Why Does POL Hate Me?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Why does POL hate me?
Why does POL hate me?
 Remora.Dusten
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Dusten
By Remora.Dusten 2009-07-16 18:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm an xbox 360 user and my xbox broke recently, so I sent it in and my brother let me borrow his 360 while mine was getting repaired. I put my hard drive in his xbox, started up playonline and when I tried to sign in, it said my account was banned and gave me this (LM-17) thing. I went and called up POL and the guy unbanned me right there on the phone; I had to reinstall ffxi again but I was able to play it afterward. Now my xbox is back and I put my hard drive in my repaired xbox and the same (LM-17) ban appears again. This time when I call playonline the guy said that my account is banned due to "irregular activities". When I asked what that even meant, he said it didnt say. He then said that he'll send a ban complaint and I'll be contacted and unbanned IF it "proves to be in my favor". I asked the guy how long this whole ban complaint process will take and he said that he had no idea. I'm just wondering if anybody else has had this problem and if so, how long it would take for my account to get unbanned. Sorry for making this post so long and please help me if you can.
 Bahamut.Jyoshua
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Jyoshua 2009-07-17 02:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm .. That's odd I play FFXI on 360 as well and play between 2 machines and sometimes a comp. so I don't think that would be the cause (diferent ips, or mac ids or such).. perhaps because u r switching the hard drive between machines.. they do have stuff to check that so people dont copy downloadable content to other machines ..... or maybe "The Beast" ..

thats my theories gl with this hope it doesnt persist
 Bismarck.Verace
Server: Bismarck
user: Verace
By Bismarck.Verace 2009-07-17 04:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

kinda why i never use another 360...could be cos of switching the 360's around like that, some friendly advice get a PS2 or if ur PC can play FFXI use that next time phailbox phails. XD im sure u will be unbanned within the week seeing its not like ur a RMT or useing 3rd party tools. gl i hope u get ur account bak ^^
[+]
 Odin.Gummybear
Server: Odin
user: Gummybear
By Odin.Gummybear 2009-07-24 15:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still banned for supposedly more then one person having access to my account. They still haven't responded, I've submitted two ban complaints. I also stated I have a security token on it, how the heck could someone unauthorized use my account without it.
 Fairy.Ryezen
Server: Fairy
user: Ryezen
By Fairy.Ryezen 2009-07-24 16:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had _part_ of the problem you mentioned. Whenever I switch my hard drive to another 360 (like if I want to just take the hard drive to the living room to play games on the big-screen instead of the smaller TV in the bedroom), I have to reinstall the game. Not sure why that happens. Same Live account, same data, but I get a message saying POL can't be started, and the only way I can fix it is to uninstall the game and reinstall it. Takes way to long to do, so it's much easier just to take the whole system into the other room.
 Odin.Gummybear
Server: Odin
user: Gummybear
By Odin.Gummybear 2009-07-24 18:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I get the feeling though that all our accounts will be restored... Just God knows how long...
 Bismarck.Nadesco
Server: Bismarck
user: nadesco
By Bismarck.Nadesco 2009-07-24 18:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Dusten said:
I'm an xbox 360 user

there is your problem
PC ftw
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]
 Remora.Dusten
By Remora.Dusten 2009-09-14 00:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Just an update. Im still banned after submitting the ban complaint over 2 months ago. I really don't think that PoL cares about us and just say that they submit ban complaints but really just do nothing.
 Remora.Ninian
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-09-15 14:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

That sucks... I would try using the webchat instead of calling in. Or bug them more. :s It took me like 2-3 months to finally have my security token arrive.
 Remora.Dusten
By Remora.Dusten 2009-09-20 21:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninian said:
That sucks... I would try using the webchat instead of calling in. Or bug them more. :s It took me like 2-3 months to finally have my security token arrive.

I did the webchat too a few weeks ago and the guy just basically said the same thing as the people on the phone. That theres nothing they can do besides wait for the lazy investigation team to look at my ban complaint
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-09-20 21:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno. Anytime I used the livechat, I got what I needed. Maybe you just got sucky SEI's. :x I called uh...three times I believe. Twice I got SEI POL Michael. He was a bit of a douche it seemed like, but he knew what he was doing and just breezed through it. SEI Brittaney was the other, she was more talkative and didn't talk like a robot.

I would say try again and hope for a better representative.
 Remora.Dusten
By Remora.Dusten 2009-09-20 21:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Did you try reinstalling FFXI on the new 360? There was some security update not too long ago where you can't play on a different system even if you switch harddrives.

Try uninstalling/reinstalling FFXI to your brother's xbox. Keep in mind when you get your xbox fixed you'll have to do the same thing.

If you've called and they said it's banned then you'll probably still have to wait for their "investigating" but it might get a little bit farther in the mean time ; ;

Sorry if i wasnt clear in my original post. What happened is that when my xbox broke i used my brother's xbox and when i switched the harddrive i was banned and got unbanned over the phone and then reinstalled it on his xbox. When i got my xbox back(which is now months ago) i got slapped with the same ban and am still currently waiting for them to unban me.
 Remora.Dusten
By Remora.Dusten 2009-09-20 21:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Eternaltriumph said:
Dunno. Anytime I used the livechat, I got what I needed. Maybe you just got sucky SEI's. :x I called uh...three times I believe. Twice I got SEI POL Michael. He was a bit of a douche it seemed like, but he knew what he was doing and just breezed through it. SEI Brittaney was the other, she was more talkative and didn't talk like a robot.

I would say try again and hope for a better representative.

Thats what i think happened; the first time i called i got a nice person who just unbanned me right there, but the other people just dont seem to care and just go on about this stupid ban complaint thing