So BST Burn Delve Now?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » so BST burn delve now?
so BST burn delve now?
First Page 2
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-07-08 16:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Now w/

"The effects of the “Beast Affinity” job trait earned through merit points will now apply even above level 99. The following pets have the possibility of being greater than level 99. "

... pets "can be" or have stats of a lvl 114 (10 from merits + 5 augmented relic)

Reference attributes when calling pets over level 99 have been changed.

If at or below level 99: PC’s Level + the pet’s maximum level
If over level 99: Main weapon item level + the pet’s maximum level

as powerful as automatons w/ Alternator I suppose.. ~.~
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-07-08 16:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I'm glad I was too lazy to change my merits from 5/5 Affinity like I was considering.
By Enuyasha 2013-07-08 16:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

God help those poor Dynamis mobs...they know not of the torrential sorrow that they are yet to be afflicted.
[+]
 Leviathan.Starcade
Server: Leviathan
user: starcade
By Leviathan.Starcade 2013-07-08 16:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
God help those poor Dynamis mobs...they know not of the torrential sorrow that they are yet to be afflicted.

It was bad enough the few times I did it with Delve Axe main/Wildskeeper axe sub.

Ouch.
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-07-08 16:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

well Since I dont solo dynamis.. I dont use pet.. charm is a nice proc JA.. lol

EDIT: BST BURN Absolute virtue! lol
By Enuyasha 2013-07-08 17:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aikchan said: »
well Since I dont solo dynamis.. I dont use pet.. charm is a nice proc JA.. lol

EDIT: BST BURN Absolute virtue! lol
With the bee delve boss axe in the mainhand you could COMPLETELY *** up DC's even faster than you did with bretheren/naakual/delve boss.

Poor nightmare mobs and beastmens dont know whats coming for them :( Try not to cackle too loudly when you ravage them of coin and forgotten hopes :(
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2013-07-19 09:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody answer the question lol

Anybody think we can 18 man delve with beast master now and get 7k plus plasm using bethren ax or higher?
By itchi508 2013-07-19 10:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »

Anybody think we can 18 man delve with beast master now and get 7k plus plasm using bethren ax or higher?

My assumption is no, you could SAC farm and probably do a good farm on trash mobs. As for support your lacking (brd cor geo healing) /dnc wont be enough.
In reality you would go something like this for SAC farm.
Pld bst bst bst sch brd
Bst bst bst cor sch brd
Bst bst bst cor sch brd

As for Nms. Theres no chance. Unless you want to spam Mulsums & rewards up the ***. Plus AoE will devastate you'r party and killing would not be time efficient as you would be lacking dmg + FS is must have. Not to mention no stuns, buffs/debuffs

Otherwise set up would be something like this
Bst bst geo cor brd sch
Bst bst bst cor brd sch
Bst bst bst cor brd sch

Unless members don't plan to engage, then just go all bst.
Good luck to whom ever attempts this!
By Heimdel 2013-07-19 10:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I don't know about delve but in wildkeeper it has been pretty good. I had the crab tanking the shark when all the plds were weak (till someone dragged a mob to me and got me killed). Also the slug seems to be rather good especially at the start since its hp down move sticks instantly knocking off several %hp. It is pretty damn funny seeing a whole group freak out when they see the nm apparently heal it self from the hp down move lowering it max hp%.
By Heimdel 2013-07-19 10:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

itchi508 said: »
Lakshmi.Amymy said: »

My assumption is no, you could SAC farm and probably do a good farm on trash mobs. As for support your lacking (brd cor geo healing) /dnc wont be enough.
In reality you would go something like this for SAC farm.
Pld bst bst bst sch brd
Bst bst bst cor sch brd
Bst bst bst cor sch brd

As for Nms. Theres no chance. Unless you want to spam Mulsums & rewards up the ***. Plus AoE will devastate you'r party and killing would not be time efficient as you would be lacking dmg + FS is must have. Not to mention no stuns, buffs/debuffs

Otherwise set up would be something like this
Bst bst geo cor brd sch
Bst bst bst cor brd sch
Bst bst bst cor brd sch

Unless members don't plan to engage, then just go all bst.
Good luck to whom ever attempts this!

