Thunderfist Of Odin Passes Away.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Thunderfist of Odin passes away.
Thunderfist of Odin passes away.
 Odin.Alphonze
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: GhostWK
By Odin.Alphonze 2013-08-07 01:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont know if this is the right place for this, or if Im the right person to post it. but i cant think very clearly atm and his brother told me he always spoke of me to himand thought very highly of me so.

on august 6th the galka pld known as Thunderfist of Odin server has passed away due to suffocation during sleep. I didnt have the heart to ask anymore of the matter. His brother rewen willr be logging on until his sub expires if anyone wishes to send him love & condolences.

in a game full of fakes, he was one of the only real people i have met here. there was not a time he would not go out of his way to help anyone no matter what stature of person they seemed to be. it is players like him who are selfless instead of selfish that have made this game stand as long as it has. so many times people forget the friendships theyve made or that the gear and gil does not matter. the experiences and people that help you along the way and extend their hand out to you as a friend means more than any of that. people get to where they feel they are a god or better than others inthis game and forget who helped them get there in the first place. hopefully those of you who know him will be inspired to be more like him now that he has gone. or at least let him reflect in your life much as he allowed others and himself to reflect in his. he helped numerous people inside and out of this game, and deserves more respect than any number of pieces of equipment will ever get you. across all nations. he triumphed over some of the toughest things a life can throw at you and used his experience to guide others through their own trials & tribulations with more care than some peoples real friends would give. i will leave it at that because there is not enough space or words. you may also message me inthe coming days and ill try and provide more information if i can. rip eric, youre sorely missed already.
[+]
 Odin.Ladyrikku
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2013-08-07 02:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

My condolences. I've know Thunderfist (not personally) since the good days of 75 HNMLS. Sad to see someone whom you've know in game pass away.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ebaydotcom
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Ebaydotcom 2013-08-07 03:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry to hear about this, I remember him when I used to be on Odin, he really was a good person. My prayers go out to his family and friends.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2013-08-07 03:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I had just met Thunderfist last week while in line for Behemoth..

A group right before us had popd a KB and was struggling to keep it under control we ended up joining forces to help them out. He ended up tanking KB on his thf eating Meteor after Meteor like a true galka.

It was the perfect chance to distinguish a good guy from the masses of people that simply took their distance from the zone to avoid getting involved and didn't care to help out.

A good guy indeed, RIP man.
[+]
 Odin.Spccdog
user: spccdog
By Odin.Spccdog 2013-08-07 05:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

wow, this is terrible news. I have known thunder for a few years. He was one of the few people still around on my friends list. We used to just talk about guns, work, ffxi and life in general a few times a week. He was a great human being. I will miss him and I hope he is in a better place.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-08-07 07:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Condolences.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-08-07 07:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, if this guy was half as cool out of game as in game, the world is a way shittier place now.
[+]
 Sylph.Atigevomega
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Atigevomega 2013-08-07 13:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Condolences from Atig and Jinny of Sylph
 Odin.Skeero
By Odin.Skeero 2013-08-07 13:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

He was always a close in game friend of mine. Will be missed.
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2013-08-07 13:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I saw him occasionally, but never spoke to him. I'm so sorry for his family. Best wishes to them.
By Odin.Domfrancisco 2013-08-07 13:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Very sad to hear. I'll keep his family in my thoughts.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-08-07 14:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

/comfort
 Odin.Strummer
By Odin.Strummer 2013-08-07 17:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP Thunderfist.
 Shiva.Jirachi
Server: Shiva
user: jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2013-08-07 17:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Aww, the entire linkshell of SpiralingEmeralds (all 40 of us) shares our thoughts to Thunderfist, and hope the best for his family.
 Cerberus.Kengo
Server: Cerberus
user: Kengosama
By Cerberus.Kengo 2013-08-07 19:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Only the good die young.
 Odin.Valdor
user: Valdor
By Odin.Valdor 2013-08-08 01:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Such horrible news. Guy who always tried to help the LS. R.I.P. homie.

Q.Q

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-08-08 14:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a crazy way to die, but I can only imagine one of the easiest for those that do. It restored my faith in humanity a bit that this didn't turn into a gil-begging scam and no one posted the "did he drop any good loot" kinds of things (though by mentioning them, that mildly defeated that purpose). I think even those suffering the most (those that feel his loss from actually knowing him) know how the above-mentioned things happen on forums due to trolls and scammers, but this sounds pretty legit so it's sad.

Condolences from Valefor. /salute
By Taffy 2013-08-13 12:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Huge shame, always sad. Easy to forget that you can't just take a raise in real life - Didn't know him well but thoughts go out to his family.
 Odin.Elvaron
user: Showtek
By Odin.Elvaron 2013-08-14 02:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

he was like a brother i didnt have.
we played alot of ***together.
i wish i could Play halo4 with him again...

best wishes to his Family.

Rest in Peace
 Asura.Alucardr
Server: Asura
By Asura.Alucardr 2013-08-14 08:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

He's probably doing much better than us here in this hell now.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [2399 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Alphonze
user: GhostWK
By Odin.Alphonze 2020-03-09 10:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

7 years later and I havent logged in pretty much since he passed. My bazaar still honors him and I still miss him every day. A true friend that can never be replaced.
[+]