Forum » Windower » Support » Addons not loading
Addons not loading
 Lakshmi.Aliandria
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Lakshmi.Aliandria 2013-08-13 11:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if this belongs in this forum or not. But "TParty" and "Timers" addons has a tendency of not always loading. When this happens I can't load them manually in game either, but have to log all the way out and turn them off and back on in the addons menu (windower 4).

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there an update or workaround or something?

Edit: Now when I think about it I believe this all started to happen after I installed GW addon.

Unloaded GW and after that all my addons load as they should. When GW is active only distance addon loads besides the GW. So I guess GW somehow interfere with some of the other addons.
 Lakshmi.Aliandria
By Lakshmi.Aliandria 2013-09-07 05:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep having issues with guildwork. When I have it on autoload, sometimes all the other plugins doesn't load or the game crashes on start up. If I disable autoload and load it in game, it either doesn't load correctly and doesn't work as it should, or the game crashes.

I've deleted everything guildwork related from the plugin folder and downlaoded the .dll again from the website, but I still have these isses.

Is it just me, or does anyone else got these problems as well?
 Leviathan.Behemothx
Server: Leviathan
user: BehemothZ
By Leviathan.Behemothx 2013-09-07 09:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It would help to have more information, like what version of windows you are using, if you have any antivirus software installed etc.

Also, just so this doesn't lead to confusion, TParty, Timers and Guildwork are plugins, not addons. Addons are lua scripts, not the same thing.
 Lakshmi.Aliandria
By Lakshmi.Aliandria 2013-09-07 10:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Windows 7
Avira, Spybot S&S
Windows built-in firewall

Either way it work sometimes, so I doubt it's because of windows or avira. Also if it's addons or plugins doesn't really matter. You, and probably anyone who could possibly answer this question know what I mean. Really doubt anyone would be like:

Oh so you meant the plugins and not the addons, well then ofcourse I know the answer. Just do this and it will all be ok.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2013-09-07 10:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It does matter, because there are addons and plugins with the same name, and the reasons for failure are entirely separate between them. For example, the syntax for loading them is different, and since you say they aren't loading, this could be the problem.

What do you mean, "not loading"? Do they give an error, or does nothing happen, or does it even say that they loaded, but nothing happens?
 Lakshmi.Aliandria
By Lakshmi.Aliandria 2013-09-07 11:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

When GW is on autoload I dont get any errors at all, they (the other plugins) simply won't load. The only plugins that are loading when that happens is distance (w/e its name is) and GW.

When I load GW in game after all the other plugins have loaded, most of the time I get the message that GW is initializing, but I dont get the welcome message and it doesn't update my bazaar, job levels, missions etc. Or the game crashes. Game crash happens about 1 time of 5 when loading it from in game.

Basically I need to have it on autoload for it to work correctly, but even when I have it on autoload the game sometimes crash as soon as I get online. And even if the game doesn't crash, the majority of the times only GW and distance will load.
 Leviathan.Behemothx
user: BehemothZ
By Leviathan.Behemothx 2013-09-08 18:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth, I had to remove a few plugins from Windower's launch client as autoload, and yes Guildwork is one of them. I choose to load em off my autoexec xml file right after character is logged.

I think Find was also one of them, since I've started loading those problematic plugins through autoexec everything's fine.

Can use something like this in your autoexec.xml in Windower\Plugins\Autoexec.xml:

<register silent="true" event="login">load Guildwork</register>
 Lakshmi.Aliandria
By Lakshmi.Aliandria 2013-09-09 05:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok thanks I will try that.
 Lakshmi.Aliandria
By Lakshmi.Aliandria 2013-09-09 09:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I must have done something wrong because GW isn't auto-loading.

This is what my autoexec file is currently saying:
Code
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<autoexec>
<!-- This is an autocreated AutoExec file. the next line is commented out and not going to be ran, its to show an example on how to add commands to this file. -->
<!--register event="login" silent="true" runonce="true">load expwatch</register-->
</autoexec>
<register silent="true" event="login">load Guildwork</register>
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2013-09-09 11:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The last line needs to come before the </autoexec>.
 Lakshmi.Aliandria
By Lakshmi.Aliandria 2013-09-09 16:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah ok, thanks.
 Lakshmi.Aliandria
By Lakshmi.Aliandria 2013-09-10 17:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Another question then. I got 2 different POL ID's linked to the same SE ID, is there a way to load GW for only 1 of those accounts? As it is now, when I log in on my main account (this) it just says "initializing Guildwork" but it still doesn't update my bazaar, jobs etc, however when I log in on my other account (that isn't registred with GW) I get the usual "Welcome Aliandria" and then a message that says "To add this character to guildwork type /gw flush add--"

edit: I mean load it through the eutoexec xml, since manually loading it in game has a tendency of crashing the game or not loading gw correctly as stated above.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2013-09-10 22:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Change event="login" to event="login_charname" in the AutoExec line.
 Lakshmi.Aliandria
By Lakshmi.Aliandria 2013-09-11 03:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you
 Lakshmi.Aliandria
By Lakshmi.Aliandria 2013-09-11 10:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

GW still doesn't work as it should. It does load when I log in on this character only, but something is wrong. It still only give the message "initializing guildwork" when it loads. It still doesn't update the things it should.

If I try to //unload it in game nothing happens, but if I //load it then it says its already loaded. I don't know whats wrong, it worked a couple of weeks ago. I've tried to delete the GW folder and done the whole login process again. Then it works correct until I log out and then log back in again.