Hmm whatever happen to that all pet hnmls think the name was monsters inc?
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2013-07-19 10:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I was thinking the master don't engage and use level 114 falcor. Level 114 falcor IS A NOTORIOUS MONSTER. Lol

Maybe a monk or 2 with a geo for matamata.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-05 08:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So finally took Hanahpu into Morimar Delve run and must say whoa. I went /war and was breaking out 3-5k runinators. It was insanely fun on bst sad thing is lose dps giving pet commands but over all it's clear Bst can wreck ***up for sure.
 Fenrir.Trump
Server: Fenrir
user: trump
By Fenrir.Trump 2013-08-05 12:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanted to say I was also in Morimar delve runs with Hunahpu /dnc doing good as well.
 Siren.Attaxia
Server: Siren
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2013-08-05 13:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
It was insanely fun on bst sad thing is lose dps giving pet commands
Put some visible gear swaps in your pet command macro so that you blink.

Be sure that if you are taking BST into Delve to take advantage of Killer Instinct's effect by using the appropriate pet;
Lizard type in Ceizak
Beast type in Morimar
Bird type in Foret
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [170 days between previous and next post]
By Heimdel 2014-01-22 00:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno about this but just tried bst with the new dmg using the bird in shark wild keeper and was doing 1-2k tp moves on it with around 200 dmg regular hits. I dunno but maybe a well geared bst could have a place in delve now. Oh and oddly mayhem didnt kill pet like use to always do. I don't know if just managed to stay in range or what but everyone else around died.
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-01-22 07:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure you would just take SMN instead since they can deal different types of damage

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-01-22 08:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
What percent was the wkr colo rate at?

Prob high.

SE nerfed a lot the col rate increase. Even yorcia, today, was 70%!
By Deadplaything 2014-01-22 09:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

mayhem will not hit you if you are within 5 yalms and if you are not within you need to be at least 20out there is a 15 yalm death zone.
By Pantafernando 2014-01-22 09:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Deadplaything said: »
mayhem will not hit you if you are within 5 yalms and if you are not within you need to be at least 20out there is a 15 yalm death zone.

Under 5' is water dmg.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-01-22 09:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
Pretty sure you would just take SMN instead since they can deal different types of damage

BST would stomp SMN completely for damage output, Ruinator is insane. If your not capping attack (Tojil Aura or low buff situation) then Ruin is pretty much the strongest WS in the game. Whenever I'm out dualboxing WAR + WHM Ruin (119 Axe / 115 or 117 Axe) has always averaged higher then Upheavel, UF and Resolution (119 Bravura / Rag).

And either way the BST would be in the DD slot getting COR / BRD buffs. My only question is does BST have a good Beast Family pet, did they ever make a new tiger?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2014-01-22 10:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Boar pet with Haste TP move. Naturally caps at some level higher than 115.
By Heimdel 2014-01-22 10:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »

Well with the dmg increase you have to also remember most jug pet tp moves have add effects. For instance the boar tp move does add effect def 25% down. The bird has ones that do dispel , amnesia, and def/mag def down. Also the new 1 hour lets you spam them with 300% pet tp for full effect. For instance on the shark I hit it at last couple percent( first time I used it) and did around 6k dmg in the few seconds before it died in just tp moves. Oh and just to add the slug hp down move actually works on the wildkeeper version of toji. Was funny when it freaked out a whole run when they saw his hp apparently increase from the move lowering his max hp.

Deadplaything said: »

Ya the thing is before the pets would never stay in the 5 yalm range and get 1 shoted. I had the crab tanking the shark once before this dmg buff when all the plds had died. It last till he did mayhem. Then every crab I tossed at it died the same way. I dunno if this was just chance or something else.The water dmg only did 200 dmg to the bird anyways.

