Dragoon In Dynamis - EXP And ... Coins?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Dragoon in Dynamis - EXP and ... coins?
Dragoon in Dynamis - EXP and ... coins?
 Siren.Blackroses
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Blackroses 2013-08-18 16:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi fellow Dragoons,

I recently aquired an Upukirez, so I decided to dust off my drg. I was thinking of doing augments on my +2 relics.

I'd like to know what kind of subjobs you guys recommend. Should I go /dnc to get extra coins? /mage for survivability?

Any other adivce about drg solo in dynamis is also more than welcome. Thanks
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-08-18 16:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I did trials /sam and stayed at mobs that didn't have any bad TP abilities. Restoring Breath is all I needed to stay alive (didn't even need to use it that often either). Just need Oils/Powders for TEs.

If you're in no rush to finish your trial then /dnc and moving between camps would be the most productive way to go about it. You'll finish in 1 run either way.
[+]
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-08-18 17:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
I did trials /sam and stayed at mobs that didn't have any bad TP abilities. Restoring Breath is all I needed to stay alive (didn't even need to use it that often either). Just need Oils/Powders for TEs.

If you're in no rush to finish your trial then /dnc and moving between camps would be the most productive way to go about it. You won't finish in 1 run either way.
Fixed. ilvl items kill dynamis exp.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-08-18 17:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really. Did 2 trials at once (Body and Head) in Tavnazia and finished in time. I did use an Undecennial Ring for that however.

No exp ring is required for just doing 1 piece.
 Cerberus.Aydogan
Server: Cerberus
user: Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2013-08-18 17:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're looking for coins I'd recommend /THF, since Restoring Breath is usually all you need if you're careful on pulls. Upu will certainly help with kills, but even Ophidian Trident is overkill on EP mobs, and at that point you'll only be able to kill as fast as you can proc the mobs.
By Ophannus 2013-08-18 17:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy to Augment the hands. Do Quifim, target the Rocs and Bats, should be able to aggro 2-3 of them and line them up and really obliterate them with Sonic Thrust for like 3.5-4k damage(they only have about 3k HP). As for Coins you might want to sub DNC since it will be hard to proc ***, if you kill too fast switch to /THF. Either way you want to be killing DC's.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-08-18 17:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're after exp I'd strongly recommend Decent Challenge mobs (Incredibly Easy Prey now, but they still give ~150 exp per kill)
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-08-18 17:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The changes to how much exp you get based on item level gear you are wearing, does that affect non SoA zones?
 Bahamut.Jezard
Server: Bahamut
user: Dre
By Bahamut.Jezard 2013-08-18 17:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't I just did a few xp trials with Boss weapons and was still getting 180~ a kill from DC mobs w/o xp ring.
 Leviathan.Encyclopedia
Server: Leviathan
user: EjinXI
By Leviathan.Encyclopedia 2013-08-18 17:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Aydogan said: »
If you're looking for coins I'd recommend /THF, since Restoring Breath is usually all you need if you're careful on pulls. Upu will certainly help with kills, but even Ophidian Trident is overkill on EP mobs, and at that point you'll only be able to kill as fast as you can proc the mobs.

Why would you recommend /THF for coins? Job ability proc on DNC is a far more efficient way to farm currency. However, chances are if you're using Upukirex, EP and maybe even DC mobs will be dead after the first two job abilities.
 Cerberus.Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2013-08-18 18:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Because you still have Angon, Smiting Breath, and jumps to proc. May not be able to try and proc as often, but you'll get far less single drops. Considering that, it'd probably be a wash.
 Leviathan.Encyclopedia
Server: Leviathan
user: EjinXI
By Leviathan.Encyclopedia 2013-08-18 18:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically you're just recommending a sub-par farming method? Do one or the other. Either get EXP for trials or farm coins. One is going to suffer if you try and do both.
 Cerberus.Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2013-08-18 18:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If farming coins, the TH helps tremendously. On any given mob you should have the opportunity to trigger 2-3 times before, like you said, the mobs are dead after the first two job abilities. If that's the case, then you may as well go with the TH instead of more job abilities you won't even need to have available.

If you're just seeing what to use as a sub while working on trials, you shouldn't be too concerned as most any sub will provide its benefits and you should probably focus on what will help kill fastest. If you're not working on trials, you should be farming as THF anyway.