What Level Is My Pet ?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » what level is my pet ?
what level is my pet ?
 Quetzalcoatl.Taerra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Taerra
By Quetzalcoatl.Taerra 2013-07-21 20:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I'm confused by it all. can someone explain how this works ?

I got beast 5/5 , monster gloves +2 and forefront axe (ilevel 106)

what level is say ... my 3 favorite pets (dipper 76, falcor 86, goeey 95)

beast raises potential cap to 99, monster +2 forces pet called to be same level as master ... main hand axe raises those levels to 106 ? is that it ? what's the base level my pet needs to be to reach the max of 106 from my axe ?
 Bahamut.Jaggerjack
Server: Bahamut
user: voiceless
By Bahamut.Jaggerjack 2013-07-21 20:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

SQUARE ENIX ARE CONFUSING YES WITH capps i really dont know tho :(
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2013-07-21 21:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yuly, Falcorr, and Gerard all naturally cap at level 99, and your Beast Affinity merits push them beyond that up until the iLvl of your Main Hand weapon (iLvl 106 in your case).

Your guess was essentially right, your pets will be level 106. Check this post out for a summation of the level cap rules, and also reference the Familiar wiki page for level cap info.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taerra
By Quetzalcoatl.Taerra 2013-07-22 07:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks!
 Quetzalcoatl.Taerra
By Quetzalcoatl.Taerra 2013-07-22 09:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I fiddled around in aby uleg yesterday getting my last caller body seal. Falcor was critting for 700 with only RR/apoc/mounted. Ilevel 106 ftw. Can't wait to get the delve axe.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [77 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Bastiat
Server: Odin
By Odin.Bastiat 2013-10-07 13:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

"The attack, defense, accuracy, evasion, magic accuracy, and magic attack of pets called using the 'Call Beast' ability will now increase based on the item level of the weapon equipped in the main hand." (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/37575)

Does this replace the Beast Affinity/Weapon iLvl update or does it simply increase attack, defense, accuracy, evasion, mAcc, and mAtk of a capped lvl99 pet w/o increasing its level?
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2013-10-08 07:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Pets at lvl 100 or higher are now better than they were as they scale more than just base attributes with mainhand iLvl.

Nothing's really changed, but now you get a very obvious jump in pet damage when using high level jugs.

Last night I was soloing lairs in Marjami and I'd eyeball probably a ~40% difference in damage between a lvl 99 and 114 Falcorr. iLvl improvements are very apparent now.
[+]