Pantafernando said: »
Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
What percent was the wkr colo rate at?

Prob high.

SE nerfed a lot the col rate increase. Even yorcia, today, was 70%!

I also was doing some t2/t3 in abby and big scissors did 3600 dmg. Obviously a triple att proc and not best place to test dmg. But before this they would only do a couple hundred dmg even in abby.

You would still want a bst that is well geared for their own dmg output but with the new pet dmg and add effects it could be interesting.
By Heimdel 2014-01-22 10:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »

I don't think the level caps on that page are correct anymore. I'm pretty sure the crab is a lot higher and obviously there are a lot of pets missing now. A taru bst is who used to keep it updated but I don't know where he is now.Actually after rereading the intro I think the whole page needs updating.
By cervelo84 2014-01-22 11:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got a semi off topic question.

I was into BST big time.. so much in fact that I built a 90 Farsha. I have 700 HMP and was going to upgrade my 90 verethrgna.. But what If I did Farsha? Would I have a stronger pet then that of a pet summoned with a i119 axe?

Sadly I will admit I have not played bst in 5 + months...Just nothing to use it for.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2014-01-22 11:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

cervelo84 said: »
Would I have a stronger pet then that of a pet summoned with a i119 axe?
no
By Heimdel 2014-01-22 11:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

cervelo84 said: »
I've got a semi off topic question.

I was into BST big time.. so much in fact that I built a 90 Farsha. I have 700 HMP and was going to upgrade my 90 verethrgna.. But what If I did Farsha? Would I have a stronger pet then that of a pet summoned with a i119 axe?

Sadly I will admit I have not played bst in 5 + months...Just nothing to use it for.

I've got 85 farsha working on 90. I'm really not sure if there is any point to taking Farsha past 90(except for mnd for reward) to unlock ws since the other axes have bonus stats for your pet. I wonder if the farsha magic ws would be useful for any the nms in delve.
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-01-22 12:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
BST would stomp SMN completely for damage output, Ruinator is insane.
I was thinking more along the lines of full pet party, not just a substitute DD.

I took my BST in to Dynamis Tav the day before the update. GorefangHobs was hitting mobs with Razor Fangs for ~900ish. After the update, he was hittings mobs with Razor Fangs for ~4000ish, highest I saw being 4173. So the damage increase seems to be very substantial.

However, when it comes to higher tier bosses, the issue is accuracy. I would actually be interested in seeing what the accuracy of pets is like against Delve bosses or Ark Angels (normal+). I would guess that it would be terrible.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-01-22 13:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruinator with the 119 axes was hitting 7k on content outside abys with dnc sub it's pretty sick. The pets destroy but only a few can reach 119 per SE had a chart that showed the caps before they added the latest:
Code

The level caps for pets implemented post-Adoulin are as indicated below:

Item Name	Pet Name	Level Cap	Level Cap with Beast Affinity 5 & Monster Gloves +2
Swirling Broth	Droopy Dortwin	103	118
Shimmering Broth	Sunburst Malifik	104	119
Spicy Broth	Scissorleg Xerin	105	120
Translucent Broth	Herald Henry	113	128

We’d like to make it possible to check the level cap of the pets you call with Call Beast, and we are currently looking to write the level cap in the jug item help text.

I am a big fan of scissorleg Xerin still he out dd my mule thf lol. Currently testing the others new ones as I get the chance...
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2014-01-22 13:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdel said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »

I don't think the level caps on that page are correct anymore. I'm pretty sure the crab is a lot higher and obviously there are a lot of pets missing now. A taru bst is who used to keep it updated but I don't know where he is now.Actually after rereading the intro I think the whole page needs updating.

The caps on the page are correct - you may be thinking of the crab's level cap with Beast Affinity merits tacked on, but 113 is the natural cap for Herald (assuming that's the crab you're talking about).

Level cap/Max HP investigation for the newest pets started here. Someone with iLvl117/119 axe needs to pick up the torch on testing it.
First Page 2