline and began the game data recovery process.
07/05: Got an automated email confirming data recovery as complete.

I got most of my stuff back.. Of course lost everything in the delivery box/AH. I'll be contacting Playonline again on Monday to credit me for the World transfer that was charged on my visa.
 Garuda.Littledarc
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2008-07-19 18:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

thats actually pretty fast for SE. it took my friend MONTHS to get control of his character back and he didn;t get any of his items back. i'm glad it worked out well for you though. i'm off to take all 36 cycles out of my delivery box just in case i'm next ^^;
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [73 days between previous and next post]
 Fairy.Telamon
By Fairy.Telamon 2008-09-30 13:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

09/30 - Square Enix Credited me for unauthorized world transfer.

:shock:
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
Server: Unicorn
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2008-09-30 13:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

They seem to be getting their act together for cases like this.