Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Bst, Item level and Charm
Bst, Item level and Charm
By Lariae 2013-08-08 16:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tested charm to see whether or not wearing high item level gear causes you to charm longer the mobs in alduin? (EX: Mobs outside in ceizak con "T" to a level 99, with full delve armor + weapon they check EP)
Don't have gear on my bst so im wondering from another job.
 Fenrir.Trump
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: trump
By Fenrir.Trump 2013-08-08 16:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't tried, but I did notice that the mobs outside are checking EP now for me. I had no problems really at 99 charming them before and was able to get a mandragora to kill another one right outside without much issue, had to recharm once. BTW using 115 axe, and 100-110 armors.
By Lariae 2013-08-08 16:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

im quite interested in the duration of your charm.. if its as if the mob is "EP" now or if its still "Tough". Mostly I am trying to get at here is if this item level affects your characters "Ultimate level" as in, what you are vs mobs. (110 vs 120 ect ect) since charm is directly related to monster level difference.
 Bahamut.Celerez
Server: Bahamut
user: celerez
By Bahamut.Celerez 2013-08-08 16:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

the test then would come down to charm duration augmented via item level vs charm duration augmented via charm+/chr+ gear stacking. very interested to see the results on this... I will have to get in and test it out.
By Lariae 2013-08-08 17:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well a EP mob should last 20 minutes.. a T mob should last less than two.. so even without charm + itd be hugely evident if theres an effect
 Fenrir.Trump
Server: Fenrir
user: trump
By Fenrir.Trump 2013-08-08 18:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Well.. I tested charming a Blanched Mandragora which conned EP and it lasted roughly 3 minutes with no augments. My gear when charming is as follows:
ItemSet 309931
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-08-08 18:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably something else to ask SE about as well. They may do, as they're considering for nin, drk, blu, etc, and tie charm (magic for those jobs) potency/accuracy to the skill on the mainhand weapon.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2013-08-08 19:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Trump said: »
Well.. I tested charming a Blanched Mandragora which conned EP and it lasted roughly 3 minutes with no augments. My gear when charming is as follows:
ItemSet 309931

Seconding this result: Charm duration is unaffected by the increased iLvl.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [134 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Leafe
Server: Sylph
user: Leafe
By Sylph.Leafe 2013-12-20 19:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tested this further since the December update? The update note mentioned that it had been adjusted, but it didn't really extrapolate on the details:
Quote:
The item level of the equipped main-hand weapon is now taken into account when using the ability "Charm".
I'd be curious to see how much of an effect this has, and whether it impacts success rate, duration, etc.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Felgarr
Server: Asura
user: Felgarr
By Asura.Felgarr 2014-02-09 18:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I had CHR+77 as BST99 w/119 Guttler mainhand and a decent challenge tiger in Kamihr Drifts was "Very difficult to charm" according to Guage. I was very disappointed because as BST75, CHR+~60 would let me charm Very Toughs.
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2014-02-09 20:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

just that those mobs are really IT++ for a 99...
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-02-09 20:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Only +77 CHR? I think that's a big part of your problem right there. You should be gaining a lot more CHR than that with 20 virtual levels and stat vomit.

Also, when Charming VTs at level 75, were you using an Apollo's Staff?