Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-09 07:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Enspells
Storm Spells
Spike Spells

These are enhancing spells, but I am not sure whether they are considered for Light Arts or Dark Arts. Could someone tell me which please?
 Sylph.Cohan
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cohan 2009-07-09 07:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

enspells are light
storm are light
spike are dark

youll notice that you can aoe storms or enspells when using manifestion
and well you just cant aor spike spells lol
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-09 07:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you
 Sylph.Cohan
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cohan 2009-07-09 08:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

your welcome, did you happen to notice the job im on right now? XD
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-09 08:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, yeah
I am planning on leveling SCH to 75 once I come back from break. (I can't really play over the summer... parent agro) So I am spending my time designing guides for myself including: gear, spells, support jobs, and I will eventually design macros. If you have any tips, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
 Unicorn.Ellimist
Server: Unicorn
user: Ellimist
By Unicorn.Ellimist 2009-07-09 08:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

To check which Art a spell falls under, you can either look it up and notice it's classification (Magic -> Black Magic, ect), or, if you have the spell, go to your magic list and look under each White Magic section and Black Magic section.

As for tips, I'll give you one with macros. Scholar has an enourmous amount of spells, but the difference between SCH and other jobs is that you don't wanna use all these spells at the same time in the same pallet. PROTIP: USE MACRO SETS (or books). For instance, Macro Set 1 might be your Idling set for Light Arts. Ctrl 1 in that set might get you to your Dark Arts Idling set. Then you'll have sets for nuking, enfeebling, curing, enhancing, ect. I have 8 sets for Scholar. It may seem overwhelming, but if you get your sets down in your memory, it's a life saver. I've seen too many slow Scholars because they don't know how to macro well.

Also, Cohan, you AOE white spells with Accession. Manifestation is for black spells, and the only spell that works on your fellow players is Klimaform.
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-09 08:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, I had just noticed the Black Magic/Light Magic thing. I have seen the Scholar Macro Guide on FFXIcyclopedia, but I am not sure if the switch ones work with or without windower (I don't have that), but other than that, I am planning someting along those lines. I love macros, I use them for almost everything. I use macros so much I barely know how to use the little menu thing on the lower left hand corner...

Anyways, thanks.
 Unicorn.Ellimist
Server: Unicorn
user: Ellimist
By Unicorn.Ellimist 2009-07-09 08:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The switch macros (/macro set #) works without Windower, yes. I am a Ps3 player, so I'm proof of that. Beware that guide, btw, that has WAY too many "do this, do that or your not a good Scholar" type set ups. It's also way too complicated. Just make macros as you see fit. But that guide does have a good idea on Sets. God I love sets.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-09 09:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

For my SCH macros, I have 2 sets of macros for each sub; 2 palettes for /BLM, 2 palettes for /RDM, and 2 palettes for /WHM. My Alt+0 and Ctrl+0 use my Light Arts/Dark Arts, switch me to the other palette, and change my gear. Works very well for me so far.

I know some people need more macros but 2 sets per sub is enough for me at this point ^^
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-09 09:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

how do you do switch pallete macros? and is it possible without a windower?
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-09 09:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thoraeon said:
how do you do switch pallete macros? and is it possible without a windower?

At the end of whatever macro you wanna change your set on, use either:

/macro set # (where the # is the set number. 0-9)
or
/macro book # (where the # is the book number)

Prolly won't use the book one though, as most people keep a specific jobs macros in a single book.

For instance, my Light Arts Macro is:

/ja "Light Arts" <me>
/wait 2
/ja "Addendum: White" <me>
/macro set 1

And then in set 1 is all my white magic ***.
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-09 09:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

cool thanks, that will make things much easier
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-09 09:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Thoraeon said:
cool thanks, that will make things much easier

Yeah, it's totally a must with SCH. You can get by at the really low levels without it, but as you start getting higher there's just too many spells to macro into a single set easily. And since SCH is so heavily Subjob dependent on what you're going to have access to and what you'll ultimately be doing, it pays to get into the habit early. I spend 99% of my time /BLM and using Dark Arts, but you never know when you may need to flip and have access to Silena and ***like that...